What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Rugby League Revamp 2015

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Went to Allan Border Field last weekend.

The old besser block sheds are about the only reminder left of the old Neumann Oval, now they are painted Brisbane Heat teal rather than Fortitude Valley Royal Blue.

Wow... :?

Valleys have their jersey sorted for next year.
Valleys just released their jersey for the 2015 BRL season on their fb page. The two patches on the sleeves are the old gladiator logos.

1912209_711394875580513_8248629918698898351_n.jpg

1013520_704136796306321_4112858444672410257_n.jpg

10671469_697396933646974_6247375150545565863_n.jpg

The Partisan

Bit a info about the Brothers situation and a second article re Wests Panthers.

The way i see things Wynnum is only one of the five old BRL clubs to have only one feeder team - Wynnum Redland City.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Bit a info about the Brothers situation and a second article re Wests Panthers.

The way i see things Wynnum is only one of the five old BRL clubs to have only one feeder team - Wynnum Redland City.

Good to see them aiming for 2016. I'd much rather see Brothers have a strong club in the BRL and let the Western Corridor bid get the 2nd Brisbane NRL spot.

rwaite

Juniors
Souths confirmed to me that the comp is effectively a merger of the Open 1 (2nd division) grade and the old FOGS, comps that both had Souths teams in last year.

Instead of those fielding their own team in the new comp they will be the ISC feeder for Normanby and Logan Brothers.

The Partisan

After sending a second email to the QRL regarding the line-up of teams for next years new BRL comp and their connection to the ISC teams the resoinse i got was " All teams have a relationship with an ISC "

When pushed for a more concise answer i received a link to an article from a month and half a go !!!

"
This article might help

BLOCKEDqrl.com.au/news/2014/09/26/brisbane_rugby_league_rebirth.htmlBLOCKED

Surely they know who is linked to who and can pass on this information !!!

juanfarkall

Coach
That may be due to the rather tenuous link between some ISC clubs and their alleged "feeders".
A few " "feeders" want nothing to do with the ISC club that the QRL has assigned them to.
One ISC club has only one "feeder" whilst all others have more.
I have also heard that ISC clubs must pay each of their " feeder" clubs $10,000 per season.
It will be interesting to see how that pans out as one ISC club allegedly already owes a 5 figure sum to a "feeder" club.

The Partisan

Mmmmm.....interesting !

Sent a response back to the 'read this article' reply requesting a list of ISC clubs and their feeder clubs !

The silence is deafening !

Did however divulge that comp would have a new name and trophy and this arrangement is not for the colts comp as well. It stays as is.

Andrew87

Juniors
Basically the ISC feeder teams are as follows:

Norths: Valleys & Wests
Souths: Logan Brothers & Normanby
Redcliffe: Sandgate
Wynnum: Wynnum Redlands
Easts: Easts Juniors & Carina
Ipswich: Ipswich

Each feeder club will be allowed to field a max of 8 contracted ISC players. I would assume Wynnum, Redcliffe and Ipswich will filter other contracted players back into the Second division/Ipswich comps respectively. Second division is apparently being restructured as well with cross river comps forming its top two grades similar to the old prems comp.

There's also a gentleman's agreement in place for match payments for the BRL clubs. Worth noting that the wests team is a new entity separate from the wests of old.

Last edited:

SunnyCoast85

Juniors
Why is the sunshine coast struggling? From afar looks like a growing area population wise but perhaps it's an older demographic moving in?

Looking at Fox sports pulse page for the sunshine coast, why can't the likes of gympie support a first grade team by itself?

Late reply but I've got the answer - Sunshine Coast RL is struggling due to lack of work for potential players. A lot of the young fellas who would be playing are fly in - fly out workers or are travelling long hours to greater Brisbane/Gold Coast for jobs and no time left for training/game days. Once the local building industry started to decline player loss increased significantly.

Excited for the new local format next year but a bit disappointed - I was getting fit enough for C-Grade and now it's going to be folded into reserve grade I don't stand a chance lol :(:D

The Partisan

So any news on this new comp ?

Official Name ? Sponsors ? Representative opportunities ? Trophy / Trophies played for ?

kdalymc

Bench
Late reply but I've got the answer - Sunshine Coast RL is struggling due to lack of work for potential players. A lot of the young fellas who would be playing are fly in - fly out workers or are travelling long hours to greater Brisbane/Gold Coast for jobs and no time left for training/game days. Once the local building industry started to decline player loss increased significantly.

Excited for the new local format next year but a bit disappointed - I was getting fit enough for C-Grade and now it's going to be folded into reserve grade I don't stand a chance lol :(:D

Regi's is puss man, you will be right.

kdalymc

Bench
How are valleys "back" if they're not in q cup? Haven't they always had teams in open 1s/fogs?

aussie_q_factor

Juniors

The Partisan

The Struddy's Pre Season is for the teams that have replaced the former FOGS 'A' Grade comp - and so is essentially / arguably* the second tier competition in Bne / QLD.

The BSDRL is as discovered the Second Division comp - and essentially / arguably* the third tier competition in Bne / QLD.

The naming of the two competitions is a little bit confusing with new competition being known as the Brisbane Rugbt League and the other the BRisbane Second Division RL.

So they are two seperate comps - more of an naming issue than anything. Personally i'd like to see the BSDRL renamed the Greater Brisbane Community Rugby League.

(* NB. I say arguably as some country centres may argue the fact that their competition is on par or stronfer than this comp)

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
The Struddy's Pre Season is for the teams that have replaced the former FOGS 'A' Grade comp - and so is essentially / arguably* the second tier competition in Bne / QLD.

The BSDRL is as discovered the Second Division comp - and essentially / arguably* the third tier competition in Bne / QLD.

The naming of the two competitions is a little bit confusing with new competition being known as the Brisbane Rugbt League and the other the BRisbane Second Division RL.

So they are two seperate comps - more of an naming issue than anything. Personally i'd like to see the BSDRL renamed the Greater Brisbane Community Rugby League.

(* NB. I say arguably as some country centres may argue the fact that their competition is on par or stronfer than this comp)

OK. Makes sense. Many thanks!

Latest posts