What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett's in awful trouble

drago brelli

Bench
Glenn Stewart and Blair will be suspended, who knows 4 to 6 weeks. Both clubs may be fined for bringing the game in disrepute. Brett ran a long way to attack Blair and as the other four Manly players were into him Brett was punching him. Wow, such a bad look. His season could be over. This will bring Gallop and Manly together again. Gallop will take action. Brett Stewart and some people at the Manly club have carried on in a very immature manner over the Brett Stewart suspension. Manly may beat Melbourne tonight but Melbourne will lie in waiting. An ugly game and an ugly scene tonight at Brookvale.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Brett Stewart is the biggest coward ive ever seen. what took so long for blair's teammates to arrive? he seemed to be getting smoked for ages. However as a neutral i hope Manly & Melbourne play in the semi's

Ausguy

Coach
blair ran to catch him...

why didnt he keep running past him...

blair should get the same IMO

ceagle

Bench
blair ran to catch him...

why didnt he keep running past him...

blair should get the same IMO
Blair was the one who caught up to Glenn and started the whole thing by pushing him, he has to take some responsibility for this.

Watch the youtube link, he was throwing some dirty uppercuts in the first fight, didnt catch what Glenn did

howardjones

Juniors
Word at the ground from people close to the sideline was the Storm players were taunting Brett after the brawl.

Brett Stewart dogged it by not coming out.

Glenn will miss the rest of the season for that disgraceful disaply of dog shots while Blair was held down.

howardjones

Juniors
Blair was the one who caught up to Glenn and started the whole thing by pushing him, he has to take some responsibility for this.

Watch the youtube link, he was throwing some dirty uppercuts in the first fight, didnt catch what Glenn did

Glenn comes in late in the first fight.

Take a close look. He looks over his shoulder to see where his mates are and takes the shot.

What will get him wiped out for 2011 isn't the punch he throws on the sideline but the dog shots he puts in while Blair is pinned down.

stretcher

Juniors
Word at the ground from people close to the sideline was the Storm players were taunting Brett after the brawl.

Brett Stewart dogged it by not coming out.

Glenn will miss the rest of the season for that disgraceful disaply of dog shots while Blair was held down.
Thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard he was injured and i dont think any first grade footballer is scared you have to be pretty tough to play league let alone first grade...but i agree with the dogshots ..

drago brelli

Bench
The Berkeley attitude and up bringing really came out in the Stewarts tonight. I knew we would see it eventually. The league will take stern action against both clubs and the players involved. Should be an interesting week.

Last edited:

howardjones

Juniors
Thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard he was injured and i dont think any first grade footballer is scared you have to be pretty tough to play league let alone first grade...but i agree with the dogshots ..

That's from Manly members mate. He could be injured. I wouldn't be suprised if he did it flying in on Blair.

But even if he isn't, his season is probably over.

The Manly supporters at the game are filthy at the brothers and I don't blame them.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
As neither a Melbourne nor Manly supporter I think both Glen and Brett Stewart have played right into the hands of David Gallop. He has shown he is not frightened of taking on clubs (big time), so my guess is they will be lucky to play again this year, whether punches connected or not. Glen made a comment about Gallop the other night on the news and Brett make the now infamous galloping motion (yeah, like that got him back even with Gallop). I think David Gallop will be licking his lips.

I guess you will take two points out of the game but this could have a fairly dramatic effect on your season. On another level you'd want to lock Foran and Cherry-Evans up to long contracts...very good pairing.

j0nesy

Bench
Melbourne were beaten at their own game tonight and didnt like it. As for the fight, G. Stewart and Blair will get a week. I dont think there was much in it with B. Stewart coming in at all. Good on him sticking up for his brother. Blair provoked the 2nd altercation, no doubt about it, and copped a little short right for his trouble.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Mate, you might be right and they only get a slap on the wrist, I guess only time will tell but I seem to think otherwise.

I never know how to pick Melbourne/Manly games, I tipped you guys tonight because I thought Melbourne wanted and needed a loss, too much pressure going into the semis with a big string of wins. In saying that I tipped Melbourne in 2008!!! I didn't so much see Melbourne get beaten at their own game, I saw a team that was put off by not succeeding in what they normally get away with. Normally Melbourne are the experts at holding down and tonight they kept getting penalised, tonight you guys did the holding down and didn't get penalised. I suppose a different ground and certainly different set of referees and it may have been different.

Anyway, you guys won so enjoy it. I think you will be playing Melbourne again somewhere this season so lets hope it is a better game than what was played tonight. Good luck.

howardjones

Juniors
Melbourne were beaten at their own game tonight and didnt like it. As for the fight, G. Stewart and Blair will get a week. I dont think there was much in it with B. Stewart coming in at all. Good on him sticking up for his brother. Blair provoked the 2nd altercation, no doubt about it, and copped a little short right for his trouble.

If you think Glenn is copping a week you are seriously deluded. He threw the first punch and continued with dog shots on the ground. Depending on the charge probably 4-6 weeks.

Blair maybe a week. Didn't do much aside from defend. Push and shove is not going to get you charged.

Brett, Robertson, Foran, Lusick who ran in plus the dopes on both benches will get charged.

Some will get off, but Brett made contact running in 40m with a swinging arm/fist. That will get him a few weeks on top of any injury.

Foran also ran in. Cleanskin. Didn't throw any. Probably won't miss a game.

Robertson same as Foran.

Lusick threw a dogshot but looked up to see he was about to get smashed and stopped. Probably get a week.

winnyason

Juniors
Howard who ever you are a tip, f**k off out of here are you serious a strom fan for sure.
Blair held glenn in a grapple hold in the brawl f**kwit, and the cheapshot uppercut from blair typical. Get with the picture, storm f**kin suck all they have is the let's put pressure on the neck, slater dog shot in DCE on the ground, or smith twisting legs. Get real there pack got smashed woolnough and Bromwich not gonna win you the comp, young lussick is a young lazzo.