What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bombers 2018 Rumour

rabbitohs95

Bench
Read on a few facebook pages (I know not the best source but a rumour is a rumour) that the NRL has decided on putting in the Brisbane Bombers as an NRL team for 2018. Not sure if there will be more teams added (Hopefully the Bears will get in making it 18 teams) but watch this space...

mongoose

Coach
Who's going to support the Bombers? and why would the NRL want a franchise with the same mascot as a disgraceful AFL team?

Are the Bombers just going to be the Broncos version 2 and float on the stock exchange as well? They should enter a team with a bit of history and community good will behind them.

undertaker

Coach
The Bombers are simply going to cannibalise the Broncos support. They are reminiscent of the woman who's spent thousands in plastic surgery.

A South QLD or Western Corridor franchise (playing out of Suncorp) would be a better option.

alien

Referee
Who's going to support the Bombers?

i always hear there are alot of people in brisbane who like rugby league but don't like the broncos, and some of them only support a team in the QLD cup, but would support a new nrl team based in brisbane.

brisbane bombers isn't a bad name, but they might not want another team called brisbane. maybe south queensland scorpions or something. . .

ellskimore

Juniors
i always hear there are alot of people in brisbane who like rugby league but don't like the broncos, and some of them only support a team in the QLD cup, but would support a new nrl team based in brisbane.

brisbane bombers isn't a bad name, but they might not want another team called brisbane. maybe south queensland scorpions or something. . .

It's a terrible name.

bobmar28

Bench

They don't want a team called Brisbane and they don't want a team with an AFL name either.

What about the Brisbane Dutch?

Play in all orange and populated by Kiwis players.

This orange and blue combo.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I couldn't think of a worse name than the Brisbane Bombers - it doesn't suit their demographic.

I'd rather the Brisbane Big Black C#$ks. Anything but Brisbane Bombers... a cheap AFL rip off.

Prometheus

Juniors
If a second Brisbane team is admitted, it really should be an existing QRL team with a history and an established fanbase. It also shouldn't be called "Brisbane". How ridiculous was it when the Roosters, Bulldogs and Tigers all called themselves "Sydney". Why couldn't the Redcliffe Dolphins be the second team from Brisbane?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I reckon....

Brisbane United Diehards.

But pay homage to a few of the old BRL teams in the clubs image.

If a second Brisbane team is admitted, it really should be an existing QRL team with a history and an established fanbase. It also shouldn't be called "Brisbane". How ridiculous was it when the Roosters, Bulldogs and Tigers all called themselves "Sydney". Why couldn't the Redcliffe Dolphins be the second team from Brisbane?

If their was a way to do this, but with a comination of a few team, itd be great...

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I reckon....

But pay homage to a few of the old BRL teams in the clubs image.

If their was a way to do this, but with a comination of a few team, itd be great...

Easy, combine Norths and Redcliffe in the same style club as Wests Tigers to form North brisbane Dolphins (playing in sky blue and red)

Another club could be called South queensland or Ipswich-Logan to capture the corridor from Logan Westward feeding off Souths and Ipswich obviously in the Q cup.

Leave Brisbane Broncos with Easts and Wynnum as feeders and you have the city locked up with each NRL club having two feeders. It also creates georgraphic rivalries in the city and feeds off the old BRL clubs loyalties

Latest posts