What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Break out star for 2018?

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't think he's a dickhead mate. It just makes him sound like one when he's trying to shut down opinions he doesn't like based off nothing but his own opinion.
Tracey has had 2 knee reconstructions............. the guy is fourth in line tbh........

Richo already rates Doueihi so highly.....

In fact I predict Tracey and Cody will go.........

Our halves for 2019 will be AR and Doueihi........

Unless Angus goes and we throw lots at Cody

Rabbits20

Immortal
You can disagree with things like an adult though. Nothing wrong with arguing your point.

But trying to shut down any ideas you don't agree with when you can't argue their point is just insecure and childish.
It's obvious who you are......

I'm not silly......

You've given yourself up....

Well played though thus far.....

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think a lot of people might are forgetting the possibility of Burns or Graham taking a centre spot. I think it would be good to see what they're capable of doing in their preferred positions as opposed to the wing.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I think a lot of people might are forgetting the possibility of Burns or Graham taking a centre spot. I think it would be good to see what they're capable of doing in their preferred positions as opposed to the wing.

The way I see it our best wingers are Gagai and AJ. Whether or not we decide to play them there is up to the coach but I think Fuimaono and Hunt are also our best centre options. Unless Graham and Burns have killer preseasons then I don't think they're established enough to oust Hunt out of first grade. I'm happy to eat my words though I really am. I would love nothing more than for Burns or graham to absolutely burn everybody.

On a side note the main reason I think Fuimaono will play centre is because the coach has said Sam Burgess will play second row. Sutton, Surgess and Crichton all can play 80 minutes. There's very little minutes in the second row for Fuimaono thus I think he will be a centre for 2018.

Travitoh

First Grade
The way I see it our best wingers are Gagai and AJ. Whether or not we decide to play them there is up to the coach but I think Fuimaono and Hunt are also our best centre options. Unless Graham and Burns have killer preseasons then I don't think they're established enough to oust Hunt out of first grade. I'm happy to eat my words though I really am. I would love nothing more than for Burns or graham to absolutely burn everybody.

On a side note the main reason I think Fuimaono will play centre is because the coach has said Sam Burgess will play second row. Sutton, Surgess and Crichton all can play 80 minutes. There's very little minutes in the second row for Fuimaono thus I think he will be a centre for 2018.

How good would a back 3 of GI, AJ and Gagai be!
I'm not entirely certain that Hunt will be considered a walk up start by Seibold.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How good would a back 3 of GI, AJ and Gagai be!
I'm not entirely certain that Hunt will be considered a walk up start by Seibold.

It would be the best back 3 in the league I'm almost certain of that.

I agree. There were rumours that Seibold tried to offload hunt earlier in the off season. However I haven't seen enough from the other guys to say they're better than Hunt.

Travitoh

First Grade
It would be the best back 3 in the league I'm certain.

I agree. There were rumours that Seibold tried to offload hunt earlier in the off season. However I haven't seen enough from the other guys to say they're better than Hunt.

Only the Storm have a better back 3 imo.

That's fair but at the same time, i would say that Hunt hasn't shown enough to suggest he deserves first crack ahead of our young talent.
Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but his position in the side is up for grabs to the player who performs best in preseason and grabs it with both hands.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Only the Storm have a better back 3 imo.

That's fair but at the same time, i would say that Hunt hasn't shown enough to suggest he deserves first crack ahead of our young talent.
Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but his position in the side is up for grabs to the player who performs best in preseason and grabs it with both hands.

Yeah that's also true that's why I'm happy to eat my words. I genuinely hope one or two of these younger kids just has a massive breakout season. They've all got the talent and ability that's for sure.

Thadius

Juniors
If Gagai is shunted to the wing when we are craving a decent centre in the joint, then Seibold and Richardson should walk...and fast.

burgibigbash

Juniors
If Gagai is shunted to the wing when we are craving a decent centre in the joint, then Seibold and Richardson should walk...and fast.
We have the Worlds best and one of the greatest ever centres but he wants to play fullback.

If we want to move forward and be a challenger we need GI in the centres nice and fresh not getting smashed bringing it back from fullback all night.

It was great while it lasted , but with AJ ready and GIs knees the way they are his fullback days should be over.

doyen

Bench
We have the Worlds best and one of the greatest ever centres but he wants to play fullback.

If we want to move forward and be a challenger we need GI in the centres nice and fresh not getting smashed bringing it back from fullback all night.

It was great while it lasted , but with AJ ready and GIs knees the way they are his fullback days should be over.

GI is a far better defensive FB than AJ---this is where Sths need to improve for 2018---DEFENCE!!

AJ is also close to the best wing finisher in the league!!

Thadius

Juniors

GI will be fullback period. It means absolute 'jack' that he is the worlds best centre, because he wants to play fullback and once again he will be lethal there.

Gagai is automatic for one centre hole, he wants that position as well and that is why we purchased him to fill a massive void.

That means we need to find another decent centre and Hunt is not by any stretch a decent centre.

burgibigbash

Juniors
GI will be fullback period. It means absolute 'jack' that he is the worlds best centre, because he wants to play fullback and once again he will be lethal there.

Gagai is automatic for one centre hole, he wants that position as well and that is why we purchased him to fill a massive void.

That means we need to find another decent centre and Hunt is not by any stretch a decent centre.
Well if the players are dictating where they are going to play then we might as well sack Tony and let GI be captain coach.

GI hasn't been lethal at fullback for a couple of years. He has had some good moments , but he's not the barnstorming fullback that he was in 2014.
Gagai will be centre , but if he defends like he did last year in that position he will find himself on the wing sooner rather than later. He's a great winger and a good centre.

burgibigbash

Juniors
GI is a far better defensive FB than AJ---this is where Sths need to improve for 2018---DEFENCE!!

AJ is also close to the best wing finisher in the league!!
With GI defending at centre it automatically makes us strong in a position we have been weak in. Johnston IMO is a better positional fullback is safer under the high ball has electrifying pace that is better utilised through the middle with GIs Strength and passing game desperately needed in the frontline.
His presence in defence and his ability to turn something out of nothing through pure size and strength is the best in the game at centre.

I think he's the best centre by a country mile in the world, but I don't think he is the best fullback.

Johnston made some great tackles one on one with players in the clear and also chased down some blokes that no other player in the game would have and had the strength to bring the player on the fly down.

Johnston also brings the ball back in solid fashion these days and rarely gets man handled.
Johnston suits the modern day fullback with his pace good passing game and ability to attract attention of more than one defender because of his speed .

Now is the time. Not 2019 or when GI retires, but now.

Thadius

Juniors
Well if the players are dictating where they are going to play then we might as well sack Tony and let GI be captain coach.

GI hasn't been lethal at fullback for a couple of years. He has had some good moments , but he's not the barnstorming fullback that he was in 2014.
Gagai will be centre , but if he defends like he did last year in that position he will find himself on the wing sooner rather than later. He's a great winger and a good centre.

Inglis has tremendous clout in the joint and is also the Captain, they won't piss him off.

He didn't play this year bar a genuine opening 10mins. With his personal issues and bung knees apparently addressed in 2017, I am confident he will return our star fullback and rip and tear like he used to.

Gagai was purchased to play centre and has been told that is the case. Bung him out on the wing and run park footballers like Hunt and Talakai inside him, expect to be in the cellar with the Tits & Tigs.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Inglis has tremendous clout in the joint and is also the Captain, they won't piss him off.

He didn't play this year bar a genuine opening 10mins. With his personal issues and bung knees apparently addressed in 2017, I am confident he will return our star fullback and rip and tear like he used to.

Gagai was purchased to play centre and has been told that is the case. Bung him out on the wing and run park footballers like Hunt and Talakai inside him, expect to be in the cellar with the Tits & Tigs.

The thing that really tells me Gagai is a winger is that throughout his whole rep career even through injuries and playing weak teams the coaches havent even considered moving him from the wing. It's because good coaches know he can be just as much if not more of a threat on the wing than at centre. Its the same case with valentine holmes being moved back to wing. Some players are just that good at wing that they make it look like an important position. Just my 2 cents. However I know the coach will probably play him at centre which I think could be a mistake.

Last edited:

Latest posts