What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Reid re Ben HuntRhen

Crossbow

Juniors
Just watching fox 502 before the big game tonight.Brent Reid is saying that Ben Hunt has to have a big game,own it or lose his spot.Brent was saying he was poor in game one and if he doesn’t own it he’s out.Good.Bring in Cherry Evans.He really needs to eat some humble pie and just remember they have had the most 5 dominant players in there positions for 12 years and just suck it up a bit being a queer lander.I hope we put 50 on em tonight Ben Hunt gets dropped and we put a100 on them in game 3.Hunt being fresh as a daisy we win the comp and he gets picked for Australia.You are a tosser Brent Reid.

watatank

Coach
Hunt did alright but probably played within himself a bit in Origin 1, probably affected by injury. The outside backs didn't see much quality ball in Origin 1 either. Different story so far.

Belta

Juniors
Hunts poor decision making in key moments on big occasions is becoming a worrying trend. I'd say luckily for us, we have Widdop as a foil, and probably a calming influence. I'm gunna put myself out there and say Hunt will take his Origin performance hard. He will use his disappointment as a motivator tofinish the year off very strong for us.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hunts poor decision making in key moments on big occasions is becoming a worrying trend. I'd say luckily for us, we have Widdop as a foil, and probably a calming influence. I'm gunna put myself out there and say Hunt will take his Origin performance hard. He will use his disappointment as a motivator tofinish the year off very strong for us.
Yep, decision making in the big moments has been a huge factor in this year's series. Previously, QLD had Cronk, Slater & Smith to spark a comeback and/or produce the winning play. With the series lost, I think Ponga could be given a crack to start & possibly Hunt moved to the bench. Barring injury/suspension, DCE won't be in QLD's 17.

Red V for life

Juniors
Agree about Widdop being the foil Hunt needs.

It’ll be a hard few days for him. He has a close relationship with Kevvie Walters and i’m sure Mary and the boys will circle the wagons. I think he should play some time on Thursday and i’m sure he’d be chomping at the bit to do so given his performance last night.

He, like all halves, is on a hiding to nothing, sure the kick on the third tackle didn't come off, if it does he looks like a genius, it didn't so he looks like a fool.
If he does nothing the talking bobble heads all claim he "didn't inject himself into the game".
Big games call for big plays, you have to have a crack, he did.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He'll be back, he's good enough to be selected for both QLD and Australia. Ben Hunt deserves all our support and that Brent Reed can go back to simply writing articles for his arse wiping newspaper.

Last edited:

Reddragon

Bench
He, like all halves, is on a hiding to nothing, sure the kick on the third tackle didn't come off, if it does he looks like a genius, it didn't so he looks like a fool.
If he does nothing the talking bobble heads all claim he "didn't inject himself into the game".
Big games call for big plays, you have to have a crack, he did.
I thought that was the only bad part of his game. Otherwise he seemed fine

BennyV

Referee
Won’t play for QLD after this year - they aren’t as dumb as NSW were picking Pearce for all those years!

Come back to Clubland and shine for us Benny.

Dragon for life

Juniors
I thought that was the only bad part of his game. Otherwise he seemed fine
I think a cool halfback closes that game out, especially v 12 men. Nothing against the blues they were heroic but Morgan would have closed that out.
Hunt has some ghosts he needs to deal with and last night certainly wouldn’t have helped. Worrying for Saints come pressure situations. If he gets dropped he may not recover.

Latest posts