What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Boot Bennett: Who will take the skeleton?

gUt

Coach
This one stat doesn't tell the whole story.

But you can tell the whole story

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-print_a-G-9095787-0.jpg

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
As your well aware but choose to ignore the basic premise of, it's when & where you receive the penalties. That can have the greater impact rather than just counting the number of penalties received.

Option A) You knew that, but consciously ignore it as it makes the point you try to make somewhat invalid.
Option B) You struggle to grasp the difference between the 2 concepts.

Damn right. Forget cold hard facts, it's the intangible vibe that matters more.

Frailty

First Grade
So Phil Gould has denied the Panthers have spoken to Wayne Bennett...

... So it looks like he'll be going to Penrith.

some11

Referee
Once again, one stat is irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant that the cows have won more penalties and counts consistently for three seasons above everyone else?

If the Broncos got that kind of treatment this forum would be down permanently.

First Grade
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a straight swap of Walters to coach Broncos and Bennett to coach QLD
Can't see it. The washed up old fool will only take on a team that are likely to win, QLD are shot for a few years now, had it of been a few years ago he would of taken it hands down.

Frailty

First Grade
Can't see it. The washed up old fool will only take on a team that are likely to win, QLD are shot for a few years now, had it of been a few years ago he would of taken it hands down.

Well... He did take on Newcastle.... Perhaps you're right and he has learnt from that experience.

DeeJ

Bench
I would have liked him to get the extension that he wanted. He's responsible for signing up alot of quality youth recently and focusing on guys in the Brisbane/Queensland system.

I know his record isn't all great as of late, such as Bird and keeping Boyd on too long, but I would have liked to see him continue his plan for the future.

typicalfan

Coach
Its fine to not extend him but why be so deceitful about it. Why not just tell him straight so he knows?

No one has contributed to the success of the Broncos more than Wayne certainly more than Paul White. Even now the forwards coming through are on the back of Wayne. Show a bit of respect where it's due you'd think.

Dave_

Juniors
Wayne is a total myth and a despicable human. Ya Nan could've won more comps with the teams he's had over the years. Got shown up at Newy and the Myth is well and truly busted now that he can't do anything with the Donkeys shithouse roster. Actually, he just turns players into fat merkins now.

Not a super coach...just a lucky coach

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Broncos have approached Seibold, where’s all the outrage about them approaching a contracted coach? Oh wait the media’s not angry so no one else is.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The cranky old merkin should retire, spend some time with the grand kids, drive around Australia at 30kms an hour and take up lawn bowls.

Diesel

Referee
Broncos have approached Seibold, where’s all the outrage about them approaching a contracted coach? Oh wait the media’s not angry so no one else is.
Seibold was outplayed by Bennett tonight.
Broncos board won’t be too happy

some11

Referee
You make a good point, however the Broncos haven't sacked Bennett on the spot and gone begging to another club's coach for them to take over immediately.

It's still largely speculation and innuendo at the moment, the big news being who went to who's barbecue.

I think if he does leave and goes to Penrith it will be a good deal because you get superstar Darius Boyd at fullback.

BennyV

Referee
I thought it was reported that they’ve approached Seibold to take over in 2020?

Latest posts