What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break out star for 2018?

Curns13

Juniors
Not one person has been able to tell me why Murray is going to be special. The closest anyone got to pin pointing a skill is his athleticism. I’m not suggesting he won’t be great or that you guys are over rating him, he has the best pedigree of any Rabbitohs jnr in recent memory. Its just interesting that everyone thinks he’s going to be awesome, but there isn’t a really easy to identify reason why. I’m excited. I can’t wait to watch him grow over the next couple of years.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I havent seen much 20s or Bears games. What should I expect from Murray? I know he is a junior Kangaroo captain and NSW19s captain. From the 9 games I saw he is a tackling machine with a huge heart, but what will he provide in attack? What player is he similar to? He’s not a Gallen or Taumalolo type lock and he didnt seem to ball play like Fittler or Anasta when they played there. Is he like a Hindmarsh? He isn’t the biggest bloke either.

What can I expect?

Imagine Issac Luke without the disciplinary issues.

Fast on his feet, great vision, powerful for his size.

Very good football brain

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Good wingers are fine. How much do you reckon Addo Carr is on? Or Feldt or Winterstein? How much was Lote on? Or Feki? You don’t pay big money for wingers.

You do pay good money for 2nd rowers. Luke Lewis in the past, Gillett, Graham, Frizell, Cordner, Harris, Procter, Papalli. All those guys are (or have been) getting paid more than 500k. He isn’t on that level yet, but I believe he will be in 2 years. If we want him here at that time, we will need to pay him in 2019.

Radradra was, Holmes is on bigger money than Gagai and they are wingers? Really? Feldt, Feki and Winterstein are your comparisons to Gagai? The logic is just ridiculous here. Storm have always been much better at turning cheap players into stars so I'll give you Addo Carr.

Exactly.. they're on 500k. They're proven stars. Yet let's throw 800k at someone who has had 1 good year.

Curns13

Juniors
Radradra was, Holmes is on bigger money than Gagai and they are wingers? Really? Feldt, Feki and Winterstein are your comparisons to Gagai? The logic is just ridiculous here. Storm have always been much better at turning cheap players into stars so I'll give you Addo Carr.

Exactly.. they're on 500k. They're proven stars. Yet let's throw 800k at someone who has had 1 good year.
How many gf’s did Semi win? Holmes is a fullback and is paid like one. You said you need good wingers to win gf’s. I just gave you Feldt, Feki and Winterstein who are all good wingers, who all won comps and who aren’t getting paid big money. You made a statement, i refuted it. Not sure what your problem is.

Those guys are on more than 500k and will definitely be closer to 800k the next time they get paid. They are not on 500k and Angus will not sign anywhere for 500k. Your argument has no legs.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm excited to see our backline's improvement over last season's.

Guys like Jennings, Graham, Burns, and Talakai are a year older and Kennar and Arthars will put heaps of pressure on them. Of course there's Gagai who could be a real star for us too. So exciting about the possibilities.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Holmes played all 20 of his club games at fullback in 2017.

There you go, ignoring facts that don't fit your narrative again

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How many gf’s did Semi win? Holmes is a fullback and is paid like one. You said you need good wingers to win gf’s. I just gave you Feldt, Feki and Winterstein who are all good wingers, who all won comps and who aren’t getting paid big money. You made a statement, i refuted it. Not sure what your problem is.

Those guys are on more than 500k and will definitely be closer to 800k the next time they get paid. They are not on 500k and Angus will not sign anywhere for 500k. Your argument has no legs.

My original argument was that wingers can get paid good money though. Besides how many centres do you have on 650k a year either? No matter where he plays he's overpaid.

I'm done with the Angus argument it's actually going no where but around in circles sorry for bringing it up.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Holmes played all 20 of his club games at fullback in 2017.

There you go, ignoring facts that don't fit your narrative again

LOL you're the biggest hypocrite ever. The other day you were saying Sam is a second rower on 800k because that's where he'll play this year and now I say Holmes is an overpaid winger because he's most likely playing on the wing this year and IM ignoring the facts. This just gets better and better.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
LOL you're the biggest hypocrite ever. The other day you were saying Sam is a second rower on 800k because that's where he'll play this year and now I say Holmes is an overpaid winger because he's most likely playing on the wing this year and IM ignoring the facts. This just gets better and better.
I said Sam was most likely playing second row because the coach came out and said he thinks Sam is most effective on the fringe of the ruck.

You're trying to use a guy who was re-signed on a better deal in February of this year, then played this entire year as a fullback as your example of a highly paid winger.

Total false equivalency

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm excited to see our backline's improvement over last season's.

Guys like Jennings, Graham, Burns, and Talakai are a year older and Kennar and Arthars will put heaps of pressure on them. Of course there's Gagai who could be a real star for us too. So exciting about the possibilities.
I'm sorry but Talakai should be nowhere near the backline....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I said Sam was most likely playing second row because the coach came out and said he thinks Sam is most effective on the fringe of the ruck.

You're trying to use a guy who was re-signed on a better deal in February of this year, then played this entire year as a fullback as your example of a highly paid winger.

Total false equivalency

Okay... if that helps you sleep at night. Doesn't really sound that different at all tbh. Sam was signed on lock money and is being shifted to second row. Holmes was signed on fullback money and is being shifted to the wing for Moylan/Dugan.

Curns13

Juniors
My original argument was that wingers can get paid good money though. Besides how many centres do you have on 650k a year either? No matter where he plays he's overpaid.

I'm done with the Angus argument it's actually going no where but around in circles sorry for bringing it up.
Wingers can get paid good money, but its money wasted. Good clubs make best use of young guys and journeymen on the wing. If Gagai plays centre and with Semi overseas, I don’t think there would be a winger on more than 500k in the whole comp. I could be wrong, but there won’t be many.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The 2 young front rowers will get their chance before anyone else. Depth is poor in those departments and with all the experienced backs in the squad not many young blokes will get a chance.
Doueihi is not a half, may turn out to be a centre but lacks pace and defence needs work. If the top 17 don't perform and your bloody more than 3 new blokes, 12th will be the best position on the ladder.
If our top 17 don't perform then yep we are f**ked....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Okay... if that helps you sleep at night. Doesn't really sound that different at all tbh. Sam was signed on lock money and is being shifted to second row. Holmes was signed on fullback money and is being shifted to the wing for Moylan/Dugan.
Based on what? Your assumption?

You don't know that Holmes will be moved, but you'll pretend you do if it helps your argument.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll repeat myself once more.... moving Sam to second row is sheer stupidity.....

Sam must be in the middle and we are short on experience there...

Seibs will dig his grave if he goes through with bad calls like that....

rabbitohs95

Bench
My personal backline:

1. AJ 2. Gagai 3. Hunt 4. GI 5. Jennings

What I'm expecting

1. GI 2. AJ 3. Jennings 4. Gagai 5. Hunt/Graham/Burns/Kennar

Rabbits20

Immortal
My personal backline:

1. AJ 2. Gagai 3. Hunt 4. GI 5. Jennings

What I'm expecting

1. GI 2. AJ 3. Jennings 4. Gagai 5. Hunt/Graham/Burns/Kennar
I expect:

GI
AJ (left wing)
Jennings (left centre)
Gagai (right centre)
Hunt (right wing)

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I'd like to see

1 Inglis
2 Jennings (left)
3 Gagai
4 Hunt (left)
5 Johnston

Have Hunt/Jennings, two strong bodies on the left with Walker so they can follow him to the line, run straight and hard and play off the back off his skill.

Then have Gagai/Johnston on the right with Crichton. Dane and Angus won't need as much help sparking opportunities, so Reynolds can just focus on getting them early, clean ball and kicking for AJ on the right wing.

Latest posts