What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos General Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Basically if you have a quick question or something you want to share but don't feel it requires it's own thread just post it in here.

Just make sure it's Broncos related or I'll have to forum cop you. :cool: :p

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Thaiday said his relaxed pre-game approach sometimes carried over onto the field and even admitted to earning the ire of Broncos coach Ivan Henjak over his dressing room antics.

"I got in trouble once for having too much fun before a game because I was dragging other people into my fun," Thaiday said of an incident before an NRL game last year.

"Ivan got up me - I had a tennis ball and I was throwing it against the wall and it was one of the younger fellas I think and they didn't play that well.

:lol: Big Sammy Thaiday getting into trouble for starting a game of wall ball.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
"The news couldn't have been much better for Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak on Thursday with star signing Greg Inglis cleared to train with the club on Monday and centre partner Justin Hodges running freely at Red Hill." NRL.com

Really looking forward to Justin being in the team again!

Smiley

Bench
"The news couldn't have been much better for Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak on Thursday with star signing Greg Inglis cleared to train with the club on Monday and centre partner Justin Hodges running freely at Red Hill." NRL.com

Really looking forward to Justin being in the team again!

Won't last, never does. He needs to have a near injury free season otherwise I can't see him being re-signed and would expect him to head for the Super League.

bfoord

Juniors
Won't last, never does. He needs to have a near injury free season otherwise I can't see him being re-signed and would expect him to head for the Super League.

I can see us re-signing him but on a downgraded contract

Big Pete

Referee
Nah it's all good Johnsy.

Your thread sort of inspired it though, thought it'd be more inviting for others to ask a question/post something light hearted without being bombarded with 'lolz awesome thread' or something to that degree.

Smiley

Bench
I'd just rather not spend 350k on a player that will be injured for about 6 week every season and 3-4 for suspension.

Don't get me wrong I loved what Justin did during 05-07 but I think its time for the club to move on.

Big Pete

Referee
If he took a Lockyer esque pay cheque to stay with the Broncos I'd have no problems with Hodges signing on.

I doubt the NRL would register it though.

some11

Referee
I'd just rather not spend 350k on a player that will be injured for about 6 week every season and 3-4 for suspension.

Don't get me wrong I loved what Justin did during 05-07 but I think its time for the club to move on.

We can only hope he gives it his best shot next year. If I missed a whole season I'd want to make up for lost time and not waste it on the sidelines due to something other than injury.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Its just the way justin plays though with lots of aggression, i think the season of will do him good he took his time to get ready and hopefully his injury wont flare up again

applesauce

Bench
Channel 7 just reported that the Broncos are keen to make a play at both Quade Cooper and Berrick Barnes after the WC once their contracts expire.

Big Pete

Referee
Jharal Yow Yeh's try against the Rabbitohs won the 2010 try of the year.

Got to say, Jharal seems like an incredibly funny bloke - he's just such a doofus and can come up with the weirdest things to say.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i hear that brisbane airport are upgrading their runway to make it useable in the wet..