What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Clyde vs Sam Burgess - then vs now

GongPanther

Referee
Lol. Your original post about Clyde and the Churchill medal is the most irrelevant post in the whole thread.

What a f**king pedestrian.

Your first post quoting me wouldn't and didn't make sense within a normal conversation.

But if it makes you happy to constantly show yourself up,be my guest. Now move on before you pop a vein in your forehead.:)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Your first post quoting me wouldn't and didn't make sense within a normal conversation.

But if it makes you happy to constantly show yourself up,be my guest. Now move on before you pop a vein in your forehead.:)
WTF are you on about?

Your first post in this thread about the virtues of Clyde V Burgess is a whinge about Clyde winning a man of the match award. Totally irrelevant.

I'd suggest you go back to your usual haunts in the game day threads where everyone is to busy concentrating on the game to read your shit attempts at humour and relevance.

GongPanther

Referee
WTF are you on about?

Your first post in this thread about the virtues of Clyde V Burgess is a whinge about Clyde winning a man of the match award. Totally irrelevant.

I'd suggest you go back to your usual haunts in the game day threads where everyone is to busy concentrating on the game to read your shit attempts at humour and relevance.
LOL gotcha!:) To fooking easy.

POPEYE

Coach
Only special to most, not all, Penrith were a 3 game better team than any other that year . . . whatever happened after the Shield is just media fodder

soc123_au

Staff member
True. The CCM can be pretty contentious at the best of times. They did get it right in 03 when that other bloke from Canberra got it. f**k he was good that day.

On topic Clyde was a winner in one of the greatest RL sides ever assembled. Such a shame he didn't finish his career in the lime green.

glockers

Juniors
Clyde should be an immortal before we even discuss Lockyer or Thurston. Burgess isn't even the best backrower of his era.

Last edited:

glockers

Juniors
Watched Ron Coote play for Souths and later Easts,and he was a beast.Big tall lanky robust player as was Rod Reddy for St George. But I think above them all,Ray Price was the best lock forward I've seen just beating Mal Reilly from Manly.

I have had great chats with old timers that starts with "Parra fans reckon Ray Price was on same level as John Raper". From all accounts Price is worthy of a conversation in the same breath.

GongPanther

Referee
I have had great chats with old timers that starts with "Parra fans reckon Ray Price was on same level as John Raper". From all accounts Price is worthy of a conversation in the same breath.

Rod Reddy used to really go out of his way to rub him out of the big games in the finals at the SCG. That is how influential Price was.Get rid of him,and your battle was half way fought. In those days,shit,and I mean bad shit did happen,and Reddy got accused of being "The Phantom Biter". I think I have that story on an old copy of the RLW albeit I'm not sure if it was Price who was the bitee.

POPEYE

Coach
Rocket always saved something special for special games, if the video ref was in existence when the man did his thing the Dragons would be less one cup win at least and the Poms might've had a better chance . . . then again if RL games were revisited in retrospect with the Video Ref almost all would be deemed null'n'void

Latest posts