What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues v Tigers - Shield

yappy

Bench
The warm up for the final with 1 playing 2. An outright win to either side will just about secure the home advantage for the big one.

NSW have announced their side with a few surprises:

The squad of 12 is (one to be omitted on the morning of the match) :
Nic MADDINSON
Nicholas BILLS
Trent COPELAND
Scott COYTE
Patrick CUMMINS
Moises HENRIQUES ©
Phillip HUGHES
Phil JAQUES
Peter NEVILL
Stephen O’KEEFE
Ben ROHRER
David WARNER

http://cricketnsw.com/news-display/OKeefe-back-for-vital-Shield-clash-with-Tasmania/24294

Interesting that Casson was dropped completely for this. I would have thought he'd at least go and would be 12th man if the pitch was green.

Also where is the Kat? Obviously not quite 100% yet.

Bills stays in the squad from the Ryobi Cup game despite not getting a go and he and Cummins must both be a shot of playing here seeing as Coyte has hardly set the world on fire. On of these three will carry the drinks.

Moises gets the big (c). Don't get what they're seeing but he becomes our 4th Shield Captain of the season. He's bowled pretty well in spurts this year but seriously he should be batting 8 with Nevil at 6 and SOK 7.

Top 5 with Hughes, Warner, Jacques, Maddinson and Rohrer will score plenty if we get going.

Butterworth is the dangerman for us. A genuine match winner for Tassie, not the least the last game against NSW where he took 5 wickets and top scored in both innings to give Tasmania a 1 wicket win. He leads the wickets table with 37 @ 16 and backed it up with 291 runs @ 32. We keep him quiet we'll win. Cosgrove has also hit some good form this year, but Tassie will need to roll us cheaply twice to win it I think

yappy

Bench
Bailey won the toss and sent us in on a greentop. Maddinson and Hughes opening.

yappy

Bench
The ball is talking at Bellerive with Hughes and Forrest going in quick succession. 3/11.

yappy

Bench
Jaques gone now too. 4/11.

We should just declare and see if Tassie can go any better on this deck.

yappy

Bench
7/52 now. Nevill showing a bit of pluck, and Henriques got a couple away, but nothing else.

yappy

Bench
Lunch 8/59.

Nevil gone in the last over and we're officially screwed.

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
Copeland doesn't trouble the scorers and we're 9/59 2 balls after the resumption.

Will be interesting to see if Copeland and Cummins can get as much out of this deck as the Tiger's have.

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
All out for 74.

And as per usual the bloody stream hasn't come back up after lunch.

jargan83

Coach
Bugger me - I hope the NSW bowlers get something out of deck otherwise I will be down a carton down at the Cricket club

Red Bear

Referee
Well f**k me

8 overs gone for the Tazwegians, 0/21. Copeland has two maidens and none for 7, having just beaten the edge 7 or 8 times so far. Cummins has gone for 14 or so, first class cricket is a big step up.

yappy

Bench
We is gonna get pumped. Don't seem to be too many demons in the pitch now are there? Tas 1/116 and the wicket was a run out.

Copeland has bowled 20 unchanged again.

yappy

Bench
Coyte with the early breakthroughs. Knocked over Bailey and Kruger in the one over. 4/260

Latest posts