What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRING BACK MARK HUGHES BEFORE WE GET THE WOODEN SPOON

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think this thread is a little over dramatic but we haven't exactly recruited the right players for our 2017 season. We needed a strike centre, one with speed and skill but instead we signed two youngsters that may come good in the next year or two but were never going to be instant hits in 2017. Madge knew we needed speed after a dismal season last year and especially after we saw the benefits of having Joe Burgess playing on the wing late last year. But instead, he opted for resigning existing backs and recruiting youth who were never going to be standout signings in their first year. Madge must quickly restructure our roster and recruit the right players to strengthen our squad. And if that means moving on some older players or some big names then so be it.
We need another good forward to help Sam out too.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Much of the blame should be placed on the Head Coach Maguire. He seems incapable of getting forwards to OFFLOAD PASSES and he has failed to reduce or eliminate the idiotic TURNOVERS which occur virtually EVERY GAME. Maguire along with a bunch of obvious players should be CUT and a new coach appointed such as David Furner. When a team cannot score points despite field dominance [see v. Bulldogs] and the team consistently turns the rock over its time to wave goodbye to the Coach FIRST. The initial scout was NOT Graham Hughes... it was MARK HUGHES his Brother!!! He got Luke and others to join.

correct i meant mark hughes and i corrected the heading.....cheers Shadow...

Last edited:

alien

Referee
Tug boat Talakai.

That's a funny one.

But on a serious note yes we miss a strike centre.

Madge could very well lose his job after this season.

I'm not seeing structure in attack. What's the plan????? It's a bit befuddling isn't it???
I think GI will be playing left centre next year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think GI will be playing left centre next year.
Who's the fullback then???

Do we keep AJ???

Is it Latrell Mitchell???

Do we chase a 5/8 and move Cody to no.1??

It won't be Tedesco as the Rorters will get him.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Who's the fullback then???

Do we keep AJ???

Is it Latrell Mitchell???

Do we chase a 5/8 and move Cody to no.1??

It won't be Tedesco as the Rorters will get him.

If Souths recruitment/retention is based on performance these last 3 years, only Sam, Crichton, Walker, Cook and Goodwin should have been re-signed. But these days. I think our recruitment/retention is based on marketing than skills, ability and passion. Example, If fans stopped mentioning Tyrell and Suoerman in the same sentence, I think Tyrrell would have been released in 2015

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i think johnny suttons time has come to an end he aint a quarter of the player he was in 2014 its time to retire johnny and buy 2 gun forwards otherwise we will stay with mediocrity.......time for change im afraid the time has come and its time to shed - turner clark tyrrell gosiewski greinke rochow and cherro to acquire 2 real 1st grade forwards....Shadow...

clark - mediocre
tyrrell - to retire
gosiewski - surplus to needs
greinke - bennett cuts him loose that should tell you something?
cherro - is doing nothing
rochow - has done nothing

6 forwards that need sacking or to be cut loose by seasons end some how..... this is not a premiership pack of forwards if sammy or george or both get injured .! this mob above aint genuine 1st grade players!!!!fug me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Shadow...And while your at it souths go buy fergo and dwalkz otherwise our back line remains shiiiiiiit................burns talakai and jennings are not up to 1st grade standard they have no fugging idea go pinch fergo and mitchell from the rorters for gods sake so we can make the (8) .!! We all know the rorters will make the (8) ile tell you why because they dont have these (9) duds in their team and nick politis is far too smart for that- tyrrell,turner,clark,gosiewski,rochow and cherro and jennings,burns and talakai thats why ffs GOT IT???????????????????????OUR TEAM IS BORDERING ON 2ND GRADE GOT IT??????FUG ME ITS A MESS BUT I KNOW ONLY R20 SEES IT!!!!!....ITS OK DONT KNOWERS LETS GET CAMERON MCINNES BACK LOOK HOW GREAT STMERGE IS GOING BECAUSE OF MCINNES WOW WHO WOULD HAD GUESSED THAT MCINNES WOULD HAVE STMERGE ON TOP WOW MCINNES IS THE KEY TO STMERGE"S TITLES HOPES gee whiz we better get the cheque book out and get the mighty mcinnes back what fools we were to let mcinnes go gee whiz if mcinnes had not left we would be on top of the nrl ladder today.... Shadow....

greg jay

Juniors
Talakai looks and moves just like a Tug Boat. Chugg a Lugg!!! Chugg a Lugg!!! In 5 Games what has he ever done??? 10.2 ppg with Tug Boat as a starter. He is an ASSET to opposing teams. What does Maguire and the Gang there see in this dude??

greg jay

Juniors
i think johnny suttons time has come to an end he aint a quarter of the player he was in 2014 its time to retire johnny and buy 2 gun forwards otherwise we will stay with mediocrity.......time for change im afraid the time has come and its time to shed - turner clark tyrrell gosiewski greinke rochow and cherro to acquire 2 real 1st grade forwards....Shadow...

clark - mediocre
tyrrell - to retire
gosiewski - surplus to needs
greinke - bennett cuts him loose that should tell you something?
cherro - is doing nothing
rochow - has done nothing

6 forwards that need sacking or to be cut loose by seasons end some how..... this is not a premiership pack of forwards if sammy or george or both get injured .! this mob above aint genuine 1st grade players!!!!fug me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Shadow...And while your at it souths go buy fergo and dwalkz otherwise our back line remains shiiiiiiit................burns talakai and jennings are not up to 1st grade standard they have no fugging idea go pinch fergo and mitchell from the rorters for gods sake so we can make the (8) .!! We all know the rorters will make the (8) ile tell you why because they dont have these (9) duds in their team and nick politis is far too smart for that- tyrrell,turner,clark,gosiewski,rochow and cherro and jennings,burns and talakai thats why ffs GOT IT???????????????????????OUR TEAM IS BORDERING ON 2ND GRADE GOT IT??????FUG ME ITS A MESS BUT I KNOW ONLY R20 SEES IT!!!!!....ITS OK DONT KNOWERS LETS GET CAMERON MCINNES BACK LOOK HOW GREAT STMERGE IS GOING BECAUSE OF MCINNES WOW WHO WOULD HAD GUESSED THAT MCINNES WOULD HAVE STMERGE ON TOP WOW MCINNES IS THE KEY TO STMERGE"S TITLES HOPES gee whiz we better get the cheque book out and get the mighty mcinnes back what fools we were to let mcinnes go gee whiz if mcinnes had not left we would be on top of the nrl ladder today.... Shadow....
Dylan Walker again was THE ONE player Maguire should never ever has agreed to let go. Forget Mitchell he sis injury prone. Walker is the ONE player Souths should bring back. That's it.

greg jay

Juniors
Coaching. Why do the Forwards rarely if ever OFFLOAD the rock??? You rarely if ever see Souths' forwards stand twist in a tackle and OFFLOAD. Who is to blame for this??? Head Coach its HIS tactics.

greg jay

Juniors
love to get mitchell cmon inglis get into his ear you know we need him.....Shadow...
Seriously? Two or three games and Mitchell is ALWAYS INJURED!!! Also his running style from fullback seems very dodgy. He always gets banged up or is slow to recover from being clocked by opponents. Do YOU actually watch his games??? He got run over by Brisbane and I for one would spend everything to get Dylan Walker back HOME but Mitchell... NO THANKS!!!

greg jay

Juniors
Tug boat Talakai.

That's a funny one.

But on a serious note yes we miss a strike centre.

Madge could very well lose his job after this season.

I'm not seeing structure in attack. What's the plan????? It's a bit befuddling isn't it???
Madge Maguire could very well be sacked Mid Season!! He is now 12-19 in his last 31 games as Head Coach. His winning record is 38.7 % in the past 31 games. He has lost three home games by 13 + this season. Souths are now second outsider To Newcastle in the betting to Win and they are a team that has quickly become IRRELEVANT. The idiot should never have let Dylan Walker leave. Never!!!

greg jay

Juniors
Why on Earth chase L. Mitchell when you have G. Inglis signed for another 50 years and a YOUNG Alex Johnson being groomed at Fullback?? Did you NOT see Johnson scorch away against CanterBury??? He did NOT look like a "dud" to me. And he can be a try scoring machine.Sure he made a critical error too near the half [which Inglis has from time to time also made] but really the Bigger Question is Why do The Forwards not offload to the flying Johnson DOWN THE MIDDLE and put him in space??? It NEVER HAPPENS!!! Yet Johnson should be a big weapon in the offense. Its POOR COACHING that is THE REAL PROBLEM. POOR TACTICAL COACHING. Speed and youth is there BUT IS NOT UTILISED!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Why on Earth chase L. Mitchell when you have G. Inglis signed for another 50 years and a YOUNG Alex Johnson being groomed at Fullback?? Did you NOT see Johnson scorch away against CanterBury??? He did NOT look like a "dud" to me. And he can be a try scoring machine.Sure he made a critical error too near the half [which Inglis has from time to time also made] but really the Bigger Question is Why do The Forwards not offload to the flying Johnson DOWN THE MIDDLE and put him in space??? It NEVER HAPPENS!!! Yet Johnson should be a big weapon in the offense. Its POOR COACHING that is THE REAL PROBLEM. POOR TACTICAL COACHING. Speed and youth is there BUT IS NOT UTILISED!!!

johnston rarely breaks the line and then when he breaks the line and scores 11111111111111 great try then all of a sudden he is god fug me!!!....Shadow....are you a mcinnes lover too???

CAFPOW

Juniors
johnston rarely breaks the line and then when he breaks the line and scores 11111111111111 great try then all of a sudden he is god fug me!!!....Shadow

Well, Moceidreke is an example of that. Scored 4 tries for the Bears where all of the work has been done by his team mates. It's no different to 2014 where Keary and Auva'a did the work and AJ gets all the credit.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Madge Maguire could very well be sacked Mid Season!! He is now 12-19 in his last 31 games as Head Coach. His winning record is 38.7 % in the past 31 games. He has lost three home games by 13 + this season. Souths are now second outsider To Newcastle in the betting to Win and they are a team that has quickly become IRRELEVANT. The idiot should never have let Dylan Walker leave. Never!!!
It'll be a 4th 13 plus loss come Friday night unfortunately.

greg jay

Juniors
johnston rarely breaks the line and then when he breaks the line and scores 11111111111111 great try then all of a sudden he is god fug me!!!....Shadow....are you a mcinnes lover too???
YOU are stuck on Mcinnes... Not me. Re Talanoa... he had WORSE hands than the Burgess Brothers and that's why he did not last long at other clubs too. Terrible ball control. I recall one game he must have spilled 4-5 balls some of which were easy catches.

Latest posts