What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bravo Peter Beattie

Xcalibre

Juniors
Brett trumps Beattie...

I know people that say weird shit like that. Could be just alcohol and brainlessness. Could be worse. Maybe he's no longer in the limelight, his life seems hopeless and he's turned to drugs? Who knows but it looks like he could use a friend. The problem with these types is one of their things is to put shit on others which rules out most people wanting to be friendly.

A guy I knew for years was like this all because of depression and self-medicating with alcohol and drugs. It started when his missus left and stopped him from seeing his kids. He spiralled out of control and self-destructed. Became homeless and ultimately did some time which straightened him out. He was lucky because he was heading for the grave.

Hopefully someone that knows Brett can give him some support.

unforgiven

Bench
Brett trumps Beattie...

I know people that say weird shit like that. Could be just alcohol and brainlessness. Could be worse. Maybe he's no longer in the limelight, his life seems hopeless and he's turned to drugs? Who knows but it looks like he could use a friend. The problem with these types is one of their things is to put shit on others which rules out most people wanting to be friendly.

A guy I knew for years was like this all because of depression and self-medicating with alcohol and drugs. It started when his missus left and stopped him from seeing his kids. He spiralled out of control and self-destructed. Became homeless and ultimately did some time which straightened him out. He was lucky because he was heading for the grave.

Hopefully someone that knows Brett can give him some support.

By the looks of it, it would be very difficult for the rugby league community to reach out to him because he is pushing them away with his actions at the moment. It is really hard to help someone in this situation because if they do not want to be helped then they lash out at those trying to help.

I'm not trying to sound like an expert here, I am speaking from my personal experience. I had a very public self destructive breakdown that cost me my job, got me in serious financial problems, lost me many friends, put me in serious trouble with the police and has almost cost me my family. I am in the very early stages of rebuilding my life from that experience. I hope he gets the support that he needs but it would need to be a very strong person at the moment.

SBD82

Coach
By the looks of it, it would be very difficult for the rugby league community to reach out to him because he is pushing them away with his actions at the moment. It is really hard to help someone in this situation because if they do not want to be helped then they lash out at those trying to help.

I'm not trying to sound like an expert here, I am speaking from my personal experience. I had a very public self destructive breakdown that cost me my job, got me in serious financial problems, lost me many friends, put me in serious trouble with the police and has almost cost me my family. I am in the very early stages of rebuilding my life from that experience. I hope he gets the support that he needs but it would need to be a very strong person at the moment.
Good luck with it mate. Hope your username turns out to be absolutely untrue.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Thanks mate, its funny I came up with that username in 2004, never knew how apt it would turn out to be. I'll be ok, I am seeking help for my vices and ready to accept the consequences for my actions.
Best of luck with the next steps mate.

Username coincidence developed for me as well when surgery made it necessary to cut the nerves in my left shoulder that left my shoulder and neck permanently numb. The border of numbness is strangely extra sensitive though.

unforgiven

Bench
Best of luck with the next steps mate.

Username coincidence developed for me as well when surgery made it necessary to cut the nerves in my left shoulder that left my shoulder and neck permanently numb. The border of numbness is strangely extra sensitive though.

Thanks mate. I'll get there, taking positive steps now for the first time in 4 and a half years. Sorry to hear about the nerve damage.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
in your dreams

Jeez, you could cut the sexual tension with a knife

tenor.gif

Xcalibre

Juniors

Your story sounds very much like the guy I was referring to. He had a few good mates that visited him in gaol, sent him money etc. because they had faith he'd turn it around, and simply because they were good mates, even though he said a few nasty things.

Surely Dallas would have those sort of mates from playing footy but he may have burned too many bridges. Who knows.

Another thing that could be a factor is boredom. From the stuff I've seen on Dallas's ig, he doesn't work and as the saying goes, "idle hands do the Devils work".

His rant about G.I is the one that really shocked me.

Incorrect

Coach
I don't have Instagram or Twitter... When I look at Twitter exchanges I sometimes have trouble working out what who is trying to say what to who.... Brett Dallas' twitter is a whole new level of confusion for me...

Reactions: Vee

Latest posts