What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boogie appreciation society

Special K

Coach
Bukuya debuted in 2008(as a centre off the bench IIRC. I remember he jammed SBW) under Stuart and played 2 games then sat out 2 seasons with injury during imo the worst period of our club 2009/2010. Played 11 games in 2011 and became a regular in 2012. Went through the peptides dramas while he was getting paid over at the NZ warriors. Lasted a year and came home. Won a comp with us, re-signed and is about to re-sign again. Has played over 130 games for us.

I can't remember many bad games by Boogie and if there was one he likely had a blinder the week after. As a bench middle I'd put his impact up against any forward in the comp over the past 3 seasons. I struggle to think of a more consistent and underrated player for us who by all reports is a real leader off the field.

I love all boogies
image_2_1.jpg

shaggs

Coach
Addition to the bakuya story.
Came to club as a skinny centre/winger.
Was in maybe 17/18, but came down form QLD, to play under 20s.
Wasn’t going so well and maybe struggling a bit with the size and speed step up.
Went back to SG ball for a game. Scored 4 tried and gave the other centre a bath. Never played in his own age group again .

Latest posts