What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson

Crush

Coach
Wow he is just like another Nene when we signed him up
Plenty of good centres in front of Ferguson and TBH I still can’t fathom how he ever got picked for SOO let alone Australia.
Yeah Nene was disappointing this year I agree. Let's see how he goes with a better kicker in Hunt this year. I still cannot believe that they didn't take advantage of his height and get him jumping for the sky in the corner. Our 5th tackle options killed us this season.
If you compare Nene and Fergo on their best days Ferguson is a far superior rugby league player. I'd take him.

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah Nene was disappointing this year I agree. Let's see how he goes with a better kicker in Hunt this year. I still cannot believe that they didn't take advantage of his height and get him jumping for the sky in the corner. Our 5th tackle options killed us this season.
If you compare Nene and Fergo on their best days Ferguson is a far superior rugby league player. I'd take him.
I hear what you are saying but I just wish for once we were discussing an absolute top liner like Gagai.
We seem to spend a hell of a lot of time discussing the pro's and con's of 2nd and 3rd tier quality players and TBH that's what causes half of the squabbles in this place.
Top liners are exactly that and there is no discussion as to whether they will or won't be good for us it is all about how good they will be unless of course one subscribes to the theory that Hunt should play hooker.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I hear what you are saying but I just wish for once we were discussing an absolute top liner like Gagai.
We seem to spend a hell of a lot of time discussing the pro's and con's of 2nd and 3rd tier quality players and TBH that's what causes half of the squabbles in this place.
Top liners are exactly that and there is no discussion as to whether they will or won't be good for us it is all about how good they will be unless of course one subscribes to the theory that Hunt should play hooker.
Except OT we had those topliners and people were saying we were spending too much money on wingers and centres and not enough on the spine.

Old Timer

Coach
Except OT we had those topliners and people were saying we were spending too much money on wingers and centres and not enough on the spine.
Very good point indeed.
People crowing about Nighty scoring x amount of tries I wonder how many BMoz would have scored?
I suggest all that Nighty notched up and then some.
Very sad to see what has happened to the value of players being now defined by position over individual worth and also the decline in the devaluing of the centres in the game both monetarily and what they bring to the spectacle.

ouryear

Juniors
I would have Nightingale over Ferguson any day of the week
One is a true clubman and the other ........
I will take the younger, faster, and more creative player who is more used to winning..... F. E. R. G. U. S. O. N.

Well now anyway, not back in 2013 and prior.

Crush

Coach
OK, we are ip to 150 replies here.
Has there been any indication that dragons are looking to sign Ferguson at all other than he was sighted in the Gong?
Any?

ouryear

Juniors
We all know Ferguson is a former Kangaroo and current NSW Origin player with plenty of ability. Under McJetskis de-skilling he would become a wasted battering ram stuck out on the wing just running from dummy half. Based on this plus his character it's a Big No!
Hopefully with Hunt controlling the ball, Fergo will get the ball in space to show his great speed and swerve.
We need speed and more speed.

Crush

Coach
Hopefully with Hunt controlling the ball, Fergo will get the ball in space to show his great speed and swerve.
We need speed and more speed.
Oh shit is fergo signed already! ? Great! Can't wait to see him in the red v!
Thanks for the heads up!

Crush

Coach
Hey I was just having breakfast at Sizzler when I saw Wade Graham drive past. He was driving northbound and I distinctly saw him glance to his left at Jubilee Oval.
What do you think about him joining the dragons? I think he would be a great addition to our pack.
Thoughts?