What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boost for greece

dimitri

First Grade
Message from International Development Manager

By Tas Baitieri (International Development Manager, July 2003)

Following a meeting with the RLIF President Mr. Colin Love, we have approved your scheduled match against Italy for September 2003.

I would like to congratulate your efforts if developing Rugby League with the Greek community.

A similar strategy was adopted by Lebanon with an Australian lead Lebanese team playing
match here as well as in France and Lebanon. They also played in the 2000 Rugby League World Cup in England.

A direct result of this has seen the creation of a Lebanese Rugby League competition in Lebanon, with 4 clubs playing.

They will host the Mediterranean Cup competition in October with France, Morocco
and Italy playing in the event.

I hope that the long-term objective is for a Greek team to be added to this competition and to continue to promote the sport internationally.

Your planned match against Italy has the support of the International Federation and we look to further links with your homeland in years to come with a domestic competition.

We are also prepared to help with equipment, coaches and referees.
Please don't hesitate in calling me for further details.

Kind regards
Tas Baitieri
International Development manager

Latest posts