What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian McGuigan: "“Yesterday I Lost Faith [in Nathan Brown]"

Burns

First Grade
NATHAN Brown has nine games to prove he should be retained as Knights coach after a loss Newcastle chairman Brian McGuigan has labelled “a catastrophe”.

If the NRL are unable to strike a deal with Wests, leaving McGuigan and the incumbent board of directors in charge, Brown will also need results to improve dramatically to avoid the axe.

“After a period of grace, unless things are improving, we have to do something about it … if things are out of control, then the board has to make decisions about the direction we’re taking,’’ McGuigan said.

He described Sunday’s loss as “unacceptable”, “embarrassing” and "a catastrophe".

McGuigan said the Knights had shown signs of improvement earlier in the season but recent results, especially against the Tigers, had been “a deterioration”.

Brown has consistently pointed to an inexperienced roster, but McGuigan said: “He’s the man that's got to carry the can ... it’s just not good enough. The community expects better.

“Yesterday I lost faith, and I’m now expressing it openly and frankly, because the community expects more of us.’’

Full article at the link: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4...&preview_token=5Stg3VkllUIWhgsCFNOi9mDakPsuC3

Thoughts? I mean, this is good old Brian 'Magic Beans' McGuigan talking here, but it would appear murmurs are beginning about Brown.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
The first to go should be mcguigan and gidley. This wanker is just deflecting the blame to brown in the hope he keeps his job during the take over.

Don't get me wrong, I am a bit over brown at the moment, but the guys at the top of this club also need to take a lot of the blame.

Gidley needs to go
Mcguigan needs to go
Brown needs to show something as a coach or he needs to go.

That's how I see it

Johns Magic

Referee
Whether you agree with him or not...what a lemon this guy is. This is potentially damaging to the club at a crucial time.

the seagull

Juniors
At least he's consistent with being a moron taking onto account his grandstanding about SKD signing with the knights last month.

The Knights lost a game playing crap, young teams do it all the time I be more pi**ed off If I was a supporter of the rooster, panthers, bronco's, canberra who have a hell a lot more talent than the knights and still got lapped.

I think knights supporters need to take a BEX and have a good lay down

Spot On

Coach
Seriously, how long do the NRL and Wests need to get a deal done. That should be the real story here.

What the f**k is the hold up?

perverse

Referee
What a peanut thing to say to the press. Some amount of pressure on Brown is 100% warranted, but not in public. Another (dis)graceful moment from our chairman.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Seriously, how long do the NRL and Wests need to get a deal done. That should be the real story here.

What the f**k is the hold up?
Wasn't it reported that the hold up was due to the nrl delaying it as our board has voting power within the NRL which would enable the big boys at nrl to keep their jobs? If wests were our owners we would have a new board appointed that isn't full of nrl executives who had voting power.

Alex28

Coach
Hopefully this is the trigger to get Wests to commit just so they can f**k off McGuigan before he makes their asset a total wreck.

Haffa

Way to shit on the ongoing player negotiations. What possessed him to do this? It's that radio interview all over again.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Thanks Frederick...tell Barry that he's not alone in that thinking.

Unfortunately, that is all that is getting played around at the moment, 'Moron McGuigan's' self aggrandising statements to get his head in the picture....

McGuigan could do us all a favour by going to plant his magic beans and then stay there watching his crop until they are fully grown

Latest posts