What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Watching this bloke at the 9's, he is deadset f**king awful. As I type this he drops a sitter of a catch. He is a f**king dud.

They call him a half, but he couldn't organise a root in a brothel. If they call him a rangy lock well look at the bloke, he falls off every tackle he attempts to make. If he is in the first-grade team this year we are in for it.

Absolute dud. Sickening to think other teams make good buys but we get a reject.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, i didn't get the love he was getting after the trial, he looks out of his depth & for mine, too small to be a lock.

These 9's have just confirmed f**king Anasta will be our #6 come round 1.

Ffs

Tiger05

First Grade
From what I have seen he is definitely not a great player however I haven't seen that much. I think we have to give him some more time.

macnaz

Staff member
He is playing for an NRL position so you'd expect a lot more from him.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Watching this bloke at the 9's, he is deadset f**king awful. As I type this he drops a sitter of a catch. He is a f**king dud.

They call him a half, but he couldn't organise a root in a brothel. If they call him a rangy lock well look at the bloke, he falls off every tackle he attempts to make. If he is in the first-grade team this year we are in for it.

Absolute dud. Sickening to think other teams make good buys but we get a reject.

No offence, but you had 8 other geniuss out there with him.
Not sure you can blame Austin.
The 9's are about hit n spin forwards, second phase off the cuff stuff and hitting holes at pace.
Starving the opposition off the ball is paramount.
You blokes dropped it more often than not.

Austin will be fine.
Farah was a lot worse than him today.

gronkathon

First Grade
Watching Rowe was worse.

Rowe was the only reason Penrith got on the board in the trial and woeful all 9's tournament.

Austin was great in the 13 man game. See how he goes in the last trial I guess.

I had assumed Anasta would be our 5/8 anyway and that Austin was our backup half option if Brooks is out

super_coach

First Grade
Iam not going to judge anyone on a game of nines. Last week he was the talk of the boards in the game against the Penny Panthers,this week he is rubbish.

Lets take a deep breath and give him and anyone else a least a few more trials and maybe a couple of real nrl games before we start putting in the daggers

magpie4ever

First Grade
Iam not going to judge anyone on a game of nines. Last week he was the talk of the boards in the game against the Penny Panthers,this week he is rubbish.

Lets take a deep breath and give him and anyone else a least a few more trials and maybe a couple of real nrl games before we start putting in the daggers

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think its at all silly to judge an attacking player's ability in a game suited to attacking play.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I don't think its at all silly to judge an attacking player's ability in a game suited to attacking play.

Judge the ability of a player on his performance in a 13 a side game, that is why he was bought.

There is still a few trials before the season commences.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
His performance with extra time and space is vital. If he can't succeed in the 9's environment in attack, then there's little chance he will with 4 more defenders to deal with.

The 9's can show you plenty about the attacking prowess of players, especially backs.

Austin is a long way behind any of the clubs players capable of covering the halves. That includes Fulton.

Tiger05

First Grade
Austin is a long way behind any of the clubs players capable of covering the halves. That includes Fulton.

I reckon this is pretty accurate and that is even including Anasta, Austin may go well but I fail to see why we don't just throw our eggs in the Moses basket. Moses looks classy - Austin doesn't. If Moses fails then we can all state he is too small and all that other crap but given he looks the best of our options why not give him the first shot.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our defence was shocking around the park. Id like to see Austin playing at 6 before I judge him.

I really hope that Brooks is 100% fit though, anyone know how his inuurt is coming along?

soc123_au

Staff member
Austin is much better than he looked during the nines. You guys will be a lot happier with him after he has had a few games in the regular season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Austin is much better than he looked during the nines. You guys will be a lot happier with him after he has had a few games in the regular season.

I tell you what, he'd want to be, because he can't look much worse.

Reminded me of Robert Lui when he first made it into the NRL, standing around, running sideways, no coherence, a disgrace in defence.

TiggaPlease

Reminded me of Robert Lui when he first made it into the NRL, standing around, running sideways, no coherence, a disgrace in defence.

And Lui ended up being a big part of 2 straight finals appearances. All the while you kept focusing on how "rubbish" he was.

To say that Fulton is a better option in the halves than Austin just makes you look like an absolute goose.

If we were picking the first team based on form in the 9's Farah wouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up.

Latest posts