What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bledisloe 2 in Brisbane

Wallabies team named for this weekend:

Kurtley Beale, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Anthony Fainga'a, Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Radike Samo, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom, James Horwill, Dan Vickerman, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu. Res: Saia Fainga'a, Salesi Ma'afu, Rob Simmons, Ben McCalman, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Burgess, one TBA.

Great to see Vickerman, and A. Faingaa get a start. Would rather see Morahan on the wing instead of Ashley-Cooper though. O'Connor needs to pull his bloody head in!

What's will Deans do when Mitchell is fit again? You would think he'd have to go to the wing...maybe O'Connor to 12 pushing McCabe to the bench?

ThirdEye

Juniors
This should be a good game. An All Black loss would be more significant than a Wallaby one - 2 defeats immediately preceding the RWC is not the ideal build-up. I dont mind an Aussie win on Saturday tho', because I like the way they play and I can't see them winning the Cup. If the Aus forwards can win some decent ball and if Cooper can keep his composure then I hope they can give the AB's a run for their money.

Has the mystery reserve been named yet? It has to be James O'Connor - Deans is just f**king with him; making him sweat a little. He is too good to leave out.

One thing I'll applaud Deans for is dropping Giteau - always believed he was over-rated.

Te Kaha

First Grade
How they line up...

AUSTRALIA
Kurtley Beale
A. Ashley-Cooper
Anthony Fainga'a
Pat McCabe
Digby Ioane
Quade Cooper
Will Genia
Radike Samo
David Pocock
Rocky Elsom
James Horwill
Dan Vickerman
Ben Alexander
Stephen Moore
Sekope Kepu
Reserves: Saia Fainga'a, Salesi Ma'afu, Rob Simmons, Ben McCalman, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Burgess, one TBA.(or O'Conner as he is more formally known)

ALL BLACKS
Mils Muliaina
Cory Jane
Conrad Smith
Ma'a Nonu
Zac Guildford
Daniel Carter
Piri Weepu
Kieran Read
Richie McCaw
Adam Thomson
Sam Whitelock
Brad Thorn
Owen Franks
Keven Mealamu
Tony Woodcock
Reserves: Andrew Hore, John Afoa, Ali Williams, Victor Vito, Andy Ellis, Colin Slade, Isaia Toeava.

Not a bad AB team... probably an A- team, not quite at full strength, more talk on who is missing, Cowen,Dagg and SBW.. Kaino off with Paternity leave.

Parra

Referee
How they line up...

AUSTRALIA
Kurtley Beale
A. Ashley-Cooper
Anthony Fainga'a
Pat McCabe
Digby Ioane
Quade Cooper
Will Genia
Radike Samo
David Pocock
Rocky Elsom
James Horwill
Dan Vickerman
Ben Alexander
Stephen Moore
Sekope Kepu
Reserves: Saia Fainga'a, Salesi Ma'afu, Rob Simmons, Ben McCalman, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Burgess, one TBA.(or O'Conner as he is more formally known)

ALL BLACKS
Mils Muliaina
Cory Jane
Conrad Smith
Ma'a Nonu
Zac Guildford
Daniel Carter
Piri Weepu
Kieran Read
Richie McCaw
Adam Thomson
Sam Whitelock
Brad Thorn
Owen Franks
Keven Mealamu
Tony Woodcock
Reserves: Andrew Hore, John Afoa, Ali Williams, Victor Vito, Andy Ellis, Colin Slade, Isaia Toeava.

Not a bad AB team... probably an A- team, not quite at full strength, more talk on who is missing, Cowen,Dagg and SBW.. Kaino off with Paternity leave.

Excuses before the kickoff.

Just name the scapegoat and be done with it.

Butters

Bench
Wallabies backs are starting to look a whole lot better. Mitchell for AAC and O'Connor to inside centre and thats the best backline in the world.

Parra

Referee
This could be a worry

Genia in doubt for Bledisloe clash

Jim Morton

August 25, 2011 - 9:14PM
AAP
A second training collision in three days has put jinxed Wallabies halfback Will Genia in doubt for Saturday night's Tri-Nations decider against the All Blacks.
In a major scare, Genia will have to wait to be given the green light by team medics on Friday after copping another head knock, this time from reserve lock Rob Simmons, in Australia's Thursday training session at Ballymore.
The influential No.9, regarded by former Wallabies captain and new Hall of Fame inductee Paul McLean as nigh on irreplaceable, believes he "should be fine" but was left seething after his latest mishap.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Despite both wearing non-contact bibs, Queensland Reds teammates Genia and Simmons ran straight into each other as they chased a high kick in one of the last plays of training.
The suspected concussion concern comes just two days after another towering Reds forward, Radike Samo, split Genia's head open and left him dazed after charging into him in another highly-physical session.
Losing Genia would be a massive blow for Australia who are looking to end a decade-long Tri-Nations drought at Suncorp Stadium.
Not only is the 23-year-old the Wallabies attacking general, Genia's back-up Luke Burgess has not played for two months due to a broken hand.
Burgess has been back on the Australian bench for their last two Tests but has not seen a minute of action as coach Robbie Deans kept Genia on the field.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Excuses before the kickoff.

Just name the scapegoat and be done with it.

Who needs an excuse? its the final hitout before the world cup.. nothing more important than that... the tri-nations isnt important this year, unless you havent won it in a decade, and the Bledisloe is already safe..

If the All Blacks lose it means Aussie are hard to beat at home... they still cant win in NZ... hmm also sounds like the Reds... however if the All Blacks win.. the Wannabies are in a world of pain... it will prove that they just can beat the AB's

Who needs an excuse? its the final hitout before the world cup.. nothing more important than that... the tri-nations isnt important this year, unless you havent won it in a decade, and the Bledisloe is already safe..

If the All Blacks lose it means Aussie are hard to beat at home... they still cant win in NZ... hmm also sounds like the Reds... however if the All Blacks win.. the Wannabies are in a world of pain... it will prove that they just can beat the AB's
wasn't going to resond...but have to...
correct - there is nothing more important than the final hitout before the WC. Regardless of what silverware is at stake, it's still a phsycological victory for the winner. Sure the Wallabies find it difficult to win in NZ but so does every other country. BTW - the Reds beat the Chiefs in Hamilton the last time they flew across the ditch. Not the Crusaders I know but it's still a win in NZ.

Te Kaha

First Grade
wasn't going to resond...but have to...
correct - there is nothing more important than the final hitout before the WC. Regardless of what silverware is at stake, it's still a phsycological victory for the winner. Sure the Wallabies find it difficult to win in NZ but so does every other country. BTW - the Reds beat the Chiefs in Hamilton the last time they flew across the ditch. Not the Crusaders I know but it's still a win in NZ.
But they couldnt beat a self destructing Canes team...

And the more inmportant game was the game here... thats where the Final will be held.. and the wannabies know they were thrashed in that one...

Thomas

First Grade

Can I use the 'kiwi excuse' and blame the ref for that one? Even 'canes supporters will say they got away lucky with that win.

Besides, you haven't been too good at picking results this year. The "Reds won't win the title" statement was thrown around a fair bit. ;-)

Can I use the 'kiwi excuse' and blame the ref for that one? Even 'canes supporters will say they got away lucky with that win.

Besides, you haven't been too good at picking results this year. The "Reds won't win the title" statement was thrown around a fair bit. ;-)
I have to agree with Thomas. The 'Canes were extremely lucky to get out of jail in that game. Not being biased, it was definitely the ref that ciost us the game. I als refer back to a comment i made a while back - records are there to be broken. Every win at Eden Park just means it's one game closer to a loss.

Butters

Bench

And the more inmportant game was the game here... thats where the Final will be held.. and the wannabies know they were thrashed in that one...

:lol: They lost their first game in 3 months playing with half their backline out to a penalty kick after the siren.

You'd think you'd be a little more humble after your stellar S15 predictions...

Te Kaha

First Grade

Well i didnt take into account the easy draw that the reds had... thats the problem when you have the weekest pool... you get the easy points... home ground advantage won them the comp.

I have to agree with Thomas. The 'Canes were extremely lucky to get out of jail in that game. Not being biased, it was definitely the ref that ciost us the game. I als refer back to a comment i made a while back - records are there to be broken. Every win at Eden Park just means it's one game closer to a loss.

Assuming there is ever going to be a loss... what is it now 11-1 in the last dozen games?

Well i didnt take into account the easy draw that the reds had... thats the problem when you have the weekest pool... you get the easy points... home ground advantage won them the comp.

Assuming there is ever going to be a loss... what is it now 11-1 in the last dozen games?
Not arguing we had a favourable draw, but you can't dispute that the Reds were the best team in the comp and deserved to win it. I know you're going to make a rational arguement for the Crusaders, but the Reds deserved their win and you can't take that away from them.

Assuming there is ever going to be a loss? You seem reasonably intelligent (for a biased Kiwi) so I choose to assume you're joking.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Not arguing we had a favourable draw, but you can't dispute that the Reds were the best team in the comp and deserved to win it. I know you're going to make a rational arguement for the Crusaders, but the Reds deserved their win and you can't take that away from them.

Assuming there is ever going to be a loss? You seem reasonably intelligent (for a biased Kiwi) so I choose to assume you're joking.

No they werent the best team... bit thats just opinion.. the Crusaders made the final without having a home game... they were easilythe best team...

And only half joking... Samoa, Tonga, Argies, Scotland, Ireland arent going to beat the All Blacks.. never have.. never will... Aussie is falling into the same boat...

Parra

Referee
I'm tipping the referee or one of the players from the bench to be the fall guy.

No they werent the best team... bit thats just opinion.. the Crusaders made the final without having a home game... they were easilythe best team...

And only half joking... Samoa, Tonga, Argies, Scotland, Ireland arent going to beat the All Blacks.. never have.. never will... Aussie is falling into the same boat...
Predicted response.

Maybe I gave you a little too much credit. WTF? you (half) seriously beleive that the AB's will NEVER lose at Eden Park again? hmmm...