What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Kenny

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Damn terrible news, one of our greatest ever Eels.

He was the only bloke who got over the top of Wally in Origin that's all you need to know about him as a footy player.

And most of his blow ups in the media about the club ishrough the last couple of decades is through pure frustration. Can't say i blame him.

Hopefully he can beat this prick of a disease.

All the best Bert.

Eelogical

Referee
One of the greatest Eels. I hope he gets through this difficult time in his life. My thoughts are with him.

phantom eel

First Grade
Best of luck with it Brett. A great player in his day and a good friend of the club in that bygone era.

Shame the comparative frustration about full time professional footy had to kick in among his generation of players, but I digress.

And a shame the news was broken on the Hadley program, surprised that people actually listen to that shit...

Last edited:

eels81236

Bench
Best of luck, Brett. If cancer had a conscience it would try harder to find someone more worthy than you.

Bert was my hero as a teenager. I was (rightly) ridiculed for my obsession with him. Let's hope that a bloke that could do things so extraordinary on the field can get a single stroke of luck off it.

2 tries x 3 consecutive GFs.

phantom eel

First Grade
He was a freakish young footballer...had attended the same primary school as me (albeit a decade earlier), and was a humble enough guy to happily visit and mingle with us awestruck kids there DURING those glory 81-82-83 years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bert was my hero as a teenager. I was (rightly) ridiculed for my obsession with him. Let's hope that a bloke that could do things so extraordinary on the field can get a single stroke of luck off it.

2 tries x 3 consecutive GFs.
And had two disallowed in 86.

Snoochies

First Grade
My parents have known his parents for a long time and I met him quite a few times back in the late 80's and early 90's when he would play up here in QLD. My parents knew them through Baseball and Brett was a very good Baseballer playing at Blacktown workers.
I think they still speak on the odd occasion but I sent Dad the article who ironically sits right next to me at work, broke his heart to hear this news.

All the best Mr Kenny as I use to call him.

crocodile

Bench
What was he like as a teenager? Obviously pretty bloody good already.

I remember him as a teenager at the Owls ( Naturally a few grades up from us ). There was lots of talk about a certain young fellow coming through. Occasionally coming in earlier to watch the younger teams play just to see what all the fuss was about it was quickly obvious. Didn't last long, He was graded quickly. Even at a young age you just knew.

Hope he does OK. Early detection is the key.