What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

Marie also knows jesse was working with hank, very likely she's already told police about that.

Couple it with him being held against his will and he's likely not in too much trouble.

Re: the machine gun Danish, thats why they made it an M60. Not totally believable but its no ordinary machine gun

some11

Referee
Not sure about that

1. After all that has happened I doubt he could ever "normal" again

The way I interpreted his laughing and yell in the car was that it was one of mania, the look in his eyes says it all really.

On Talking Bad when they asked him where Jesse was going he didn't even mention Brock until the presenter brought it up.

Springs

First Grade
Yes, Jesse did nothing at all to put himself in that position. :roll: We get it you hate Walt.

Yeah you're right, working with the DEA to put away the person who has destroyed yours and other's lives definitely deserves the punishment of being a tortured slave to a bunch of psycho neo nazis. :roll:

Danish

Referee
Re: the machine gun Danish, thats why they made it an M60. Not totally believable but its no ordinary machine gun

Oh absolutely. They didn't f**k around with the selection, just obviously someone would have hit the deck or at least not been instantly dead. I don't care though, as it was just a great set up.

Same with the car keys in the sun visor trope in the opening scene. Couldn't care less that its one of the most overused gags in cinema and TV shows, it fit perfectly and gave me a great chuckle when it happened.

Springs

First Grade
I can't think of a better finale to a show. Honestly I can't even think of anything that comes close.

Yes some people may say why didn't they check the boot, but lets not forget the entire time that Walt was there, they thought they were in complete control. They assumed Walt was desperate, and whatsmore when they saw him cry for Hank they thought he was weak. Their only worry was perhaps he'd rat them out, never that he'd attempt to kill them. They were amateur gangland trash and got their just desserts in the end.

Jesse choking out Todd was also bloody brilliant, and Lydia copping the ricin was perfect. Having to contemplate her own death for hours after threatening Walt's baby daughter was a fitting end for her.

I honestly don't know how any show is going to top Breaking Bad. From the first to last episode everything was just so well scripted and thought out. Not once in the whole series did I stop and think they are just making this up as they go along, or that they'd lost track of who the characters were. All the characters were completely broken by the last season, but they were all still themselves.

Just a great show. Think I'll start watching again from the start just to absorb it all again

And don't forget Lydia wanted Todd to kill Walt's family not just threaten them.

The way I interpreted his laughing and yell in the car was that it was one of mania, the look in his eyes says it all really.

On Talking Bad when they asked him where Jesse was going he didn't even mention Brock until the presenter brought it up.

That's why Aaron Paul is an actor, not a writer.

firechild

First Grade
Oh absolutely. They didn't f**k around with the selection, just obviously someone would have hit the deck or at least not been instantly dead. I don't care though, as it was just a great set up.

Todd hit the deck and his uncle wasn't instantly dead. So yeah, they covered both those possible scenarios.

Danish

Referee
Todd hit the deck and his uncle wasn't instantly dead. So yeah, they covered both those possible scenarios.

Todd was already on the deck trying to pull Jesse and Walt apart.

As I said I don't care how realistic the scene was really, for the sake of the story that machine gun equated to guaranteed death to anyone standing up when Walt hit that button. Thats why they wrote in Todd jumping on top of them before the button was pushed to make it clear that he would survive.

The uncle living just long enough to get his head blown off was great too. He was pleading for his life - so a coward in the face of death, unlike Hank - and was also still underestimating Walt in assuming that he knew what he was after and trying to use the money as a bargaining chip.

Springs

First Grade
Todd was already on the deck trying to pull Jesse and Walt apart.

As I said I don't care how realistic the scene was really, for the sake of the story that machine gun equated to guaranteed death to anyone standing up when Walt hit that button. Thats why they wrote in Todd jumping on top of them before the button was pushed to make it clear that he would survive.

The uncle living just long enough to get his head blown off was great too. He was pleading for his life - so a coward in the face of death, unlike Hank - and was also still underestimating Walt in assuming that he knew what he was after and trying to use the money as a bargaining chip.

It also showed that Walt didn't care about money like he used to. He cared more about making things right for his family and Jesse, and that included avenging Hank.

All in all I think Ozymandias was the climax of the show, the last two episodes showing the broken lives of everyone affected by Walt's actions and Walt's efforts to make things right the best he could. The last episode was like a giant apology to his family and Jesse.
Walt and Jesse's last look was like a recognition of everything they've been through together and was more powerful than anything that could have been said.

gronkathon

First Grade
Breaking Bad should have ended with Walt escaping to suburban America, assuming the name of Hal and kick starting Malcolm In The Middle

Cartman

Juniors
Great show, loved every minute of it. Refreshing to see a show well written from start to finish, not dragged out for extra pointless seasons in an attempt to wring every last dollar out of it.

Sad that it is over though.

HowHigh

Coach
1385803_10151911559582517_1866304427_n.jpg

Was the ending all just Walt's fantasy?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/was-the-breaking-bad-finale-all-just-a-fantasy-in-walter-whi?bffb

Interesting take. I never got how he was able to get the ricin in to Lydia's drink But it wasn't fantasy at all. Nothing has happened in the series that would indicate there was even a possibility that they would go down a Christopher Nolan type of ending and besides he didn't die in his car which blows his whole thing out of the water imo

The other thing for me is that the ending was substantially good enough to not even bother with a conspiracy theory unlike Mass Effect 3. I watched the ending twice and I am pretty satisfied. I really think the finale should have been 2 hours long though.

The only possible explanation for the ricin is that walt knows exactly what table Lydia is going to sit at.

Thats why they establish that she's a creature of habit during the scene.( still a bit of a leap)

It cant possibly be a switch of the sweetner packets as Lydia keeps hold of it throughout the scene.

-----------

Also the major problem with the theory in the link above is the flash forwards we've seen. A flash forward of a fantasy is totally out of character for the show. The show remember has used flashbacks on quite a number of occasions , a flash forward fits in well with that narrative.

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
There is no doubt there are a few big leaps in the series, most notably around the ricin but you kinda just go with it.

Danish

Referee
Why do we assume that the ricin was actually in the sweetener packet?

I just assumed Walt dumped it in there using old magician's tricks. He faked a coughing fit, conveniently hunching over the table while doing so. The fit put off both Lydia and Todd, to the point that they are both specifically shown turning their heads away in pity/disgust. THAT is when Walt slipped the ricin into her drink.

Much more likely than expecting Walt to find a sweetener packet, open it, add the ricin, then reseal it

bileduct

Coach
Why do we assume that the ricin was actually in the sweetener packet?

I just assumed Walt dumped it in there using old magician's tricks. He faked a coughing fit, conveniently hunching over the table while doing so. The fit put off both Lydia and Todd, to the point that they are both specifically shown turning their heads away in pity/disgust. THAT is when Walt slipped the ricin into her drink.

Much more likely than expecting Walt to find a sweetener packet, open it, add the ricin, then reseal it
Walt was in the diner before Todd showed up, so it's not a great leap to assume he was there before Lydia turned up as well and placed the Stevia packet at the table that Lydia always sits at.

There was only one packet of Stevia left at the table.

The camera shot of the Lydia pouring the Stevia into her cup made it pretty clear the ricin was in there.