What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

some11

Referee
Just finished a speed clear of the entire series. Enjoyable, but quite over-hyped for me. Despite this I did really like the series overall and would watch it again at a slower pace in the future.

Binge watching can effect the natural pacing of a show, I know I definitely enjoy TV shows when I'm waiting out the weeks in between the original run.

Although there are some where its pretty seamless and makes it even more enjoyable.

Tommax25

Bench
The 2nd last episode, if they were going to do another season then this would have been the ideal episode to end season 5.2 on, with a little tweaking of jesse's story (show him escaping and just about to get freedom when getting caught by the nazi's). But we all know that a magical 7th season is off the cards so it's all a moot point.

I hope this Saul spin off come to fruition, I like that character a hell of a lot.
6th

Apey

Staff member
Binge watching can effect the natural pacing of a show, I know I definitely enjoy TV shows when I'm waiting out the weeks in between the original run.

Although there are some where its pretty seamless and makes it even more enjoyable.

That's true, I binged too hard it on probably. Game of Thrones is a show I actually enjoy the time between. Makes each episode feel more epic.

Big Pete

Referee
I did a bit of both with Breaking Bad, binged watched up to Season 5.5 and then waited with everyone else for the rest of the show.

Half the hype this show receives is the wonderful community this show developed. Monday was all about getting home asap, 'acquiring' the episode and once you're through with it, logging onto Reddit to see what parts you may have missed and joining in the speculation.

I don't necessarily protects it from the overrated tag though as it's a show that has it's faults and I've found myself more engrossed with other television shows like The Wire. Still, it's a damn good show that everybody should go out of their way to see.

Xfactor1979

Bench
With regards to Binge Watching: Breaking Bad (during season 2 and 3) was one of the best shows to watch on saturday or sunday afternoons when theres nothing on, and nothing to do

its paced in such a way

The Eagle

Juniors
I watched the first season and a half the the gf had to catch up over a month

I started watching way late,I watched every episode at least a month later and that was only with felina that I watched a month later if not6 to 8 weeks

I had always wanted to watch but missed out early on due to sporting commitments and never caught up

Hanks death was very powerful for me, I hated Hank but more about his personality the anything else, Centre of attention love job who needed his head kicked in, I had to hide tears at his death

As a cancer survivor I understand Walt more than most people, my life was never really in threat but I have to be in front and I'm a lot more strong willed than I was, his intentions starting out to me were pure as his meth, he wanted to provide for his family like any man worth his steak would no matter what

What he descended into was in his view necessary to provide adequately for his family which he succeeded at, his persona overtook his entire person

I'm gutted I've seen it all because like an addict I need more

I want to see the poisonous father/loser son relationship of Walt and Jesse continue, I want to see more of Mike andi want to see Skyler have her face punched in repeatedly because for better or worse Walt wanted his family to have the best he could provide

I want to see the cause of him leaving Grey matter and I......I just want more

Jono078

Referee
GREATEST TV show of ALL TIME!

WOW! I loved it so much. Sad it's all over but what an outstanding series. Quality, quality, quality!

bileduct

Coach
I watched all of season one back to back, and after that it was as they came out.

Work was finished for the day as soon as it was available to download.

Just finished it all.
Glad they are all dead

Probably top 5 tv shows. But I wouldn't put in ahead of The Wire or The Sopranos, purely because by the end I was sick of the carachters.

Anna Gunn does a great job being hateable.

Someone

Bench
dont get the skyler/anna gunn hate to be honest. did people want her to be a emotionless doll? Fantastic acting in the final season i thought.

The Eagle

Juniors
Just finished it all.
Glad they are all dead

Probably top 5 tv shows. But I wouldn't put in ahead of The Wire or The Sopranos, purely because by the end I was sick of the carachters.

Anna Gunn does a great job being hateable.

I could've enjoyed more Heisenburg,too much Walt

The Eagle

Juniors
dont get the skyler/anna gunn hate to be honest. did people want her to be a emotionless doll? Fantastic acting in the final season i thought.

Was a wet blanket for the most part of the show

Riding Walts ass for trying to be a man and provide for his family

beave

Coach
She looked hideous in some seasons and then not too bad in others.

Of late though, she looks f**king amazing! I don't know what she's done but its worked on me.

Springs

First Grade
Was a wet blanket for the most part of the show

Riding Walts ass for trying to be a man and provide for his family

:lol:

The worst thing she did was launder Walt's money, as well as smoking while pregnant.
Still annoying though.

Who cares what she looks like?

beave

Coach
It was an observation for f**ks sake.

Who cares if her character was annoying???

Or smoking through a pregnancy??
:roll:

The Eagle

Juniors
:lol:

The worst thing she did was launder Walt's money, as well as smoking while pregnant.
Still annoying though.

Who cares what she looks like?

Imma whinge non-stop while doing that and give your money to some dickwad whose just as criminal as my criminal husband

Be a cheating whore and smoke while pregnant

My sister isnt allowed to lie to me,but i'll lie to her non stop too because imma hypocritical merkin

She was always that itch in the show you simply couldn't scratch