What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

Ivor

Juniors
Has anyone seen Zac Dunn fight? He's mighty impressive. Very methodical. Like an assassin. I reckon he might be better than Jeff Horne.

shiznit

Coach
So it looks like Jeff Horn v Manny Pacquiao has been confirmed for April 23rd.

Only issue now is the venue... It's between Suncorp Stadium, a Sydney Venue & an Abu Dhabi venue.

Hopefully Duco can get it done in Brisbane... It would be great for Horn to figh in front of his own people...

Certainly not Pacman in his prime... But decent work by Duco though... I think there's no doubt they are the top fight promoters down under these days...

Hopefully what they have managed to do for Jeff Horn will convince more Aussie fighters to jump over to them...

I've certainly enjoyed watching Horn's progress...

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Exactly what boxing needs in this country. Hopefully the media get behind the fight and Horn. Should be at Suncorp which will be huge and has a chance of selling out. Great for Horn who gets the opportunity of a lifetime aswell as a big pay day.

As for the fight I see Pacquiao being far to good and winning a wise decisions or even stopping Horn. But hopefully he can make it a competitive fight

Mong

Post Whore
Potentially bad timing to have it at Lang Park.. We need a purpose built entertainment venue of sufficient size in this place. Lang Park pitch is still rubbish in large areas after the coldplay concert over a month ago. Hardly fair on the usual tenants.

Frankus

Juniors
Has anyone seen Zac Dunn fight? He's mighty impressive. Very methodical. Like an assassin. I reckon he might be better than Jeff Horne.
Have seen him fight and although he is rated highly by WBA, the SMW division is so low on talent at this point in time. I watched the SMW unification fight James DeGale vs Badou Jack yesterday and dynamo Dunn gets comfortably UD'd by either and both guys are average compared to the old super 6 crop of fighters.

Ivor

Juniors
Have seen him fight and although he is rated highly by WBA, the SMW division is so low on talent at this point in time. I watched the SMW unification fight James DeGale vs Badou Jack yesterday and dynamo Dunn gets comfortably UD'd by either and both guys are average compared to the old super 6 crop of fighters.

I don't agree. I think Dunn (with just a few more fights' worth of experience) would beat DeGale. Not sure about Jack. Point is, Dunn is only 25 years old and still developing. I think he's a strong chance of a title at some point.

Frankus

Juniors
I don't agree. I think Dunn (with just a few more fights' worth of experience) would beat DeGale. Not sure about Jack. Point is, Dunn is only 25 years old and still developing. I think he's a strong chance of a title at some point.
Yeah he may win a title in the future. The guy was dropped and went life and death against a faded Derrick Findley. He can bang but his defence is poor, making him very easy to hit. He has yet to fight anyone decent, hmm maybe Cameron, not that there is really an elite level fighter in the entire SMW division. Let's see how he goes against Brophy. Fellow SMW Aussie Quinlan will have fought someone better than Dunn has ever faced in a few weeks.

And again - no way he beats DeGale. Not even close at this stage. Styles make fights and I think DeGale is very wrong for Dunn. I would expect DeGale to shatter his mandible within 5.

Ivor

Juniors
Yeah he may win a title in the future. The guy was dropped and went life and death against a faded Derrick Findley. He can bang but his defence is poor, making him very easy to hit. He has yet to fight anyone decent, hmm maybe Cameron, not that there is really an elite level fighter in the entire SMW division. Let's see how he goes against Brophy. Fellow SMW Aussie Quinlan will have fought someone better than Dunn has ever faced in a few weeks.

And again - no way he beats DeGale. Not even close at this stage. Styles make fights and I think DeGale is very wrong for Dunn. I would expect DeGale to shatter his mandible within 5.

I agree about his defence, but I think he's still improving. And I reckon his style is perfect for DeGale. He'd give De Gales body a much better going over than Jack did.

lingard

Coach
I've just changed my mind about Zac Dunn. His defence is absolutely woeful. Needs a major overhaul in that regard if he's ever going to challenge for a title.

kdalymc

Bench
Cheap tickets for the Horn fight, but they're at a footy stadium up the back... Can get $100 tickets but there still about 50m away from the ring. Do we think they experience would out weigh the shit view, or should just grab it on PPV.... ???
Suggestions please

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
Cheap tickets for the Horn fight, but they're at a footy stadium up the back... Can get $100 tickets but there still about 50m away from the ring. Do we think they experience would out weigh the shit view, or should just grab it on PPV.... ???
Suggestions please

I would buy the $100 tickets. Australia won't get many fights like this in the future. The opportunity to see Pacquiao live and be part of a big fight will be worth it

Smack

Coach
Incredible heart from Vlad, got rocked early in the 11th and his legs were gone but stayed up for as long as he did

Frankus

Juniors
I've just changed my mind about Zac Dunn. His defence is absolutely woeful. Needs a major overhaul in that regard if he's ever going to challenge for a title.
told you. Brophy is barely a C level fighter and destroyed him.

kdalymc

Bench
Just got my Jeff Horn tickets . Anyone else annoyed about the lack of notice they giving this about times etc... trying to plan my day and I still can't figure out when the undercard starts or who is on it,, the ticket does say gate open at 8:30 but don't really want to waste a whole Saturday