What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Milford double pumped, drew in defenders and put Glenn into a gap with a beauty of a short ball for a try against the Cowboys, but has zero line break assists? really? NRL stats show very little in the scheme of things really.

I was referring to last nights match.

blaza88z

Coach
noone in Brisbane expected Milford to rip teams apart week in week out, that's the good thing about this Brisbane side, we have players both sides of the park capable of putting on big plays, all he has to do is make a contribution and there's no doubt he's been doing that

is Austin contributing more than Milford right now? definitely, but he's also the dominant half in that Raiders team.. will Austin have achieved more than Milford when both end their career? definitely not

this is such a pointless debate, the only reason there's so much anti-Milf in here is because he left the Raiders, end of

Kiwi

First Grade
To Raider fans, Mildord is the devil.

he became the devil to more than just Raider fans when he signed with the Broncos, the amount of non raider fans trying to lay the boot into Milford is ridiculous, now that his speed can no longer be questioned they find something else and keep digging, no matter how good he gets based purely on the club he plays for he'll get slammed by many on here.

I have the utmost respect for guys like Hutty who despite their dislike for a club will man up and praise where praise is due.

AMD

Juniors
he became the devil to more than just Raider fans when he signed with the Broncos, the amount of non raider fans trying to lay the boot into Milford is ridiculous, now that his speed can no longer be questioned they find something else and keep digging, no matter how good he gets based purely on the club he plays for he'll get slammed by many on here.

I have the utmost respect for guys like Hutty who despite their dislike for a club will man up and praise where praise is due.

This. I think fans who are capable of thinking realistically never expected Milford to be exceptional in a new position straight away. He's only young and has shown glimpses of improvement since the start of the year. That doesn't mean he's free from criticism, but some people (for whatever reason) have been overly harsh on him.

Getting back on topic, at this point in the season, Austin is playing well, and he deserves recognition and credit for his current form.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
People put the boot into papalii (some deserved and some not) and he's only 22 in a position where it takes some time to really get going. Not sure why going milfs only 20 is supposed to mean.

legend

Coach
Papalii has been a friggin monster this season. His defence will have more than just Gallen quaking in their boots.

I'm the Raiders harshest critic I believe and they have even shocked me. They are finally starting to play a more direct game through Austin and now, to a lesser extent, Sam Williams. Can't wait for Sezer to come on board. To huge comebacks away from home in consecutive weeks speaks volumes about the Raiders and I believe, Austin. He still has the odd mistake in his game but he gives his all and doesn't leave anything in the tank.

Milford is a merkin and has been bog average for the Broncos, regardless of one good run. Ben Barba mkII. I have him in my fantasy team and I had to bench him, he was that bad.

Snappy

Coach
Haters gonna hate.

Milford is doing a job in the team leading the comp. He's a vast improvement on all options we had in 5/8 last year. I'm certainly not complaining or worried about his ability or progress in our team.

POPEYE

Coach
Haters gonna hate.

Milford is doing a job in the team leading the comp. He's a vast improvement on all options we had in 5/8 last year. I'm certainly not complaining or worried about his ability or progress in our team.

Can't argue with that, surprising though how we've finally established he's a 5/8 . . . playing against the big boys was always going to take time

Kiwi

First Grade
Can't argue with that, surprising though how we've finally established he's a 5/8 . . . playing against the big boys was always going to take time

Most definitely, he has worked very hard on his defense and certainly can't complain about it, he is certainly not the defensive liability a lot were predicting. It's all heading in the right direction for him and his partnership with Hunt, I'll be very happy with top 8 this year, top 4 I will be excited, if we go well in the finals I'll be over the moon, and whilst I'll cheer them on in every game till the final whistle, and I'll give us a chance of winning every game, my head knows what Bennett is saying and doing will take time, we are building and so is Milford. I can't wait to see how Hunt and Milford go with a fullback like Boyd relieving a lot of the pressure from them and laying a good platform from the back.

Kiwi

First Grade
Papalii has been a friggin monster this season. His defence will have more than just Gallen quaking in their boots.

I'm the Raiders harshest critic I believe and they have even shocked me. They are finally starting to play a more direct game through Austin and now, to a lesser extent, Sam Williams. Can't wait for Sezer to come on board. To huge comebacks away from home in consecutive weeks speaks volumes about the Raiders and I believe, Austin. He still has the odd mistake in his game but he gives his all and doesn't leave anything in the tank.

Milford is a merkin and has been bog average for the Broncos, regardless of one good run. Ben Barba mkII. I have him in my fantasy team and I had to bench him, he was that bad.

I didn't know a players true worth and ability was dictated by a fantasy league.

nick87

Coach
I didn't know a players true worth and ability was dictated by a fantasy league.

Forget fantasy football, use your eyes. Go back and watch him play for us last year at fullback, and then watch one of your games this year, and try to tell me with a straight face that he isnt half the player he was

If you want to sit there and say he'll grow and in 18 months time he'll be a star in the halves fine, but dont sit here and try and tell us we're all just dreaming his poor performances so far. That's horseshit and all you Broncos fans know it

He may wind up being the greatest 5/8th of all time, but right now, he looks terrible there, there is simply no denying that.

betcats

Referee
Forget fantasy football, use your eyes. Go back and watch him play for us last year at fullback, and then watch one of your games this year, and try to tell me with a straight face that he isnt half the player he was

If you want to sit there and say he'll grow and in 18 months time he'll be a star in the halves fine, but dont sit here and try and tell us we're all just dreaming his poor performances so far. That's horseshit and all you Broncos fans know it

He may wind up being the greatest 5/8th of all time, but right now, he looks terrible there, there is simply no denying that.

This.

Latest posts