What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRITISH SQUAD

bartman

Immortal
I would guess they will announce the day/week after the SL grand final?

Though they should already have a "train-on squad" of guys from teams that aren't still playing...

The Observer

Staff member
dimitri said:
does anyone know when it is announced

i cant find info anywhere

If you have a look at rlfans.com, either the International messageboard or The Virtual Terrace, you should be able to find it there.

yakstorm

First Grade
Inital squad:

GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND SQUAD

Kris Radlinski (Wigan)
Brian Carney (Wigan)
Paul Johnson (Wigan)
David Hodgson (Wigan)
Gary Connolly (Leeds)
Keith Senior (Leeds)
Martin Gleeson (St Helens)
Lee Gilmour (Bradford)
Chev Walker (Leeds)
Paul Sculthorpe (St Helens)
Chris Thorman (London)
Danny Orr (Castleford)
Richard Horne (Hull)
Sean Long (St Helens)
Paul Deacon (Bradford)
Stuart Fielden (Bradford)
Paul Anderson (Bradford)
Barrie McDermott (Leeds)
Ryan Bailey (Leeds)
Keiron Cunningham (St Helens)
Terry Newton (Wigan)
Andy Farrell (Wigan,captain)
Adrian Morley (Sydney Roosters)
Jamie Peacock (Bradford)
Mike Forshaw (Bradford)
Kevin Sinfield (Leeds)
Ryan Hudson (Castleford)

dimitri

First Grade
thats a great squad

and seems to be full strength

gee i hope GB win 3-0

it would do wonders for the international game

especially considering the yawnion world cup is likely to have many 100 point smashings

The Partisan

dimitri said:
thats a great squad

and seems to be full strength

gee i hope GB win 3-0

it would do wonders for the international game

especially considering the yawnion world cup is likely to have many 100 point smashings

I also would like to see GB break the drought, but have never understood why people think it will be an earth shattering change for the game internationaly. Dimitri, explain what you believe these 'wonders' would be ? Plus if Australia, goes back and wipes the Poms / Kiwis out in the Tri-series does that change the situation again ?

Not being sarcarstic Dimitri, just a realist.

dimitri

First Grade
because everytime i try to bring up international league with people

they say idiotic stuff like "international league is dead etc"

this way

we would be able to say

our 3rd ranked country beat our number one

international league is alive

i also think they will get a lot of confidence out of beating the roos for the first time in 30 years

In-goal

Bench
what it will do is create a belief amongst all britian in RL that they can one again beat the roos.

GB once a 20+ year winning streak over Australia, funny how thats kept pretty quiet.

ps they played series more regualy then

JasonE

Bench
Connolly did retire from RL to play Union but he changed his mind and has had a vintage year with Leeds, he is a favorite of David Waite's.

However I see his selection as a negative move as he is basically a defensive player now and dosen't offer the spark in attack which is needed at test level.

My centres would be Senior & Gleeson

In-goal

Bench
Senior had a shocka against the Roos last year, has he been more improved since?

he was suffering badly from Jet Lag, right upto the game last year there wasn't much in the tank.

JasonE

Bench
Senior is awesome, imo the best centre in the world, he killed Vagana in last years test series, apart from Hindmarsh was the best player in this years World 7's and was recently named Leeds' player of the year.

dimitri

First Grade
seems like ryan bailey will be available for the series

BAILEY LOOKS TO THE FUTURE
David Allen

Leeds Rhinos prop Ryan Bailey is looking to resurrect his career in Tetley's Rugby Super League following his release from a Young Offenders Institute on Tuesday.
The 19-year-old served two months in the Institute after being found guilty of violent disorder in July, with his Leeds team-mate Chev Walker and Rochdale's Paul Owen also being detained following their conviction.

Bailey - who played for Yorkshire this season and was named in the initial Great Britain Ashes squad - is the first to be released, and he returned to the Rhinos on Tuesday.

The highly promising England Academy player could even play a part in Leeds' challenge to reach the Grand Final, with Wigan Warriors visiting Headingley for Friday's Final Eliminator.

In a statement issued through the club, Bailey said that he is now looking to put the incident behind him and concentrate on regaining his place in the Leeds team.

"I would like to apologise for any embarrassment I have caused the Leeds Rhinos club, it's players and supporters," he said.

"I have paid a heavy price for an act of stupidity and realise that my actions put the good name of both Leeds and the game of Rugby League in jeopardy.

"I deeply regret and apologise for my actions and hopefully if any good can come from this situation it will be that people will think twice before becoming involved in such situations in the future.

"I am looking forward to spending time with my son and family and getting my career back on track.

"I am still only 19 and hopefully I will be able to get back to my best as soon as possible and repay the faith that everyone has shown in me.

"I would like to thank the club, players and fans for their support over the past couple of months which have obviously been an extremely difficult time for me and my family.

"I would also like to say that my thoughts are with Chev and his family and whilst I know it will be tough for him, I’m sure he will come through this experience a stronger person."

how old is his son?

gee he must have been young when he had him (or his partner had him :) )