What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birthday presents

El Duque

Bench
Just like American guys who come over here and go up to chicks and say "hi, I'm Randy" and then wonder why they get a strange look.This happened to one poor seppo baseball player (no bg name guy just a young bloke) whowas over here a few years ago for a little tourney thing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In high school, we had an American student named Charlie and he insisted we call him 'Chuck'. We got some enjoyment out of telling him that 'chuck' is Australian for 'chunder' - the joke fell flat because he didnt know what 'chunder' meant either.... probably just as well... rude bastards we were.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Steve: In case you wondering, chunder is slang for regurtitating.
emembarrassed.gif

C

CanadianSteve

Thanks, Willow, I was about to ask.:)

I figured out sporting terms like table, fixture, test and several others a while back, but Dan Coot, root, and chunder are new ones to me.

O

ozbash

dan is rons bent brother.
i used to know this mad aussie, he used to get me laughing at his sayings.
friar tuck or a donald duck
hit and miss
mato sauce

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ron Coote must be getting on bit to make it to 'coot' status. ;)
The question is... hashe got what it takes to live up to his name?

Gav-bt

Juniors
Roopy, Lord Ted, Weasal. Sorry I missed your birthdays, hope you had a good one.:)

Roopy, you're as old as me.

31st March, Aries, almost an April Fool.

R

roostergirl

May 18...stubborn bull

I already have a premiership Willow, which I was stoked to be at live!

This birthday coming I would like to wake up and be 21 again lol

imported_midas

Juniors
Jan 7
Those around before Ron Coote rose to prominence and those outside NSW and Qld referred to the deed as a Wellington Boot.Mightn,t make a bad present,actually.

S

SpaceMonkey

January 11

The bird I met on saturday night will do me nicely....

st ted

Juniors
Thanks for the wishes, it is appreciated.
Although 49 it is fair to say that my youthful flair and immaturity seem to impress Lady Ted.
It is the only reason I can think of when the pressies consist of a CD consisting of beer drinking songs,the Shane Warne cricket game(which I haven't tried yet) and get to go shopping for new golf shoes.
To my fellow Saggitarians I hope your pressies reflected our astrology,you know booze and sport.
Observant of you Willow and thankyou.

July 14 - crabby old bunt = 43 this year's day.
Had my 'name day' (one of them) yesterday - Anders day.
Name days are pretty cool, I get three each year, and in sweden they're celebrated similar to birthdays (good value).
Maggie

Latest posts