What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Kenny

forward pass

Coach
How filthy would Sterlo have been missing that tackle on Kenny in the Challenge Cup final? LOL

Conversely - How chuffed would Kenny have been leaving Sterlo in his wake and sending the fullback over!

Still one of the best games of footy I have ever seen. Incredible game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/2d9b88181345bd8af741550b0f7b4282

Wigan to honour King Kenny

AS rugby league rallies around Eels legend Brett Kenny after his lymphoma diagnosis, his former English club Wigan Warriors have revealed plans to acknowledge his greatness at a club reunion during their tour of Australia next year.

Aussies who played for Wigan and will be part of the reunion are Matty Johns, Pat Richards, Steve Renouf, Trent Barrett, Adrian Lam, Brett Dallas and Blake Green, while John Dorahy, John Monie and Michael Maguire were coaches.

Wigan GM Kris Radlinski says the Poms still rave about Kenny. “Brett Kenny is revered in England as a legend and Wigan Warriors wish Brett all the very best with his health.”

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

On the 27th October 2017 there will be a Footy Legends Lunch to help raise money for Brett Kenny and his family at the Australian Brewery at Rouse Hill from 12pm - 4pm.

It will be an amazing day with members of the Parramatta Eels premiership team of the eighties including Brett Kenny, Mick Cronin, Ray Price, Peter Sterling, Eric Grothe Snr and Steve Edge, as well as QLD Origin legend Gene Miles, Bulldogs and Manly legends and many other current NRL and sporting stars. Comedian Kenny Graham will also be performing.

Don't miss this amazing day with the legends of Rugby League.

Tickets are $100 plus $3.85 booking fee.

To purchase tickets go to www.prosportsmemorabilia.com.au and to request the live auction list email sport88@bigpond.net.au

Keep an eye out for the upcoming online auction at www.prosportsmemorabilia.com.au

All proceeds go to the Kenny family.

W84bELmQLCvfhUCONQZJF2zoFSyPudy0bI1ud0HAEDUO2YE9cHExDVY9YQWbj2DnvQwsegbI8IiE3n7v2_oo8Wrq4IvCFJpCAh7KjTMg_MWXmxIKrv-lwFJSTnobBkDo9GvLT6S2Tfo_KL6HzN3ixs_qffEeeuX_Ti0B-kGzp2bkYGdPWUnBPLpGn6TPrCkpErjZP-X_0sbSOXBkZGq9dHqhFiXrgGMy-VjwdpC3iokEJ4Zpr5gsz3PFvqugwUjvwmywqyU=s0-d-e1-ft
HVt7db7leuJGDHZsvHmJtsQ7l4NblLdygsaIsTWiqdKUXxdpbRm944tB82xnXgFUe0kbIsRDMnMDC-uQHF33Nmbd7wVZ-_bcYRGB_Ktqc9WE_2OUy1mMy-7pbArNJ7w66Qmxy6whRW_vJM6QZ2zSG44W-W5E3hxKaruWP5nM_6xGv4rNiMcD9Gm03zgNhZuf48SZOzgGFsDdcPYClW45I2Ufe6xC6UtDiVjLFwTYScfWkqRj7VExj3P1uDGM1XW9gNsM-w=s0-d-e1-ft

forward pass

Coach
Watching some of those 80's retro games on Fox the last few days. Bert was an absolutely incredible player. I knew this already, but watching those games again, he was even better than i remember. He should be an immortal - I don't give f**k who disagrees.

If anyone thinks Gasnier, Churchill or Langlands could do what Bert did then they are dead set kidding. Watching the 1983 semi final v Dogs - forget the first try he scored which was incredible enough (beat 4 or 5 players although granted the defence was ridiculously poor), but his intercept try in the second half had to be seen to be believed. Unbelievable anticipation.

I hope he is doing ok.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Always thought he was under rated when talking about past greats

Probably the David Gower/ Mark Waugh of the RL world, very silky, classy and effortless in whatever he did. Made things look ridiculously easy when they were anything but

Id have him over the likes of Wally Lewis and Greg Inglis any day of the week

any yes hope he is doing well, think about him from time to time