What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boring boring boring

eozsmiles

Bench
Players are too big and fit.

12 players only

Keep it at 13 but make it so teams can only do fitness training and weights once a week with no pre season stuff. The rest of the time they have to practise ballwork.

They'll all be unfit so defence is weak and they'll be attacking geniuses.

Problem solved.

#topball

HowHigh

Coach
Keep it at 13 but make it so teams can only do fitness training and weights once a week with no pre season stuff. The rest of the time they have to practise ballwork.

They'll all be unfit so defence is weak and they'll be attacking geniuses.

Problem solved.

#topball
Or just make all forwards besides hooker weigh a minimum 110kg, they'll tire out quicker to open up play.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
The comp has just lacked that X factor this year.

And I blame the games admins, they need to stop trying to appeal to the mothers or the person not interested in the game and keep the fans we have now. Rugby league is a tough physical game and its things like the shoulder charge and a bit off biff that makes this game so great.

The problem we have is people at the top destroying what we the fans love about the game. There was two times in the knights roosters game on the weekend where they were about to come to blows but instead, because of this stupid rule. They all stand there holding each other.

The shoulder charge needs to come back, make te rule clear that as soon as you make contact with the head it's an automatic 5 week suspension.

The finall thing I find is giving this season a little less feeling is the refs, they are diabolical. The worst reffing display ever.

Totally agree with this post. I'd even say there's a greater risk of losing fans because the game is becoming soft than losing them because it's too physical.

Loudstrat

Coach
The bomb is the best part of the game.
You know what is boring? Having 9 teams in Sydney. What we have is a hybrid game, half Sydney suburban competition with 7 token national teams.
Ban the bomb? Now that would be boring.
F*ck off you demented idiot. If you are watching a game of footy between Canberra and Brisbane, how the f*ck does remembering that there are 9 Sydney teams make it boring????

Someone should nail your dick to a camel and stick a firecracker up its arse.

Totally agree with this post. I'd even say there's a greater risk of losing fans because the game is becoming soft than losing them because it's too physical.

I disagree; should not bring the shoulder barge back, we can still charge with the top of the shoulder, words are important, it should be referred to as the barge not the charge. As for as the biff, the "Bring Back The Biff" T-Shirts are tongue in cheek, ffs, we don't mean it, besides I bet there will still be some punches throw in future, but I'm sorry it's evolution. Just to say I want boxing, MMA and horse racing banned. Horse racing especially the jumps is cruel.

There have been some fantastic matches this year, there are really good ones in every round. Maybe not as many per round as there was in the '80's and '90's but that's because teams are better defensively, they're full-time mun.

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
I disagree; should not bring the shoulder barge back, we can still charge with the top of the shoulder, words are important, it should be referred to as the barge not the charge. As for as the biff, the "Bring Back The Biff" T-Shirts are tongue in cheek, ffs, we don't mean it, besides I bet there will still be some punches throw in future, but I'm sorry it's evolution. Just to say I want boxing, MMA and horse racing banned. Horse racing especially the jumps is cruel.

There have been some fantastic matches this year, there are really good ones in every round. Maybe not as many per round as there was in the '80's and '90's but that's because teams are better defensively, they're full-time mun.

that, is the dumbest post. :lol:

MightyBronco

Juniors
Boring is the right word.

Even this origin had very boring football. Bombs, dummy half running, forward hit ups and the 2nd man play. Thats it. Rinse repeat, and hope for a knock on or penalty.

Of course not every game is boring, but its becoming a problem.

POPEYE

Coach
Would be much more interesting if interchanges were limited, let the 2nd half belong to the athletic blokes like it used to be after the big boppers got tired.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Generally close games with a few try's to each team in front of a big crowd and no bs ref decisions equals an exciting game to watch on TV. I reckon a 24-22 scoreline is usually the ideal score for a RL game.

We get few games at the moment that match up to that (he writes as trying to stay awake watching he roosters v panthers non game)

Latest posts