What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back The Daytime Grand Final!!

What time would you prefer the NRL Grand Final to Kickoff

• 3:00pm

• 5:00pm

• 7:30pm

Results are only viewable after voting.

ReddFelon

Juniors
I think you are missing the positive effect of youngsters witnessing their first big game of rugby league. I still remember the moment from when I was 6! TH
The AFL 'myth' is being perpetuated and introduced to youngsters and this does have an effect. The last two 'training run' grandfinals have been watched by more people than have watched the last two NRL Gfs. That is fact.
What is a "training run" grand final? Am I supposed to know what this is?

Stallion

First Grade
What is a "training run" grand final? Am I supposed to know what this is?

That's my name for AFL. TRAINING RUN. Considering that's what this code originally was. It was developed by Victorian cricketers whom wanted to keep fit over the winter offseason. Not many people know this and the 'AFL 'people keep this little known fact well hidden.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I actually find it somewhat improbable that around 70 percent of South Australia and Victoria was watching the AFL grand final. Obviously those are the numbers they got but it just doesn't pass the nose test.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I actually find it somewhat improbable that around 70 percent of South Australia and Victoria was watching the AFL grand final. Obviously those are the numbers they got but it just doesn't pass the nose test.

Where do you get 70% from? It's nearer 25% VIC and 20% SA

Mediaweek @MediaweekAUS·
Oct 1
SatTV #AFLGF Seven 3.524m: Met 2.680m (Syd 376k Mel 1.277m Bri 349k Ade 372k Per 307k) Reg 844k (Q 135k NSW 126/123k V 257k Tas 134k WA 69k)

Raiderdave

First Grade
again
the ALF ratings were 3.524 Mill , the NRL 3.399 Million
the ALF had one of their marquee traditional clubs who haven't been near a GF in 35 Years & hadn't won one in 37 in theirs
they'd be alarmed with those figures , way down on 2016 & after a pretty good final series ratings wise
a big let down
whoooo hoooooo : )

Stallion

First Grade
again
the ALF ratings were 3.524 Mill , the NRL 3.399 Million
the ALF had one of their marquee traditional clubs who haven't been near a GF in 35 Years & hadn't won one in 37 in theirs
they'd be alarmed with those figures , way down on 2016 & after a pretty good final series ratings wise
a big let down
whoooo hoooooo : )

Would have thought a Melbourne v Nth Qld gf in Sydney would have generated a better audience. After all the eastern seaboard was involved?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Sydney hosted the gf. NSW is a heartland area for rugby league. Would have thought those factors would have produced better ratings than what was achieved?

hahahaha
so what & ... so what , its been held in Sydney for 109 years
NSW wasn't represented
your borderline geniused assertion ratings should have been better based on ..... entire eastern seaboard invovlement .. is one of the stupidest things ive read
you providing plenty of the rest of the top 10 too

Stallion

First Grade
hahahaha
so what & ... so what , its been held in Sydney for 109 years
NSW wasn't represented
your borderline geniused assertion ratings should have been better based on ..... entire eastern seaboard invovlement .. is one of the stupidest things ive read
you providing plenty of the rest of the top 10 too

Idiot! Not only one research company had 1.9million viewers watching another code in daylight hours. You seem to think that their is no problem for rugby league in tv world. Both developmentally and culturally the 'training run' is bettering this great code and we have a pelican like yourself ignoring the signs!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Idiot! Not only one research company had 1.9million viewers watching another code in daylight hours. You seem to think that their is no problem for rugby league in tv world. Both developmentally and culturally the 'training run' is bettering this great code and we have a pelican like yourself ignoring the signs!

& theres another top ten most geniused things ive read contender & again its from you !!

the difference was 125K according to official ratings
they had arguably their biggest club on a premiership drought involved
they lost over 600K veiwers from last year

you are a moron
a special moron
but a moron none the less .... keep delivering the pearls pal lol

Stallion

First Grade
& theres another top ten most geniused things ive read contender & again its from you !!

the difference was 125K according to official ratings
they had arguably their biggest club on a premiership drought involved
they lost over 600K veiwers from last year

you are a moron
a special moron
but a moron none the less .... keep delivering the pearls pal lol

You spastic! How did the NRl ratings compare from last season. Trying to deflect the real issue for this code is your penchant.

Raiderdave

First Grade
You spastic! How did the NRl ratings compare from last season. Trying to deflect the real issue for this code is your penchant.

you have asked this question before & it was answered you dribbling halfwit
200K down on 2016
with no Sydney side involved thats not too bad

stop posting pal
you're just embarrasing yourself now

Pedge1971

First Grade
Just got this reply. I asked about twilight GF's and they responded to daytime GF's, which sounds like a no.

I take it that broadcasters are more important than fans

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I have registered your comments and they will be available for our review.

We understand that the later timeslot doesn't suit everyone.

In regards to the Grand Final, match scheduling is always a tough balancing act as we try to cater for the needs of our various stakeholders, all with different priorities. Our aim has to be to reach the maximum number of fans so we can promote and grow our game.

We do respect your views on wanting the Sunday afternoon timeslot and we do our very best to please all of our stakeholders.

In regards to your queries relating to the broadcasters, it is important to know that our these broadcasters have invested significant amounts for this right and this funding is what underpins the clubs and enables us to develop all facets of the game, from the elite levels through to the grass-roots.

Thanks again for taking the time to raise your opinions with us.

Kind regards,

xxxxx
Supporter Liaison

NRL Feedback

T: +61 2 9359 8500
M:
E: feedback@nrl.com.au
W: nrl.com

National Rugby League Limited
Rugby League Central, Driver Avenue
Moore Park NSW 2021
Locked Bag 5000, Paddington NSW 2021

A polite way of saying f**k off. But thanks for trying.