What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Bombers Bid

The Great Dane

First Grade
If the NRL allowed the same majority owners of two clubs within the same catchment they're beyond mad, can't see that ever happening.

The original article is miss leading, it's not the Bombers that are looking to buy the Titans it's some of their investors, same goes for the Bears, the Bears aren't bidding a group of rich Bears fans and investors with the permission to use the Bears brand are bidding .

The Titans would be owned and run by one group, and the Bombers owned and run by another, they'd just share some of the same rich and corporate backers.

The original article is miss leading, it's not the Bombers that are looking to buy the Titans it's some of their investors, same goes for the Bears, the Bears aren't bidding a group of rich Bears fans and investors with the permission to use the Bears brand are bidding .

The Titans would be owned and run by one group, and the Bombers owned and run by another, they'd just share some of the same rich and corporate backers.

Understood that, but I'd be doubtful that the NRL would allow such a close relationship between two clubs that are so close together. Particularly if one of the owners had a significant stake in both clubs. (Even if they are technically different groups)

magpie_man

Juniors
Being a Rugby League fan for several decades has left me jaded, cynical, and misanthropic - however - for mine this Bombers consortium seems to be the panacea that has seemingly eluded the Gold Coast for previous decade (or three).
At least on the surface they seem to be a business-savy, Queensland-entrenched cadre of Rugby League fans who can access some of the more affluent corporate opportunities in Brisbane whilst maintaining the club's presence on the Gold Coast.
From the perspective of the Bombers bid, it's a pretty astute gambit to prove to the NRL that they can successfully run a club in SE Queensland.
Whilst I'd prefer a more organic club to be the second Brisbane team (I'm a big fan of the Diehards bid - the AFL's approach of bringing-in a club with a strong history/link to the existing state comp is a proven winner [there needs to be a point of difference between to new team and the existing club - what is it between the Bombers and Broncos?]) it'd be exceedingly difficult to ignore the Brisbane Bombers bid if they do make a success of the Titans.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Being a Rugby League fan for several decades has left me jaded, cynical, and misanthropic - however - for mine this Bombers consortium seems to be the panacea that has seemingly eluded the Gold Coast for previous decade (or three).
At least on the surface they seem to be a business-savy, Queensland-entrenched cadre of Rugby League fans who can access some of the more affluent corporate opportunities in Brisbane whilst maintaining the club's presence on the Gold Coast.
From the perspective of the Bombers bid, it's a pretty astute gambit to prove to the NRL that they can successfully run a club in SE Queensland.
Whilst I'd prefer a more organic club to be the second Brisbane team (I'm a big fan of the Diehards bid - the AFL's approach of bringing-in a club with a strong history/link to the existing state comp is a proven winner [there needs to be a point of difference between to new team and the existing club - what is it between the Bombers and Broncos?]) it'd be exceedingly difficult to ignore the Brisbane Bombers bid if they do make a success of the Titans.

The thing is, if these guys turn out to be great, there is still nothing saying the ARLC need to accept their shitty brand...

Tell them they can have the team if they call it "Diehards" or "BRL United/Firsts". They would still be the board/executives sitting behind the brand

DlEHARD

Juniors
Hopefully, if the Bombers take over the Titans, their first step is to fix up the clubs god awful branding.

God awful branding of a gladiator representing a team in a sport known as the gladiatorial sport.

God awful branding which comprises colours that represents the beaches, sky and water of the Gold Coast.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
If the bombers bid team do get the titans I think that should rule them out of the Brisbane bid. I think the Ipswich/Springfield brothers bid should get the nod anyway.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If the bombers bid team do get the titans I think that should rule them out of the Brisbane bid. I think the Ipswich/Springfield brothers bid should get the nod anyway.

I dont think ot should ru. Them out, but they would need to relinquish control of the Titans before they could bid for Bris2...

No person should own 2 teams, tht shouldnt rule out people with previous experience.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
I dont think ot should ru. Them out, but they would need to relinquish control of the Titans before they could bid for Bris2...

No person should own 2 teams, tht shouldnt rule out people with previous experience.

If the Brisbane bombers bid team got the titans club, in 3-4 yrs would it be a good look for them to want to sell the titans to get there Brisbane bombers team? No it wouldn't. It would be another change the titans don't need. Any successful takeover needs to be long long long term.

myrrh ken

First Grade
God awful branding of a gladiator representing a team in a sport known as the gladiatorial sport.

God awful branding which comprises colours that represents the beaches, sky and water of the Gold Coast.

Gc need another rebrand for sure. Im sure the fans will love it. They already have the Seagulls chargers giants gladiators jersies. Whats one more?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
If the Brisbane bombers bid team got the titans club, in 3-4 yrs would it be a good look for them to want to sell the titans to get there Brisbane bombers team? No it wouldn't. It would be another change the titans don't need. Any successful takeover needs to be long long long term.

Thats like saying board members can only stand and coaches can only apply if they are willing to commit for a full decade...

Owners can come and go without any issue (Holmes a Court left Souths, with Packer stepping in, and they didnt miss a beat). Short term contributions can still be very valuable, particularly when they are using this contribution as evidence of their competence.

If they can build a decent club, then a hand-over will be a piece of piss. If they f*ck it up, we will have dodged a bullet with the Brissy team...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

- The logo is a shocking design (but teams change their logos all the time, so that hardly comparable to the name changes).
-The greek mythology had potential, but they havent touched it again since the logo decision.
- The original colours were ok (nothing special), but the have changed the shades of blue-gold with every new jersey. While NQLD stuck to their shades and established their niche, Titnas jumpers just look like shitty knock-off Parra jumpers
- And the idea that "beach, sky and water" is a Gold Coast thing? Australia is a f*cking island, "beach, sky and water" describes all of our 25000km of coast line.

Yes, youre branding is god awful...

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
- The logo is a shocking design (but teams change their logos all the time, so that hardly comparable to the name changes).
-The greek mythology had potential, but they havent touched it again since the logo decision.
- The original colours were ok (nothing special), but the have changed the shades of blue-gold with every new jersey. While NQLD stuck to their shades and established their niche, Titnas jumpers just look like shitty knock-off Parra jumpers
- And the idea that "beach, sky and water" is a Gold Coast thing? Australia is a f*cking island, "beach, sky and water" describes all of our 25000km of coast line.

Yes, youre branding is god awful...

I agree that the main jersey is pretty ordinary. I did see a lady wearing a version of the female jersey the other day though and it looked pretty good; predominantly white with the blue and gold (actually gold, not yellow) V - It looked flashy and I thought to myself that it represented the GC more than any other jersey I've seen them wear.

beave

Coach
Don't give up on the bear-tits mate

Could just imagine the logo of the new GC Bear-Tits

images

T-Boon

Coach
-

Exactly, they should have gone with a tattoo, bikie, boobs, nightclub theme.

Latest posts