What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRL in 2016

expansionist

Juniors
Hi All -hoping someone can tell me some news regarding the BRL competition in 2016? Is it still going ahead?

I cant find anything relating to it on the QRL website

expansionist

Juniors
Buried in the 'Local footy seniors' sub section .....rather than the obvious 'Brisbane Rugby League' section :sarcasm:

Pre-season games only at this stage.

If able, the guys at BayFM here in Bne (100.3 ? on the dial) do a wrap up of the BRL (and ISC) every Saturday from around 10.15ish. Local journos, league identities feature each week.

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/03/21/brl_pre_season_round.html

Partisan - I assume you are aware of Ballz in the Air - on Triple Z Brisbane 102.1 on Saturday mornings at 9am?

A great show genuinely funny and they love their Qcup

expansionist

Juniors
haha yeah it is an acquired taste...

For those of you who do prefer your music a little more 'mainstream' you really should tune in Saturday mornings to Triple Z - its a great sports show with strong BRL and Qcup coverage.

The Partisan

Well must say I didn't know of the Triple Z show sports show ....and am quite surprised to hear of it ! Just don't associate the two things together !

Will have to take a listen !

(And for your knowledge XXXX Cap ....you're right I don't frequent them on the dial too often....though i was a fan of their Ska show on a Thursday night years ago ! :D)

Redcliffe comfortably won the preseason cup 36-8 against Easts at Emerson Park yesterday. The season proper I think starts next week.

Last round of fixtures completed on the weekend with Wynnum Manly RC grabbing the minor premiership after Redcliffe lost to West brisbane Panthers by a point.

Semi finals are exactly the same as Intrust.

Wynnum (1) & Reddy (2) have the first week off with Ipswich (3) v Easts(6) and WEst Brisbane (4) v Gaters (5) in elimination finals.

The comp has had a few issues this year with a number of lopsided matches (in particular involving Wynnum or Reddy and any of the bottom 4) and Carina forfeitting a couple of matches including the last round against Easts.

Elimination semi final results:

Ipswich 32 d Easts 14
West Brisbane Panthers 36 d Albany Creek Gaters 22

Next week
Qualifying Final: Wynnum Manly RC v Redcliffe (win to GF)
Elimination final : Ipswich v West Brisbane Pathers

XXXX Cap

Juniors
BRL ‘A’ Grade 2016 Finals – Week 2

Saturday, September 3

Elimination Final

IPSWICH JETS 30 (Josh Damen 2, Francis Leger, Peter Whittaker, Ben Sullivan, Matthew Brown tries; Mikaere Beattie 2, Josh Damen goals) def WEST BRISBANE PANTHERS 24 (Che Fa’alafi 2, Kennedy Pettyborne, Sam Carson, James Sharkie tries; James Sharkie 2 goals)at North Ipswich Reserve

Qualifying Final

REDCLIFFE DOLPHINS 51 (Paul Byrnes 2, Josh Beehag, Jaz Nahu-Main, Kyle van Klaveren, Tyson Gamble, Taylor Brown, Johnnie Fox, Ashley Harawira tries; Tyson Gamble 5, Kyle van Klaveren 2 goals; John Brady field goal)def WYNNUM MANLY REDLAND CITY SEAGULLS 16(Jeriah Goodrich, Dan Wallace, Brad Mana tries; Tyson Brookes 2 goals) at BMD Kougari Oval

Next Week’s Games

Saturday 10/Sunday 11 September (TBA):

Finals Series – Week 3

Preliminary Final

Wynnum Manly Redland City Seagulls v Ipswich Jets

Stewbum

Juniors
It pleases me not that this has been discombobulated from the structure of the Qld Cup Finals. Sure, as a free man in my early 20's I may have agreed on principle but as a sworn protector of three this does not add any potential for me to attend any of these games.

Ipswich have beaten Wynnum Manly RC 16-12 in mud bath at Emerson Park and will play Redcliffe next Saturday at Bishop Park in the grand final.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I watched the live feed for most of the first half. Wynnum had enough possession and field position to win ten games. Credit to Ipswich's defence - reminiscent for last year's Grand Final.

The field was an absolute quagmire. Wynnum led 12-0 which should have been enough in the conditions.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BRL Prelim result

Wynnum Manly Redland City Seagulls 12 Ipswich Jets 16

Venue: Emerson Park
Date: Saturday 10 September 2016 at 4:20pm

Wynnum Manly Redland City Seagulls (12)
Tries: Liam Clark, Brad Mana
Goals: Tyson Brookes 2

Ipswich Jets (16)
Tries: Mitch Koina, Lachlan Roe, Max Fesolai
Goals: Isi Hafoka 1, Josh Damen 1

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29227-results-2016-brisbane-rugby-league-a-grade-finals-wk-3/

2016 BRL A Grade Grand Final (17 September)
Grand Final (Winner Major SF v Winner PF)
Redcliffe Dolphins v Ipswich Jets
Bishop Park, Saturday, 3:30pm

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29206-finals-football-september-16-18/

Stewbum

Juniors
Excuse me Cap but thank goodness the BRL Grand Final won't be tarred by the inclusion of the Wynnum Manly Redland Shire Bay West Indian Drywood Termite infested Marinas, Pubs, Shops, and affordable housing full of ratbags Seagulls vs a normal club name.

Latest posts