What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breach tops a million

Keysee

Juniors
And an extra question, for every new player implicated and therefore every new fraudulent contract lodged with the NRL, does any one think that Brian Waldron will ever be released from jail? I hope he gets life for each and every contract ... served one after the other.

Keysee

Juniors
Steve Mascord has mentiobed it

why would Burraston lie on national TV?

if he did, then why has the NRL not refuted it?

you just don't want it to be true

No, I just the final number to be found ASAP. I want the people found to have caused this to be nailed ASAP. I want the last penalty to be announced by Gallop ASAP. I want the list cut to what it needs to be ASAP. I want to know what next year and more holds for all of us supporters ASAP. I want a future because each new case creates new uncertainty.

chrisD

Coach
It doesn't take a Storm fan in denial or a Tin foil hatter to find the non-reporting of this matter pretty strange.

Keysee

Juniors
i'm sure the final number will come out when the investigation has concluded

What is now a hard point to swallow as the number rises, is the complicity of the players. When the number was $100k for each of 06 & 07, we thought what a joke to lose a premiership for basically nothing. $400k for each of 08 & 09 no complaints about the penalty. Originally $700 for this year, this is getting silly, time to really clear shop.
We have had Cameron come out and say that the players knew nothing as it was only $50-100K per senior person and we dont know what other players were on. Sounded fair as I have never known what my co-workers were paid, let alone total salary in a room of 35 people.
But now, if the number is $1.3M (or higher), there needs to be personal penalties against players, they must have known. The number for 2011 was rumoured to be $900K, what could it actually be?
The question for the NRL is not what club will these players will be at next year, but will they be de-registered.
I now understand why other supporters are so angry as this has fully undermined the salary cap for the NRL and the ease for bypassing. This also explains why the Hayne, Thurston, etc are so strong about higher salaries especially if the Storm players ever joked through SOO or tests about what they were on.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
No, I just the final number to be found ASAP. I want the people found to have caused this to be nailed ASAP. I want the last penalty to be announced by Gallop ASAP. I want the list cut to what it needs to be ASAP. I want to know what next year and more holds for all of us supporters ASAP. I want a future because each new case creates new uncertainty.
I am with you on this, but it will take sometime and its just a waiting game at the moment and it is stressful.

Keysee

Juniors
It doesn't take a Storm fan in denial or a Tin foil hatter to find the non-reporting of this matter pretty strange.

You know why a lot of forums dont work .. it is because they are filled with anonymous sh*t stirrers with nothing to add, but think they are funny.
No, current Storm fans werent necessarily born into a house filled with NRL, but does that mean we cannot learn about the game and the passion.
Sorry, I live in Melbourne and dont read every Sydney paper. Sorry, the NRL footy show is on after midnight and I only watch is a few times a year. You obviously are one of those who believe the NRL stands for Sydney Rugby League.

chrisD

Coach
You know why a lot of forums dont work .. it is because they are filled with anonymous sh*t stirrers with nothing to add, but think they are funny.
No, current Storm fans werent necessarily born into a house filled with NRL, but does that mean we cannot learn about the game and the passion.
Sorry, I live in Melbourne and dont read every Sydney paper. Sorry, the NRL footy show is on after midnight and I only watch is a few times a year. You obviously are one of those who believe the NRL stands for Sydney Rugby League.

There was nothing humorous about my post, it was a serious post in reply to the person above you, you're just a spastic who doesn't understand when someone is agreeing with you.

Keysee

Juniors
There was nothing humorous about my post, it was a serious post in reply to the person above you, you're just a spastic who doesn't understand when someone is agreeing with you.

Sorry, when you told me I am in denial, and now you call me a spastic, I should have known you were agreeing with me. Silly me. We in Melbourne really have a different set of values.

chrisD

Coach
Sorry, when you told me I am in denial, and now you call me a spastic, I should have known you were agreeing with me. Silly me. We in Melbourne really have a different set of values.

You didn't misunderstood what I wrote (still do) and attacked me, it's cool, I don't mind, let's just sh*tting up the thread about it.

Lowdown

Juniors
If I close my eyes...I can imagine life in Salem during the Witch buring...

Hysteria is laughable on this site. It is like fuel to the moron flame.

The investigation has not yet finished...and I dare say, the mickey mouse investigation needs to be followed by a proper one once Waldron puts forward his powder keg.

gronkathon

First Grade
:lol: The investigation is nowhere near finished. I am sure there is alot more evidence still to be pieced together.

It makes me think that perhaps Mr. Waldron should speak soon as I doubt any allegations against other clubs would be considered relevant evidence for the defence when he goes to trial

stormbati

Bench
So much speculation. Some bloke by the name of The Phantom Siren called up SKYsports big sports breakfast and said Folau had definately signed with AFL for 2 mill a season or 2 mill over 2 seasons and 2 other clubs are going to be reported for salary cap rorting.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Steve Mascourd just reported on FOX,that the full extent of the breach is unknown,but it has now hit 1.3 million for season 2010,and that justifies the NRL's hard line stance on no points this year.
Because even if they shed players,which now is inevitable,there could be more rorts uncovered later on,meaning they could shed players to get under,but more rorts could be uncovered meaning they are back over again.

breaking news: Melbourne Storm cut players to get under the cap so that they can play for points. Had to replace replace cut players with minimum contract scrubs sourced from other clubs.

New Storm lineup for next weekend:

01. Nathan Stapleton
02. Anthony Quinn
03. Dean Collis
04. Ben Pomeroy
05. Taulima Tautai
06. Tim Smith
07. Brett Finch (c)
08. Brett White
09. John Morris
10. Ryan Tandy
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Grant Millington
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Jayson Bukuya
15. Hep Cahill
16. Jessie Bromwich
17. Paul Aiton

S.R.

Juniors
New Storm lineup for next weekend:

01. Nathan Stapleton
02. Anthony Quinn
03. Dean Collis
04. Ben Pomeroy
05. Taulima Tautai
06. Tim Smith
07. Brett Finch (c)
08. Brett White
09. John Morris
10. Ryan Tandy
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Grant Millington
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Jayson Bukuya
15. Hep Cahill
16. Jessie Bromwich
17. Paul Aiton

As long as the Sharks get Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith, Tolman and Hoffman to make up for losing their "stars"!!!!