What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Kimmorely

TheGame19792003

Juniors
Bretty Kimmorely has to put up with way too much. Everyone bags him. I hope that after this test series, now that he's proved himeself once and for all, that people will just leave him alone. :!:

PJ

First Grade
Nice sentiments but it won't happen.

He's just one of those people others seem to love to attack.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
This poster reminds me a lot of the young lad Shireboy? or sharkwhistleboy? from the old forum.

I think Kimmorley was the stand out player in all tests including NZ.
Just like a 1/4 back is in the NFL.
When you involve yourself in every single play, you have to be.
One would also think that with nearly 100 touches of the ball in 80 minutes, at least a few of those plays will be pearlers. Pure numbers suggest that.
However, what about the team? where do they come into it? What if every player had that mentality?
I put to you that with a different coach & Gower or johns at half, Australia would have won easily all three tests. Not by comeback, close scores etc.
Easily.

Genius Freak

Juniors
Gower was ordinary in the second test. Though a lot of people said he should have been halfback.
Johns was unavailable due to injury, so you can't argue that another coach would have selected him in this case.
Kimmorley has played well in both tests, both individually and as a playmaker for the entire team. It's not his fault that people like Minichello, Lockyer and Rickitson have had super ordinary games, and that it's a woefully understrength side to begin with.

Kimmorley has done his best with what he's had right now.
Had Tallis, Kennedy, Lyon, Ryles, L. Bailey, Gasnier, Hodges etc been available, we probably would have won by more. Had the selectors picked the more deserving Steve Price ahead of the woefully overrated Willie Mason, we probably would have won by more.

Well done Brett. Just try to play a bit more like this in 2004.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am lost.

BK is a good player IMO. I would however agree with reefy's assessment, for Brett to play well the team MUST revolve around him, Johns is similar.

However, you say he has proved himself. How?
Australia has beaten the GB side for the 30th odd year in succession. So Brett has proven as Australian halfback he can lead around the team to beat GB.
He has also proven that as Australian halfback he can lead around the Australian team to defeat against the kiwis.

If I remember correctly, with Johns at half we flogged, and I mean flogged both. What does that say?

I will say it again, the best path for Brett Kimmorley in 2004 is to say very, very little off the field, and put in huge performances on the field.

I am also happy that Brett will be the Sharks half, he is one of the best going around.

Kimmorley critics are definately a minority in this forum.
The same can't be said about Ando critics. The guy seems to cause trouble at each club he goes to.

I reckon the Sharks will finish close to last if Kimmorley leaves the club.

Frenzy

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
If I remember correctly, with Johns at half we flogged, and I mean flogged both. What does that say?

For one thing it says he didn't play in a team with 19 blokes, probable first stringers, unavailable :)

BK has had to steer a 2nd string team around the park. Joey was surrounded by the mega elite. DOesn't take anything away from Joey but his job was easier.

imasharkie

Coach
Frenzy said:
Mr Angry said:

For one thing it says he didn't play in a team with 19 blokes, probable first stringers, unavailable :)

BK has had to steer a 2nd string team around the park. Joey was surrounded by the mega elite. DOesn't take anything away from Joey but his job was easier.
You really want to upset reefy with that comment Frenzy....
Good onya

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fair Point. John's did have the cream of the crop with him.

As for Kimmorley leaving and us coming last, probably correct - that however is very far from a good thing and shows how reliant we have become on him setting up EVERTHING for us.

Are we to be the next Newcastle - a one man band?

Punk

Juniors
Mr Angry said:

As for Kimmorley leaving and us coming last, probably correct - that however is very far from a good thing and shows how reliant we have become on him setting up EVERTHING for us.

A one man band with several premierships.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is all good, Brett will stay fit and several premierships will emerge.
I fell much better now. :shock:

Enjoy them Punk, he will retire soon.

Punk

Juniors
Mr Angry said:
It is all good, Brett will stay fit and several premierships will emerge.
I fell much better now. :shock:

Enjoy them Punk, he will retire soon.

Oh no, he was the last halfback ever.
I wish we listened to Mr Angry, now we are a team with no halfback and the situation is unresolvable.

Oh wait. Let's get another halfback. Problem solved.

You fell much better? How did you fall before?

Frenzy

Juniors
Mr Angry said:

I think sometimes "one man band" is an overused phrase. Most teams have a franchise player who is pivotal to their success.

If you look at our Sharkies in the pre Kimmorley days we'd of been hard pushed winning a chook raffle after buying all the tickets with The Peach out.

Were we a one man band then?

ghoti

Bench
Genius Freak said:
Gower was ordinary in the second test. Though a lot of people said he should have been halfback.

A five-eigth outside of Kimmorley is basically useless...hence the reason Gower has appeared so ordinary. BK is a good player who weaves his magic through good runs, a good kicking game, long cut-out passes and inside passes. A five-eigth doesn't get used which is why i'd like to see Vagana at 5/8 next year playing as a third centre.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Kimmorley would cop a lot less crap if Chris anderson was not the Aussie coach.

He got the job thanks to Chris Anderson, but now that he has been given the chance, he is by far our best player.

Shame he cant produce that from in club games.

Quint

Juniors
Yo! Genius Freak.
I love your Avatar,Shane-O-Mac is a true Freak....Too hard core for his own good me thinks :)

imasharkie

Coach
A five-eigth doesn't get used which is why i'd like to see Vagana at 5/8 next year playing as a third centre.
[/quote]
I think we all have warmed to this idea Max after his great game for the kiwis in that position.......so it is vital we keep BK to push us round the park and bring us a well deserved premi