What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos NRL Matches Discussion + Voting

Nightward

Juniors
We need some real prop-forwards. The ones we unearth with some real size and strength like David Hala wind up suffering under an injury curse and/or have to go elsewhere to get a starting gig.

That last game was just utter drivel. The forwards were insipid, the backs were uninspired, there were maybe five moments of smart play, and once again Corey Oates outperformed the forward pack as individuals if not combined. Then there's the ongoing issue of the team shutting up shop when 6+ points ahead instead of closing out the game.

3. Oates
2. McCullough
1. Roberts

Bronco18

Juniors
Gotta say Milford looks unfit and/or uninterested.

Hunt has his faults but looks like our more dangeorous half atm. He at least looks enthused and runs onto the ball. Milford always looks for an option runner and receives the ball flat footed.

And while it's easy to dismiss it as "journo's making stuff up" or whatever, it's clear as day that Milford isn't fit. The defence on his edge holds together until the end of games then a few lazy tackles later and opposition teams are in front. It happened against the Raiders then it happened against against the Dogs.

DeeJ

Bench
In regards to Milf's fitness, i recall in the last game or perhaps the game before he was very involved at the start of the game as a 5th tackle option. From then on in the game he seems to fade away.

Additionally his plays just aren't coming off at the moment.

Nerd

Bench
Much better game by Milford though he still managed to lose the ball again in possession. I thought our attack looked much better once Hunt left the field. That no try from Milford to Hunt was inexcusable and whoever made that call should be spending next week in the juniors.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Milford

Bronco18

Juniors
Well happy for Milford to make me eat my words there. Very impressive performance as he hit the line right from the get-go.

3. McCullough
2. Milford
1. Gillette

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Well what a great performance. To be honest when I heard that Oates was out I didn't think we would have a chance.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Pangai

Our attack was bloody amazing. Where did that come from?

Also happy with how Mead played.

Moga would be great if he only knew how to tackle...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
oh and I hope that ref doesn't get away with that "forward pass" call just because the Broncos ended up winning comfortably.

Nightward

Juniors
They had a good run at losing that one.

3. Roberts.
2. Gilett
1. Boyd.

I'm tempted to award Roberts a -3 for his brain snaps, which were just as critical as the things he did right.

Nerd

Bench
Obviously lucky to get away with that one. Got out enthused for the first 20 minutes then managed to turn the game around. I though Milford and Nikorima taking the line on has really improved our attack though saying that Milford managed to again put down a few dropped balls. Personally I thought Nikorima went well and a few more weeks at half should bring him on a bit.

3. Roberts
3. Gillett
1. Boyd

Gillett must be the best second rower in the game at the moment. Crunching defence and a big enough motor to charge down a kick in the last 2 minutes to win a game is pretty impressive.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Roberts
2. Gillett
1. Boyd

Well Roberts and Gillett bailed us out of that one. It is encouraging that we are still able to win with playing so badly. I'm not sure that I have seen so many dumb plays in a game.

Roberts has really turned himself around and is becoming more of a complete player, not just an attacking X factor with heaps of speed. His defence has been awesome in recent times and he is also creating for his Winger (who unfortunately has bombed the opportunities in recent times).

Milford is improving but is still good for at least one bad error per game. He needs to really cut that out somehow. Niko was good without setting the world on fire, which is fair enough for his first full back at halfback.

Hopefully that is Kahu's shocker out of the way for the year.

Unfortunately Moga didn't do himself any favours last night.... Oates has been good but more quiet than usual but I wonder if Moga is contributing in some way to this too.

It's a shame that Pangai will be out for a few weeks. We really missed him out there last night.

Nerd

Bench
Gees we made the Bunnies look good tonight. Lucky that little knock on by Milford was missed by the refs before the field goal.

3. Boyd
2. McGuire
1. Milford

I would be impressed if Milford could get through one game without dropping the ball.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
We got very lucky in that game. That being said we were probably due for a lucky win. Take them when you can get them.

3. Roberts
2. Boyd
1. Oates

I thought we really struggled in the forwards when all the Burgess brothers were on. We are really missing the size of Pangai.

Why can't any of our halves kick grubbers through the line instead of opponents legs?

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
We make winning really hard. Who got man of the match?

3. Oates
2. Maguire
1. Milford

Big Pete

Referee
Boyd was the Channel 9 MotM.

I thought it was well deserved. Not only did he lay on the two passes for Oates, but he was on-point with his positional play and as always he was coming up with some big effort plays. There were a few kick chases where he was on the spot and got Souths on the back-foot.

Bronco18

Juniors
Why are we continuosly putting a winger on our bench?

I get it for when Kahu is playing injured, but putting Pearson then on the bench when Mead started was a head scratcher (it worked because Mead played terrible).

And why is Mead on the bench now ahead of Pearson?

DeeJ

Bench
The only reason I think is because Jai Arrow and now Pangai Jr are injured, and there's no other forwards that are ready yet.

Latest posts