What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian May

ledzep

Bench
Just wondering what you guys think of Brian May from Queen
IMO, he's a really underrated guitarist, overshadowed by Freddy Mercury perhaps
Anyway, he's my favourite guitarist

choc_soldier

Coach
Same here. He was the man who made them rock the way they did.

He can really play that thing. I think with Freddie, he was slightly overshadowed, but the fact that he is still in demand (he collaborates with the Foo Fighters a bit), shows that he still has the creds.

He would be in my top 5 guitarists... up top.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Great guitarist, distinctive, creative & just a genuine great Rock n'Roll guitarist, as much as i like him though.........to have him in your top 5 ParraPanther is being abit to nice.....easy to be biased but when you consider the magnificent guitarists we've had....i'd say top 20 :mrgreen:

He's a great guitarist but I don't know if you can really call him underrated...I've seen his name featured prominently in best of all time lists all over the place..

nöyd

Staff member
I'd agree with Ron, Top 15-20 for sure...and there is no doubt that Queen wouldn't have sounded the same (or as good) without Brian May, he is a great, original guitar player :clap: :clap:

Nuke

Staff member
Awesome guitarist.
Awesome song-writer.
Awesome musician.

For mine, he was what made Queen rock. I've got all his solo albums, all of Freddie Mercury's solo albums, and half of Roger Taylor's albums. John Deacon never released any solo albums. Anyway, my point being that I can compare all their music styles to eachother. Freddie mostly brings the melodies; Roger and John, the depth (especially since about 1985 onwards); and Brian May, the rock.

They can all rock, they can all create awesome melodies, ect; but Brian May definately 'rocks' more than the others combined.

PJ Marshal

Coach
The only man who comes close to Van Halen and Malmstein is Brian May, Mike Oldfield deserves a mention too

Latest posts