What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bizarre "Liquor Law" - Only in Victoria

Bazal

Post Whore
Some years ago, I saw a woman refused service at the BWS in Nowra for pushing a pram into the bottle shop with what appeared to be her 12 year old daughter tagging along on suspicion that she MIGHT be supplying alcohol to a minor, presumably her older child. Whether she had previous issues in this regard, I do not know.

It's just plain hypocrisy when your can take your kids into a licenced premises for a meal and buy all the piss you desire.

Lol. It's fking Nowra, of course she had history. Even if she's not got a history of supply, ever thought perhaps she was a thief and the "potential supply to minor" reasoning was a polite way of kicking her out? I've had more than enough thieves using their kids prams to steal piss...

Anyway I'd suggest working in a grog shop and seeing a co-worker get flattened by a fine of most of his yearly wage before whinging about liquor retailers exercising their obligations under the law. When we can be fined up to 25 grand....you reckon our employer is going to cover it?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Lol. It's fking Nowra, of course she had history. Even if she's not got a history of supply, ever thought perhaps she was a thief and the "potential supply to minor" reasoning was a polite way of kicking her out? I've had more than enough thieves using their kids prams to steal piss...

Anyway I'd suggest working in a grog shop and seeing a co-worker get flattened by a fine of most of his yearly wage before whinging about liquor retailers exercising their obligations under the law. When we can be fined up to 25 grand....you reckon our employer is going to cover it?
I've worked part time in a bottle shop for a few months in 1990 before all this political correctness reared its ugly head.

The bottle shop was attached to the only pub in Riverwood....LOL. It ended up being a Theo's Liquor Barn from memory.

kdalymc

Bench
Is there any truth to some law about (somewhere in Australia) where’s it fine to drink in public if you have the brown paper bag?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

Ever been to Nowra numbnuts?

It would be a way better place to live in than your fake one bedroom unit in Drummoyne with your several dozen gerbils.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I sincerely hope you enjoy it there.

Best of luck to you and your family with the move. Cheers.
It's a dump. I hate it

(Completely under rated place, love the slower pace of life, great facilities, good schools, no traffic, plenty of places to get a decent feed, much more affordable than Sydney, isn't snotty like Melbourne, don't tell anyone)

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
It's a dump. I hate it

(Completely under rated place, love the slower pace of life, great facilities, good schools, no traffic, plenty of places to get a decent feed, much more affordable than Sydney, isn't snotty like Melbourne, don't tell anyone)
I currently live in the world's most unliveable city, Melboredom. The worst place I have ever lived in.

Born and bred in Sydney, I moved to the NSW South Coast when I was 27 for about 20 years then off to Bundaberg until 2015 when I moved to Victorianland.

The thing that shits me most about Melboredom is how people love to tell you how great they are when they look like they wouldn't have two bob in their pocket. And the amount of tossers who say to you "Ya know...I'm a mate of Mick Gatto....give us a smoke?"

Go and f**k OFF!

Lambretta

First Grade
It's a dump. I hate it

If you like Canberra, you'd love Milton Keynes
May I suggest it as your next holiday destination

Bazal

Post Whore
Ever been to Nowra numbnuts?

It would be a way better place to live in than your fake one bedroom unit in Drummoyne with your several dozen gerbils.

Lol. Nothing like a tanty addition to a post already replied to...

Yes. I lived there for a while. If I had the money to live in Drummoyne I wouldn't buy gerbils with it. You took a wild swing, and you missed not only me, but everyone in the nightclub.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Lol. Nothing like a tanty addition to a post already replied to...

Yes. I lived there for a while. If I had the money to live in Drummoyne I wouldn't buy gerbils with it. You took a wild swing, and you missed not only me, but everyone in the nightclub.
The last time I went to a nightclub, it was in the Canberra CDB with a few mates.

When it was discovered it was full of gays, we decamped immediately without buying a beer.

And if you are wondering, I did vote NO.

Latest posts