What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRL History website

rwaite

Juniors
Hi all,

For those of you interested in the history of the BRL competition check out this great website with lots of photo galleries and a number of books on the history of rugby league:

http://www.rogerswebsite.com/rugby-league/

Also included is the updated copy of my book of the history of the BRL competition from 1909 right up to last year's Qld Cup season.

Roger

expansionist

Juniors
Hi all,

For those of you interested in the history of the BRL competition check out this great website with lots of photo galleries and a number of books on the history of rugby league:

http://www.rogerswebsite.com/rugby-league/

Also included is the updated copy of my book of the history of the BRL competition from 1909 right up to last year's Qld Cup season.

Roger

That is a great website. I love the range of images on there, it got me glued to it immediately.

Interested to see the Souths publication on there, I hadnt seen it before.

Last edited:

expansionist

Juniors
aah i just realised - you wrote the Souths one. Serious congratulations to you, what a fantastic undertaking and outcome.

King hit

Coach
There is also this excellent book about the history of the Brisbane Rugby League, if you're interested in the history of the BRL this is the book for you.

ext

rwaite

Juniors
There is also this excellent book about the history of the Brisbane Rugby League, if you're interested in the history of the BRL this is the book for you.

ext

Absolutely awesome book by Steve! The match reports I compiled from the State Library and the premiership winning team photos in my book were heavily used by Steve in putting it together. That said, Steve added so much extra with his own research with the behind the scenes narrative he wote for each year.

I am compiling another book at the moment I hope to finish by the end of this month called "The Glory Days of the BRL (1977-1987)". It will include the Rugby League match reports of every round for those years, plus match reports on all rep games plus lots of other great photos I have collected over the years. Watch out for it on my website early next month.

Latest posts