What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos V St Helens match thread

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
oh.. and broncos should win.. but i'd rather lose and have no serious injuries to key players than to win with a key player getting seriously injured..

but broncos to win!!!!

gregstar said:
in short - i'm slobbering queer who enjoys a good bastard filing of the rectum.

is there any forumer out there with "lockyer" in the username that isn't a complete turd-burglar?

Ill translate for gregstar: What hes trying to say is he is a red neck from Brisbane that can't afford housing in Sydney. Go get farked!!

I may support the Broncs buy i know i won't prosper up in red neck ville.

gregstar

Referee
Glory be Lockyer said:
Ill translate for gregstar: What hes trying to say is he is a red neck from Brisbane that can't afford housing in Sydney. Go get farked!!

I may support the Broncs buy i know i won't prosper up in red neck ville.
wow!

you arrived at all that from such a post?

you've fallen tragically short, but our hopes weren't high.

it should have been interpreted thusly......

glory be to lockyer has the mental capacity of an ice brick missing from an igloo.
he has swanned into LU determined to shred whatever lingering credibility remained after an unsuccessful groin relocation operation which left him with foreskin eyelids.

swallow dieldrin - you'll be smarter than you are presently.

Spitty

Juniors
Good on Broncos for sending over a strong side. The more effort premiere's put into this match the more credibility it'll get.

(even though players who made major contributions to there respective teams premiereship's aren't included because they've moved on eg. Lyon and Webcke. So really it's not premiere's vs premiere's because the premiereship teams aren't the same.)

But anyway I go for St Helens in the SL and they aren't going real well. But I always have the sh*t's when SL teams win and then claim they are the SUPERIOR competition. So I'm a little conflicted. But I think Broncos will have them covered.

Y2Eel

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Well, as much as this game is a glorified trial match for us, good to see some league being played. However, I will be extremely annoyed if any injuries happen to our key players!

I hpe most fans arent like you..

The poms take it serious enough to reschedule their 3rd round match for it...

jed

First Grade
fourplay said:
Lucky for Brisbane St Helens are in their worst form in years. After being seemingly invincible the last few years they have lost their last 2 games in a row vs teams tipped for relegation.
Not only that, the only team they've so far managed to beat is currently sitting stone-cold last with no wins.

lockyno1 said:
Well, as much as this game is a glorified trial match for us, good to see some league being played. However, I will be extremely annoyed if any injuries happen to our key players!
Injuries are just as likely to happen during this match as during a trial match against Timbuktoo Tarantulas, against the Cowboys in Round 1, or in the finals series at the end of the season.

Y2Eek said:
Luckily the poms are more accomodating than the RLPA, but thankfully also Brisbane were accomodating in allowing a full side to go over. The last team to travel to the UK (the roosters) brought back the trophy, but sides that go over and don't even play warm-up games come home empty-handed.

Broncos will win themselves countless fans whilst over there from the awe-inspired youngsters that will get to meet some of the players they see every week on Sky (or used to). I know of many fans over there who've pledged their alliegence to a team based on meeting players on end-of-season tours, Kangaroos tours, or WCC games.

mxlegend99

Referee
Broncos in form would beat St Helens regardless of their form.

If Broncos carry even just a little form into this game, god help St Helens. It could be a huge owning. Although i must admit, the Broncos still have a bit to go before getting back to their peak.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Y2Eel said:

So what? I would rather then not so that we just played our reserve grade side!

Spike

First Grade
Saints form is pretty sh*thouse with a loss to Wakefield on the weekend. I expect them to lift for the match against the Broncos, but not enough to win. Broncos by 14

Ghoulies

Bench
jed said:
Injuries are just as likely to happen during this match as during a trial match against Timbuktoo Tarantulas, against the Cowboys in Round 1, or in the finals series at the end of the season.
Unfortunately this is what idiots like locky fail to understand. If we'd sent a reserve grade side over, our first grade stars still would have been playing a trial on the weekend against the Raiders, and still would have been running the risk of injury.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
Unfortunately this is what idiots like locky fail to understand. If we'd sent a reserve grade side over, our first grade stars still would have been playing a trial on the weekend against the Raiders, and still would have been running the risk of injury.

Correct in parts, however we would not be playing in freezing temperatures in the UK. Heaps of muscle injures happen when it is cold!

lockyno1 said:
Correct in parts, however we would not be playing in freezing temperatures in the UK. Heaps of muscle injures happen when it is cold!
When did you stick your head in the freezer?

gregstar

Referee
there's a fair dinkum "locky" echo filling these forums.

it's approaching covellian proportions.

The Observer

Staff member
This should be a close., hard fought game, the cold weather will ensure that. However the Broncos can win it this time. If the teams look something like this, then the listed players would come out on top in each head to head comparison:

FULLBACK
Paul Wellens vs Karmichael Hunt - Hunt

WING
Ade Gardner vs Darius Boyd - Gardner

CENTRE
Matt Gidley vs Brent Tate - Gidley

CENTRE
Willie Talau vs Justin Hodges - Hodges

WING
Francis Meli vs Tame Tupou - Meli

FIVE EIGHTH
Leon Pryce vs Darren Lockyer - Lockyer

HALFBACK
Sean Long vs Shane Perry - Long

PROP
Nick Fozzard vs Corey Parker - Parker

HOOKER
Keiron Cunningham vs Shaun Berrigan - Berrigan

PROP
Jason Cayless vs Petero Civoniceva - Civoniceva

2ND ROW
Jon Wilkin vs Brad Thorn - Thorn

2ND ROW
Lee Gilmour vs Sam Thaiday - Thaiday

LOCK
Jason Hooper vs Tonie Carroll - Carroll

BENCH
PROP
James Graham vs Hannant - Hannant

PROP/2ROW
Mike Bennett vs Carlaw - Carlaw

UTILITY/DUMMY HALF
James Roby vs Michael Ennis - Roby

WIDE RUNNING FORWARD
Maurie Fa'asavalu vs Greg Eastwood - Eastwood

IMO Broncos are better on an individual basis in 12 positions (though a couple like Graham, Cunningham and Cayless are debatable). That doesn't necessarily mean the Broncos will automatically play better as a team and therefore win. Nevertheless, I think they will.

Ghoulies

Bench
Official team:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Darius Boyd
3. Brent Tate
4. Justin Hodges
5. Steve Michaels
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Shane Perry
8. Dane Carlaw
9. Shaun Berrigan