What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Really don't think we were that far off the pace again, we just don't have what it takes to beat a team like Brisbane in 2023. The first 15 minutes was very frustrating for me as We looked the better side, making more metres and tackling harder but they got 3 penalties to our 0 and scored 2 tries and the game was over. At the end of the day we need to defend penalties and then score points ourselves but it was certainly annoying.

It was good to see they stuck to it in the 2nd half with their only tries against us being a scoop and score form an error and the horrible Billy Smith kick that resulted int he length of the field play. Having said that they got ripped off a try by the ref getting in the way which was hilarious.

Not much else to say, it wasn't a poor effort it just re-inforces where we are at in 2023 and the fact we need a proper off-season to address the attack issues,

3 Toops - A huge congratulations on breaking the try scoring record and he kept Cobbo very quiet which is no easy feat
2 Teddy
1 Collins

Every game is winnable from here and I reckon we are good things to win 4 if not all of them. We will be in finals contention up until the end but fall short IMO which is not a bad thing.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah agree Val, we're just not there abouts against the better teams. Don't think we could've tried any harder but Brisbane were just far too good for us and IMO on their day can give Penrith a shake. They're a very impressive outfit. So physical, fast, fit, skillful. Absolute handful.

Not sure I share your optimism on the last 5 games but I hope you're right

3 - Toops
2 - Collins
1 - Cheese (that pass was horrible but thought he was good overall)

Valheru

Coach
@Babyface O'reilly how good is our mate Gorden Tallis going?

Has a meltdown every time we sign a player but vigorously defends the storm for celebrating their 07 and 09 "premierships" lol

@Babyface O'reilly how good is our mate Gorden Tallis going?

Has a meltdown every time we sign a player but vigorously defends the storm for celebrating their 07 and 09 "premierships" lol
Ha, ha, yeh saw that. Just before his defence of Storm he said, “If you’re not a Storm or Roosters fan, you’ve got the shits.” Then, and correct me if I’m wrong here, backs that with “Tigers fans are looking at that Penrith team and thinking the salary cap ain’t working.” I’m convinced more than ever, he posts on here.

Anyway, glad you called as I’d forgotten my 3,2,1s.

I thought we didn’t do a lot wrong in the game TBH. Like against Storm, the game just got away from us. Defence was immense for most of the game as Broncos struggled to work the ball out of their half without piggybacks for the majority of the game, even when the game looked lost. We just defend poorly against kicks. This team, unlike in the glory years, drops its head when things go against us. Execution was the other issue like dropping the ball after a fresh set was given. Keary is a player I can’t get my head around atm. Hands let him down, couldn’t get repeat sets but then drops a beautiful pinpoint kick for Toops’ record try. The Teddy no-try was BS. Similar situation against Souths in second half when Walker tried to milk an interference penalty but bunker didn’t buy it. Same thing with Reynolds imo. Didn’t think there was much in Jared’s tackle but thought he was lucky to remain on the pitch given the way the game is officiated these days. Even Cronk thought there was a swinging arm ffs. No clenched fist, open hands with arms in wrapping motion imo. The reaction of him on here is bordering on unhinged now. Love it!

Those losses against Saints, Raiders and Manly have come back to bite us now and our season is done. We’ll be back to give Geordie the shits again soon.

We should put together a post-mortem thread when the season is done. Be good to get everyone’s opinion where we went wrong, some of the root-causes and what we want to see going forward.

3. Toops, just for the record breaker
2. Collins
1. Teddy