What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane2 Bid News

Which Brisbane2 Team Name?

• Total voters

Perth Red

Post Whore
163686_171231686252876_171001092942602_366251_3842809_n.jpg

180700_173365489372829_171001092942602_380300_3030729_n.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
not fretting, I think it is making it one of the more entertaining and interesting off seasons for some time! :)

Not sure if this bid is for real or a wind up?

boonboon

Juniors
It smells a bit dodgy, other then the CSMA website and the facebook page just set up this company and this guy don't turn up anywhere on a first google search which in todays world seems fishy for a company supposedly organising all these great events

Although you have to wonder if he is any relation to QRL boss Ross Livermore and if so is this a way for the QRL to get a larger say in the game again by their key players starting a new club ?

boonboon

Juniors
Hmm this does remind me of a previous rugby league sponsor of the tigers run by a couple of young blokes what was their name Raddison Maine perhaps

Heritage XIII

Juniors
He is Ross Livermore's son. I used to work with him at a university. From memory a nice guy, league fanatic and even he said to me the QRL was in need of change!

bobmar28

Bench
If this is for real then it makes the whole topic very interesting. Are they trying to outbid Ipswich? are they trying to draw Ipswich in to join them?

Either way it puts pressure on the IC for a QLD expansion team.

We should also create a thread for the Logan NRL bid http://logannrlbid.com/

Three bids, not one has a clear indication of what they want to represent. All 3 are behind the 8ball and all 3 seem to have a lack of information available. The best thing for them is to merge their resources and bids to form one (SEQ bid).

I still like this 2nd Brisbane bid >> Logan & Ipswich Jets bids

Last edited:

Beowulf

Juniors
If this is for real then it makes the whole topic very interesting. Are they trying to outbid Ipswich? are they trying to draw Ipswich in to join them?

Either way it puts pressure on the IC for a QLD expansion team.

How? By showing SEQ itself doesn't know what sort of team it wants?:sarcasm:

This should have been sorted out years ago. Now a bun fight might be taking place when unity behind one bid was required.

flippikat

Bench
This should have been sorted out years ago. Now a bun fight might be taking place when unity behind one bid was required.

The whole situation is becoming comical now.

One co-ordinated bid, in the market for sponsorship deals and a concentrated push for foundation memberships would stand a far better chance than 2 or more bids basically cutting each other's throats.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Here come the bear boosters set to flood another thread with their negativity and insecurities. By all accounts the CC bears bid is on track so why the need to put down the competition?

Yes, some posters are putting the Bears bid down in the CC thread but just because they are petty doesn't mean responses in kind are neccesary.