What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradford go into administration

Tigers1986

Juniors
Fans of the shittest championship clubs are just really keen to be up against a team on minus 12.

i.e Oldham

Yeah, there's a big difference between not relegating a team and promoting a team with four weeks to go before the start of a season. There's also a big difference between RL and soccer which makes it even more ridiculous in this case. Look, if you Aussies with no experience of promotion and relegation think this would be a good idea then that's fine, you can keep thinking that if you like, but you have no idea what you're talking about and are objectively wrong. Again, this is a stupid discussion to even be having.

You're right, you can just have a team waste a whole year in league 1 not taking the place of the new Bradford team if it even goes ahead. This clusterf*ck in the English setup isn't limited to Bradford. Look at the multitude of North Wales teams that have relaunched. The failure of South Wales being kept going due to stubborness. The liquidation of York City. Bradford being in administration 3 times in 5 years.

You're delusional if you think a League 1 side such as Barrow, Newcastle, Keighley etc, wouldn't want the chance to jump up to the Championship and try it there. Bradford's squad are all free agents so they could grab a few. Insert Toronto into the fray and avoid the inevitable - the 10 fans booking tickets to Toronto can offset them to Championship clubs. I'm sure Whitehaven and/or Workington Town would like some input.

It's not as though it's a sudden shock, it's been coming for 5 years. The sheer arrogance and stubborness of the RFL to keep Bradford around is astonishing. Starting the season at -12 with a depleted squad means barring a miracle they're going to be relegated for next year and will have to start League 1 in more debt through lack of funding and face hardship again.

But it's easy to start a brand new club with four weeks to go.

Signed, the f**king geniuses that brought you this clusterf**k. We know what we're on about.

Hahaha I know right.

And the rfl don't expect to finalise this new club till two weeks before.

Only because of sheer arrogance that these abused players/staff will stay in Bradford because everything will change under the new name PMSL.

Horrible management from Bradford and the RFL. Start fresh in league 1, earn your way back up like it should be done. I'd wonder if they had the same issues with Salford, for example, if they'd rule something similar.

Evil Homer

Staff member
You're right, you can just have a team waste a whole year in league 1 not taking the place of the new Bradford team if it even goes ahead. This clusterf*ck in the English setup isn't limited to Bradford. Look at the multitude of North Wales teams that have relaunched. The failure of South Wales being kept going due to stubborness. The liquidation of York City. Bradford being in administration 3 times in 5 years.
Lol what, clubs "being kept going due to stubbornness"? WTF are you talking about?

You're delusional if you think a League 1 side such as Barrow, Newcastle, Keighley etc, wouldn't want the chance to jump up to the Championship and try it there. Bradford's squad are all free agents so they could grab a few. Insert Toronto into the fray and avoid the inevitable - the 10 fans booking tickets to Toronto can offset them to Championship clubs. I'm sure Whitehaven and/or Workington Town would like some input.
Maybe they would. I'm sure they would 2 months ago when they had enough time to give them a realistic chance of competing. But they haven't earned the right to be in the league any more than Bradford have. Newcastle didn't even make the top 8 in League 1 last year and Keighley struggled and have replaced their coach and most of the team. Workington have released half their squad and replaced them with local amateurs to try and build more sustainably for the future. These teams have prepared for a crack at League 1. Put them in the Championship at this stage and they would be beaten by 60 points every week, it would cripple the club and ruin what they're trying to achieve long-term. You don't know anything about any of these clubs or the circumstances there, you literally are just pointing out random names with no idea what you're talking about. This is like those old threads we used to get where a bunch of people from thousands of miles away would go on about all the expansion teams that should be in SL without actually knowing anything about the teams and places they were talking about.

Apart from the logistical issues such as the fact that it would totally f**k up the fixture list in two divisions which have been in place for months, clubs have sold their season tickets and budgeted accordingly etc, which teams would be promoted, as I've already asked? Are we going to have 3 teams replacing Bradford, or 5 teams as you suggest? This whole discussion is just f**king stupid. It's so stupid I don't even know what to say. Two months ago, yeah, Bradford starting in League 1 would probably be the best choice. It's not an option now and to suggest otherwise is just ridiculous.
It's not as though it's a sudden shock, it's been coming for 5 years. The sheer arrogance and stubborness of the RFL to keep Bradford around is astonishing. Starting the season at -12 with a depleted squad means barring a miracle they're going to be relegated for next year and will have to start League 1 in more debt through lack of funding and face hardship again.
But you're saying they should be in League 1 already! Lol this is so inane, I'm done with this.

You're done with it because you're copping a pasting.

And from stupid Aussies too. Perth Red has even proven he's an Aussie now too despite having to give up his knowledge of promotion and relegation to say exactly what us stupid Aussies are saying.

You can say it's ridiculous to even talk about it all you like, but the only ridiculous statements made on this thread have come from you. Most notable of all that a club that doesn't even exist yet deserves to be in the championship because the old liquidated Bradford club was. That redefines ridiculous.

Evil Homer

Staff member
You're done with it because you're copping a pasting.

And from stupid Aussies too. Perth Red has even proven he's an Aussie now too despite having to give up his knowledge of promotion and relegation to say exactly what us stupid Aussies are saying.

You can say it's ridiculous to even talk about it all you like, but the only ridiculous statements made on this thread have come from you. Most notable of all that a club that doesn't even exist yet deserves to be in the championship because the old liquidated Bradford club was. That redefines ridiculous.
No, I'm done because you people are refusing to listen to any type of logic or reason and claiming that you know better despite having absolutely no knowledge of the practicalities involved or the situation on the ground. This is like me telling you how the CRL should be running their competition, telling you that they were getting it all wrong despite not really knowing what I was talking about and then still insisting I was right even if people on the ground were telling me I was wrong and explaining exactly why I was wrong.

A bunch of people on this forum agreeing with you doesn't mean you're right. A couple of fruitloop expansionist zealots on TotalRL agreeing with you doesn't mean that you're right. I've already explained to you numerous times why at this stage, this close to the season, a "new" club taking the place of the old club in the Championship is a better option than promoting a different club and stuffing up the planning for pretty much everyone. If you don't want to believe me and still think that I'm wrong then whatever, I couldn't care less. I'm not.

No, I'm done because you people are refusing to listen to any type of logic or reason and claiming that you know better despite having absolutely no knowledge of the practicalities involved or the situation on the ground. This is like me telling you how the CRL should be running their competition, telling you that they were getting it all wrong despite not really knowing what I was talking about and then still insisting I was right even if people on the ground were telling me I was wrong and explaining exactly why I was wrong.

A bunch of people on this forum agreeing with you doesn't mean you're right. A couple of fruitloop expansionist zealots on TotalRL agreeing with you doesn't mean that you're right. I've already explained to you numerous times why at this stage, this close to the season, a "new" club taking the place of the old club in the Championship is a better option than promoting a different club and stuffing up the planning for pretty much everyone. If you don't want to believe me and still think that I'm wrong then whatever, I couldn't care less. I'm not.
You just write off every person who disagrees as either stupid or Australian (the same thing to you). And claim you know so so much about the intricacies of how clubs are run and think you "explaining" something gives it some inherent and unquestionable value. It's arrogance personified. Anyone who says a club this doesn't even exist yet "deserve" to be in the championship because a dead, defunct, liquidated club that might happen to be based in the same city used to play in that comp can't possibly call anyone's ideas ridiculous. And I have I doubt you won't be on the English forums calling people idiots and claiming you know best and they don't. Weak merkin.

roughyedspud

Coach
i.e Oldham

Who the f**k are you???

Im not arsed how many points bradford or whether they actually start this season or not..

What i do get,due to the proximty of the start of the season,is why they've been kept in the championship..

Its you lot that can't grasp it

"Kept"

It's a new club. That doesn't yet exist. Automatically promoted. Ahead of all league 1 clubs. Clubs that actually exist on the earth. Against rfl policy. By an organisation with a vested financial interest. Without consulting relevant clubs.

It's you lot that can't grasp it.

roughyedspud

Coach
Id just woke up...lol

you keep saying x,y & z would jump at the chance to replace bradford...as it stands there is no bradford & the championship is a team short..

Has any league one team offered to step up?

Id just woke up...lol

you keep saying x,y & z would jump at the chance to replace bradford...as it stands there is no bradford & the championship is a team short..

Has any league one team offered to step up?
Did the rfl ask any of them before deciding to put a new club in the ground they own? That one can be answered. No. They conveniently decided "rugby league needs a team in Bradford". Ie, they need a team in the delapidated old ground they bought to save the old Bradford (fail). Yeah but they know what they're doing. That money could run the Welsh RL for years or run grassroots comps or pay for development officers all over the country, but nah.

Evil Homer

Staff member
You just write off every person who disagrees as either stupid or Australian (the same thing to you). And claim you know so so much about the intricacies of how clubs are run and think you "explaining" something gives it some inherent and unquestionable value. It's arrogance personified. Anyone who says a club this doesn't even exist yet "deserve" to be in the championship because a dead, defunct, liquidated club that might happen to be based in the same city used to play in that comp can't possibly call anyone's ideas ridiculous. And I have I doubt you won't be on the English forums calling people idiots and claiming you know best and they don't. Weak merkin.
Except I didn't say any of that, I said Australians can't fully appreciate the P&R because you don't have it in your system, which is true. People are saying things like "give them more money and they can sign Bradford's players", that's not how it works at all. And promoting a club before they are ready can cause serious damage, look at Leigh in 05 who nearly went bust or Huddersfield in 1998 who were in the absolute shits for about 5 years until they were finally able to get relegated again and build properly, and even then they went from 14,000 at their first SL match in 1998 to struggling to crack 5,000 even when they won the minor premiership in 2013. Being in a higher division is not automatically a better outcome for a club, you cannot fully appreciate this because you don't have P&R in your system, it's not as simple as you think it is as I've tried to explain but you won't listen. And to make matters worse you don't know anything about the situation of any of the clubs on the ground, I do, I live here. It's not arrogance to say that. I don't even reply to the morons on TRL, that forum is a cesspool, but most of the people you are using to back you up are about as credible and sensible as the poster "Albert Rosenfeld" on here.

I didn't say Bradford "deserved" to be there, I said the other clubs have no right to be there either, they have no reason to feel slighted by not being promoted to a league that they didn't earn promotion to. If it was two months ago I would've been arguing for Bradford to start in League 1, I've said this a bunch of times already but you keep ignoring it. And I've explained to you why this is a better outcome a month before the start of the season, because this outcome means disruption for only one club and not 27 others. If the new Bradford have a rough season and get relegated then that's on them, it doesn't f**k up the plans of everyone else, and if they get relegated then that's a natural outcome instead of just artificially jamming teams in a division where they don't belong weeks before the start of the season, massively exacerbating the problem and screwing things up for pretty much everybody. As I've tried to explain but you've discounted all of this in favour of some ranting and raving nonsense as usual. You seem to have some big issue with the fact that the RFL own the ground, which I don't think really has anything to do with anything. It's about making sure that the players, officials and fans of 27 other clubs don't get needlessly messed about and destabilized because one club couldn't manage themselves properly.

roughyedspud

Coach
Did the rfl ask any of them before deciding to put a new club in the ground they own? That one can be answered. No. They conveniently decided "rugby league needs a team in Bradford". Ie, they need a team in the delapidated old ground they bought to save the old Bradford (fail). Yeah but they know what they're doing. That money could run the Welsh RL for years or run grassroots comps or pay for development officers all over the country, but nah.

RL chairman aren't shy in spouting out opinions! If they felt their club should have replaced bradford they wouldhave said so and you know it!

Oh yeah? This is what you said.

Why should they? They haven't done anything to earn promotion, they have no more right to be in the league than Bradford, arguably a lot less since at least the original Bradford club which they will be taking over from belonged there. Most RL fans in both hemispheres are brainless idiots.

So league 1 clubs have LESS right to be there than a Bradford club that doesn't yet exist.

And you have the audacity to call other idiots.

Go on TRL and say these things. And don't forget the call the majority of fans idiots for not agreeing with your nonsense.

roughyedspud

Coach
Oh yeah? This is what you said.

So league 1 clubs have LESS right to be there than a Bradford club that doesn't yet exist.

And you have the audacity to call other idiots.

Go on TRL and say these things. And don't forget the call the majority of fans idiots for not agreeing with your nonsense.

Its not about agreeing with it you tit..its about understanding why!!

We all agree bradford should have been sent to league one!

But,as ive said a dozen times,the season starts in 4 weeks time !!

So therefore let's start a new club, because that's much easier than offering an existing club promotion. Not only will we automatically promote this new club and ignore existing clubs but we'll give the new club more cash than the league 1 clubs just to make it even more fair. And it had nothing to do with us owning the tip of a ground we've cut grassroots funding to buy.

roughyedspud

Coach
It is easier than promoting a existing club at one months notice..YES!

At the moment whether bradford start the season or not its only effecting the championship...you want to disrupt league one too!!

If a league 1 club went up and Bradford started in league 1 it wouldn't disrupt two comps at all.

And would be fair.

But it wouldn't fit the rfl's conflicted priorities. Fairness and common sense goes out the window when a badly run organisation gives itself financial conflicts of interest and makes bad decisions after bad decisions.

Evil Homer

Staff member
If a league 1 club went up and Bradford started in league 1 it wouldn't disrupt two comps at all.

And would be fair.

But it wouldn't fit the rfl's conflicted priorities. Fairness and common sense goes out the window when a badly run organisation gives itself financial conflicts of interest and makes bad decisions after bad decisions.
How is there a financial conflict of interest? What the hell are you talking about?

How is there a financial conflict of interest? What the hell are you talking about?
And you call everyone else idiots and say we can't possibly understand the highly complicated p and r system because of our nationality but you don't see how the rfl has a financial interest in this decision that might explain why it is so unfair and so inconsistent. You must be in the "majority of RL fans" you're so keen to slander.

Evil Homer

Staff member
And you call everyone else idiots and say we can't possibly understand the highly complicated p and r system because of our nationality but you don't see how the rfl has a financial interest in this decision that might explain why it is so unfair and so inconsistent. You must be in the "majority of RL fans" you're so keen to slander.
LMAO, what are you talking about? They own the stadium, not the club. Whatever division Bradford are in doesn't make any difference to them financially. You're just making stuff up.