What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd endorses JD

Saintsified

Bench
So was Steve Price, Ivan Henjak, Brad Arthur, Barrett and a few more, truth is only Seibold worked out quick. Then again so did Ricky Stuart, but now what with Stuart? Wayne Bennett Jack Gibson , Bellamy etc are like Federer , Djokovic , Nadal of coaching . It's always a risk with new guys, if we don't get Wayne I would chase Meninga and Walters as a team. We need big names with aura about them.

dannyt

Coach
So was Steve Price, Ivan Henjak, Brad Arthur, Barrett and a few more, truth is only Seibold worked out quick. Then again so did Ricky Stuart, but now what with Stuart? Wayne Bennett Jack Gibson , Bellamy etc are like Federer , Djokovic , Nadal of coaching . It's always a risk with new guys, if we don't get Wayne I would chase Meninga and Walters as a team. We need big names with aura about them.
Mal Meninga?

Sure, the guy has been a super successful rep coach, but I have a feeling his club coaching skills are about the same as his political skills.

New Dragon

Juniors
If the broncs take someone else then Why look past JD? Attacking coach with second best points scored in the Comp after a stellar record in reserves. Dragons and attack are not two words that go together!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
No more rookie coaches please. If he’d come straight after Bennett coached us, I’d say yes. But having Price and Mary doesn’t make me want to see another untried coach coaching the team.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I do when they are talking up the bloke that should have had Mary’s job three years ago.
Three years ago he was an assistant coach at the cowboys.

He was in no way in the running for Mary’s position back then, nor should he have been.

No more rookie coaches please. If he’d come straight after Bennett coached us, I’d say yes. But having Price and Mary doesn’t make me want to see another untried coach coaching the team.
I know, and this has given me pause too. However JD has had proven success in winning comps and getting players to perform, Price and McGregor never did.

Seibolds a rookie too, look what he’s done, everyone’s a rookie coach to start with.

He was in no way in the running for Mary’s position back then, nor should he have been.
Ok give it up, you know exactly what I meant.
He should have taken Mary’s job when he won the NSW cup and the Interstate cup, the year he replaced Mary for a round or two while Mary was out with his sick mother and had us performing out of our skins.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors

Perhaps. But his CV was already better than McGregor's. He'd have been a better choice on paper

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I know, and this has given me pause too. However JD has had proven success in winning comps and getting players to perform, Price and McGregor never did.

Seibolds a rookie too, look what he’s done, everyone’s a rookie coach to start with.

Yes mate. But if you’ve got Bennett and JD to choose from, I’d choose Bennett any day of the week. If I had to choose between JD and Barrett, I’d choose JD.

Yes mate. But if you’ve got Bennett and JD to choose from, I’d choose Bennett any day of the week. If I had to choose between JD and Barrett, I’d choose JD.
Oh yeah for sure.
I’d like Bennett to bring JD back as an assistant co-coach kinda thing with a view t taking over after the two years we give Bennett.

Latest posts