What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

Well, well, well. So we overtake Milford's Broncos on the ladder as a direct result of Blake Austin's outstanding play yesterday.

First he sparks our comeback with a typical barnstorming Austin solo try. Later with the clock winding down, he slots a field goal to get us the lead for the first time in the game. His 2nd clutch kick of the season (remember his pinpoint bomb for Rapana to tie the game vs the Panthers?). A play which looked to win the match. But we all know how this sport goes.

So then he has to re-win the game for us. Even his dud field goal attempts turn into match winning plays. What a player.

And on top of all that, he gives a poor, freezing, little disabled girl a ride to the game. What a human being.

...as opposed to Milford who gets kicked out of Origin camp for drinking on the job.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I was surprised how little Austin got his hands on the ball yesterday. Both Hodgson and Baptiste repeatedly went the opposite side of the field to where he was standing. I was left scratching my head. When you have a player of Austin's ability, you get him the ball every chance you can.

I was surprised how little Austin got his hands on the ball yesterday. Both Hodgson and Baptiste repeatedly went the opposite side of the field to where he was standing. I was left scratching my head. When you have a player of Austin's ability, you get him the ball every chance you can.

We're lulling them into a false sense of security...then the ball finally goes to Austin and BAM..greatest dummy of all time, step, try.

some11

Referee
:lol:

qYMSFqq.gif

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
Well, well, well. So we overtake Milford's Broncos on the ladder as a direct result of Blake Austin's outstanding play yesterday.

First he sparks our comeback with a typical barnstorming Austin solo try. Later with the clock winding down, he slots a field goal to get us the lead for the first time in the game. His 2nd clutch kick of the season (remember his pinpoint bomb for Rapana to tie the game vs the Panthers?). A play which looked to win the match. But we all know how this sport goes.

So then he has to re-win the game for us. Even his dud field goal attempts turn into match winning plays. What a player.

And on top of all that, he gives a poor, freezing, little disabled girl a ride to the game. What a human being.

...as opposed to Milford who gets kicked out of Origin camp for drinking on the job.

"match winning play", a failed dropkick which bounced perfectly for Jordan Rapana :lol:

It's all in the bounce. It was certainly better than Milford's goal-kicking vs the Dogs.:eek:

By the way, where's the rest of your fellow 7th placers? Still licking their wounds after conceding 90 odd points in 2 weeks I guess...

Nice.
He's building nicely towards the end of the season. He seems to have overcome his injury problems from earlier in the year, and is starting to hit his straps. I thought he was outstanding vs the Dogs (that denied try) and Warriors, and good against the Eagles & Titans. But that Knights game was his best performance so far.

Latest posts