What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos 7's team

ParraMatt

Bench
No he names the squad each game, Each game the Captain names the side playing. Also gets everything into line.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
He didnt approach me.......i was going to play for the Knights but when they collapsed i thought i would look elsewhere....now while the Broncos wouldnt be my first choice....they neeed someone and I jumped on board.

Anonymous

Juniors
CycloneSteve said:
No i have never played Forum Sevens b4 but I am a former sports journalist with our local newspaper (i know its not much but hey....) so hopefully that will stand us in good stead. Can I ask a silly question......why do we need a captain?? Does he tell us what to write???
Hi Cyclone.
The captain selects the team for each match and has a voice the F7s management. The captain also has the job of keeping in communication with other team members and answering questions.... this includes submitting team member queries to the management forum.
He/she writes essays as well.

You as a player decide what to write and the referee marks the match accordingly.

ParraMatt

Bench
If your talking about Hoggy Willow, Him and Me have been good mates for yonks, He is a former Rhino. He asked me a while back that He wants to play again and to let him know if teams need players. Today, I mentioned to him that broncos are looking for players but clearly stated that Im not asking you to play for them but to look at it. He said no probs man, Thanks heaps. Because he has been wanting to play for ages. He was having a joke in his opening post in this forum.

ParraMatt

Bench
Evilgrowler
FurryCat
Nulla_Fan
King Tigerman
DieHard
Ultimate Jacka$$
Kingaroy Redant
CycloneSteve
Hoggy

[furrycat]

Coach
Okay...

I was disappointed when I wasn't given a go in the first trial, but I was 100%
sure everyone was serious and keen about wanting to have a go at the Forum Seven's
this year, particularly me. If no one else wants to help in the captaincy, then
I am extremely keen to help out with that position... I honestly think we have
a shot at winning the Forum Seven's, but the fact is, we have to be keen about
playing, and willing to stick with the team all year.

I was part of the South Sydney Dragon's, and they folded... I don't want to see
this team fold to, because I am NOT going to go another year of viewing the Forum Seven's,
I want to play. We have 10+ Players so far, that is a great start for us. Everyone in our
team is capable of posting highly regarded articles, but the fact is how many of us are keen
to play throughout the entire year.

For example, The Parramatta VS Broncos Trial. We named our team with two reserves, both
of them eventually being forced to post. We only managed to scrape out 4 articles, 2 of those
by people who were not in the starting line up. And from those articles, I could see potential
in the team, and I want us to play this year, because I really feel that we have a shot of winning
or at least, getting close.

If you are still serious, indicate so... I'm pretty sure everyone is willing to play throughout
the year (at least I hope you all do). I'm not prepared to sit out of another Forum Seven's Season..
I know that we can play well this year... I don't want us to fold before the season, and I will
do everything that I can to prevent us from folding... Parramatt has done an immaculate job
in keeping us alive, but I want to help him, and King Tigerman in keeping us going, i want to do everything I can to help... Think about
it guys, I think we have a shot... but are we all willing to take the opportunity this year?

[furrycat]

Coach
If you guys are still interested, PM me or Tigerman your email addresses so we can try and sort some things out.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Hey guys I just posted my first article for the trial against Parramatta. I must apologise the quality is a little shite, but I was quite rushed and didnt have much time to research or anything.....plus I was at work constantly being interrupted.....so I hope its ok....cheers

The Backpacker

Juniors
Evilgrowler said:
I have been offered a position on another team if this one folds. As far as the other players are concerned, I don't know. Nobody is communicating. It's like we have our own little cone of silence happening.

I'd be happy with a merger. No worries there. I just want to play and be in a stable team. Right now, this one looks very shakey.

Sorry to have asked the question and then walked out on the discussion but I had an afternoon shift and the sevens don't pay the bills yet. ;-)

No one wants to see any team fold or merge BUT, those of you that have played for a season or two with a team small on numbers knows what sort of commitment it actually takes to get the full compliment of players each week. You also know what it's like to play game after game against teams that don't produce a full compliment of players.

I asked the question as it appeared - yesterday - that there was some unrest due to Matt naming a new captain for this team and the deadline was fast approaching regarding team numbers for the season.

Matt, what you think and what I know are probably poles apart. Take that on board. I wouldn't have been slinging wild suggestions if I didn't think it could be done.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think it is not acceptable that you aren't in. But stay around and look at other teams to play for because they will run some comps that this team can compete in.

[furrycat]

Coach
Yeah I hope I can get a run with another team for the year, or hopefully something might happen with the Broncos... I get the feeling I'll be missing out yet again.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Kingaroy, the decision was made on the perception of ability to fufill the complete season. The team was thoroughly looked at in terms of those who had said they would play's interest as well as what has transpired over the last week. You guys did really well to have 5 post in the trial and we commend you for that but, out of the 9 listed above (ParraMatt's post), 2 were brought in on the day of the final decision and 2 have not shown any (seen) interest since they were announced as being part of the team by other people. It is unknown whether they would have continued as part of the team or not

In our opinion, and in discussion with some of those associated with the team, it was thought that the team may struggle to fufill the commitment. While it sounds easy - any Captain who has played the last season or two will tell you how difficult it is to get 5 players week in and week out as other things in life take over etc.

Later in the season, we are hoping to have a new competition running in conjunction with the sevens where new teams / players can show there stuff in preparation for the following season.

We encourage those who are part of the Bronco's to join another team for this season (even on a basis of it being for this season only) and continue to try and get the numbers for the Broncos so it's a successful season next year for this team.

No one was going to be happy with this decision but we hope you will all continue to play this season with another team.

Cheers

Anonymous

Juniors
Just a quick add on if I may. Kingaroy Redant, the Broncos were never kicked out. The F7s is made up of teams which get invited to be part of the comp. The Broncos are still more than welcomed to be part of the proposed separate competition. The same goes for other teams like Knights, Raiders, Dragons etc who were unable to gain admission.

Latest posts