What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett's in awful trouble

badav

Bench
Wally Lewis :lol::lol:

Yeah he's only an immortal and one of the best players to ever play Rugby League.

But instead we should listen to you a bloke who thinks that when 5 people in his team belt one guy on the ground, they are the victims.

ceagle

Bench
Yeah he's only an immortal and one of the best players to ever play Rugby League.

But instead we should listen to you a bloke who thinks that when 5 people in his team belt one guy on the ground, they are the victims.
THe man barely has two brain cells.

macnaz

Staff member
He grabbed at the back of the jersey. He is also the fastest on the field so of course he gets there first. There was no direct hit because he didn't hit.

/QUOTE]
lol do you seriously think Brett didnt connect with Blair? BLair immediately stopped throwing punches an clutched his head, hardly something he 'd do from having his jumper grabbed. Im sure most Manly fans wouldnt even believe you

Last edited:

jbl31649

Juniors
So let's get this right.
Without doubt, you know what Blair said to Stewart. And it was all about poor old Brett. :crazy:

Snap out of it man !!

Well he didn't jog over to him to ask him how his day was. The ref's made a mistake by letting both players head of together and they'll learn from that.

I'm also not saying that the second fight was by any means a great thing. The bulk of the Manly players should've held back, but they didn't. I just don't want to see this be beaten up by the media.

Like I said both Blair and Glen should recieve 1-2wks and Brett and Hinchcliffe similar with finew to suit. It happened deal with it quick, so we can look forward to the finals.

The Rosco

Bench
Melbourne's entire team and bench should go then on that basis. They all ran in.

Yep , you are right s e r.
Thats why I said . .those that ran in more than 1/2 a metre.
But like everybody thought . . the papers and media are gonna have a field day.
This could get even uglier yet.

drago brelli

Bench
Forget Lewis. Great player, proud Queenslander and he should go back there. He is a crap commentator. From those who know both Glenn Stewart and Blair will be referred directly to the judiciary. This is an automatic 4 weeks suspension. I think they will both get 6 weeks. Brett Stewart will cop a suspension for running in and leaping at Blair.

macnaz

Staff member
Forget Lewis. Great player, proud Queenslander and he should go back there. He is a crap commentator.From those who know both Glenn Stewart and Blair will be referred directly to the judiciary. This is an automatic 4 weeks suspension. I think they will both get 6 weeks. Brett Stewart will cop a suspension for running in and leaping at Blair.

Are you one of THOSE who know ?? or are you just one of THOSE who talk f**king shit like they actually know something but know Jack ??

sorry Manly forum, dont mean to fight tools in your forum... ill go soon :)

Last edited:

Cagey Mac

Bench
Blair’s cheap uppercut should cost him the season
Glen Stewart, I’m happy with a week or two
Brett Stewart is owed a GF for the shot he took from Crocker in (was it 07?) but should be off until then

The rest of the cats that ran in should spend a week cleaning out a cattery; 5:1 is cowardice and really stupid and then they should stew ‘til the GF of maybe PF

The club should spend whatever fine they receive promoting RL on the beaches. In some NB primary schools the only sport on offer on Fridays is AFL (for boys and girls) it’s disgraceful and Peter Peters and the club’s marketing and promotion people should have been on the end of Blair’s cheap uppercut. AFL is spending a fortune on promotion in the area and cash-strapped schools and councils are taking whatever they can get

Anyway, let’s hope that the NRL considers the fans of both clubs and doesn’t hand out disproportionate penalties.

The fans and the hard workers in all clubs deserve to see the best on the field come October

That said I hope my Dragons kick your arses on that day

The season will be a waste ov time IMO if the top two teams are heavily stripped going into the finals. Personally, it wouldn't feel right if my team won the premiership but the main competition was sitting on the sidelines. I hope the punishments are minimal all round.

silverfox

Juniors
The season will be a waste ov time IMO if the top two teams are heavily stripped going into the finals. Personally, it wouldn't feel right if my team won the premiership but the main competition was sitting on the sidelines. I hope the punishments are minimal all round.

that just makes it open slather for teams that are in the 8 do what they like at this time of year. You do the crime you pay the time

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah,

I think they wont be making "examples" out of the players for fighting. I was loving it tbh! and so was the crowd.

yeah yeah it gets out of hand. But wtf do you expect putting two clubs (that hate eachother), with big 'topofthetable' ego's in a match where you need to belt the shit out of each-other in order to win?...

I think a slap on the wrist and a shrug of the shoulders saying "that's footy" would suffice?

blacklock

Juniors
Yeah,

I think they wont be making "examples" out of the players for fighting. I was loving it tbh! and so was the crowd.

yeah yeah it gets out of hand. But wtf do you expect putting two clubs (that hate eachother), with big 'topofthetable' ego's in a match where you need to belt the shit out of each-other in order to win?...

I think a slap on the wrist and a shrug of the shoulders saying "that's footy" would suffice?
i loved the fight too! its awesome to see such passion..so in that regard i wouldnt want to see large penalties. the only thing i hated...was when it turned into a 5 on 1.

Then it turns from a fair fight and more of a beating.

Its cool to see it one on one when you no longer are supported by your team and you face off against an individual opponent.

Had the players rushing in simply broken the fight up...then there would be no drama. The issue is the players rushing in came in to strike! lol Spectacular...but not really fair. (as a result...blair copped the black eye from brett stewarts hit, glenn stewart could not have landed the shot as he was only throwing right over hands)

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Regardless of the outcome of suspensions, the players have put a real chance of a premiership in jeopardy.
If the 5 blokes that rushed in to collect Blair get 2 weeks, Manly will be long shots to beat (most probably)the Dragons in the 1st week of the finals. Then it's sudden death.
Most of the time blokes usually rush in to break up a fight but this time they ran in and attacked Blair and they realistically go for 2 weeks as a result. Didn't look good.
The players have to be smarter and put some thought into any repercussions. If I was a Manly fan I'd be filthy at the players for this incident so close to the finals!

ceagle

Bench
We still have a strong shot imo, Buhrer is a great ball player and should fit in nicely on that right edge.

blacklock

Juniors
an update

Judiciary report from Round 25

Adam Blair (Storm) Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)
Adam Blair (Storm) Striking – grade 2
Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – fighting (referred)
Sisa Waqa (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 2
Bryan Norrie (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1
Jaiman Lowe (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1
Sika Manu (Storm) Detrimental conduct – grade 1
Darcy Lussick (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 4
Brett Stewart (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 3
Keiran Foran (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 2
Michael Robertson (Sea Eagles) Contrary conduct – grade 1
Joel Thompson (Raiders) Careless high tackle – grade 1

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-judiciary-11...e-fined/tabid/10874/newsid/64486/default.aspx