What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brands You Hate

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Which brands do you consider to be overrated, overhyped and overpriced?

Those brands that cost too much for their performance and quality, most of their price being taken up by advertising costs. Those brands that hire dopey celebrities to say how great they are, only because they're getting paid to do so. Probably have no idea about the product whatsoever.

Here are my first three.

Bose.

Reebok.

Oakley.

Anything with Halal on it, why am I paying for a religious tax when i am not even affiliated with... their should be products with and without halal for consumers choice.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anything with Halal on it, why am I paying for a religious tax when i am not even affiliated with... their should be products with and without halal for consumers choice.
Are Australian consumers who purchase halal certified goods paying a “Islamic” religious tax?

Consumers should be made aware that statements such as these are sensationalist rumours designed to incite fear amongst Australian consumers. Such statements are misleading and unequivocally incorrect.

Halal Australia has no power to enforce any tax, religious or otherwise, on the citizens of Australia under any circumstances. Companies that seek halal certification pay a flat fee that covers the cost of site accreditation and product certification and periodic audits as needed. These fees are in line with those that companies pay to have other elements of their business certified and audited each year to help meet the requirements of other dietary needs, such as organic, vegetarian and kosher, or to ensure compliance from a quality assurance (QMS) and food safety (HACCP) point of view. To the best of our knowledge, the fees paid by companies to have their products certified are not carried over to the consumer.

http://www.halal-australia.com.au/clarifying-misconceptions-about-halal/

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Ikea.

French car manufacturers - Peugeot (Poo Joe), Renault and Citroen (Shit Rone). Come to think of it, anything French.

And the grand daddy of all shit brands, Harley-Davidson AKA Hardly-Driveable.. Ridden by middle aged children who want to be wannabees but failed.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Lamborghini
Ferrarri.

Even if I was a multi-millionaire, I couldn't justify spending as much on a car as someone would on a small apartment, pay thousands of dollars for servicing and running costs only to have it last 100,000kms.

deluded pom?

Coach
Any clothing brand who triple their prices and add another ten dollars just because the item has a silly little logo on the chest. Said item probably costs about two dollars to produce in some Far East sweat shop.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Lamborghini
Ferrarri.

Even if I was a multi-millionaire, I couldn't justify spending as much on a car as someone would on a small apartment, pay thousands of dollars for servicing and running costs only to have it last 100,000kms.
Those two brands, along with Porsche, are the pinnacle of sports/supercars and perform accordingly.

You can have your German versions of Holden and Ford.....BMW and Mercedes.