What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BroncosNRL

Big Pete

Referee
The Fitzgibbon '02 try was the first time I can recall an attacker getting a 'second dip'. I'm sure there's other examples, but that's the first high profile decision I can recall. By awarding that try, the NRL has set a precedent where it seems like guys are getting second and third attempts to position their bodies and ensure some part of the ball is touching the grass.

While it's no consolation to Souths, at least the referees have drawn a line and the officials know that they should never have awarded the try to Moga.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Take a look at @BunniesNRL's Tweet:
Thought this was a good decision. Scored straight after the alleged play the ball. Nothing said at the time and not a thing written or said post game lol.

Life's Good

Coach
Queue. And I would prefer it if it was general Qld bashing.....

Point it that these decisions always go with the teams expected to win. The whole level playing field thing is bullshit and everyone knows it.

Far queue. Thanks for the correction. And anyway, what are you complaining about with decisions favouring the winning teams? I recall Newcastle getting a decsion go their way back in 2002:wink:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Far queue. Thanks for the correction. And anyway, what are you complaining about with decisions favouring the winning teams? I recall Newcastle getting a decsion go their way back in 2002:wink:

Merely highlighting a trend that has been going on for years as you say. Favoured teams get all the decisions.

Broncos get more than most though.

2002? Do elaborate.

Life's Good

Coach
Merely highlighting a trend that has been going on for years as you say. Favoured teams get all the decisions.

2002? Do elaborate.
Careful you will stir up those Broncos fans again.
2002 was a metaphor for Newy not catching a break in a while. Hopefully soon though.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Careful you will stir up those Broncos fans again.
2002 was a metaphor for Newy not catching a break in a while. Hopefully soon though.

Not holding my breath re Knights mate. But waiting for the day the Broncs get stiffed on a game changing call to hear the howls of protest and the NSW conspiracy. That will be a bit of fun.

Iafeta

Referee

2002? Do elaborate.

The decision he refers to is Sean Rudder resigning.

no name

Coach
The Fitzgibbon '02 try was the first time I can recall an attacker getting a 'second dip'. I'm sure there's other examples, but that's the first high profile decision I can recall. By awarding that try, the NRL has set a precedent where it seems like guys are getting second and third attempts to position their bodies and ensure some part of the ball is touching the grass.

While it's no consolation to Souths, at least the referees have drawn a line and the officials know that they should never have awarded the try to Moga.
Ah the Fitzgibbon 'worm'. Wriggled across from a metre or so out if I remember correctly?
I remember being doubtful of that try at the time.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Take a look at @BunniesNRL's Tweet:
Thought this was a good decision. Scored straight after the alleged play the ball. Nothing said at the time and not a thing written or said post game lol.

should have been a Cowboys penalty, so we'll call it playing the advantage

Pedge1971

First Grade
should have been a Cowboys penalty, so we'll call it playing the advantage

How so? He was allowed a quick play the ball he got up and played it illegally. On the off chance it should be a penalty (which it isnt) that is what it is. If you knock on they dont play on, they blow a penalty against the opposition.

Terrible decision either way and favours the team they expect to win....

TheVelourFog

First Grade
How so? He was allowed a quick play the ball he got up and played it illegally. On the off chance it should be a penalty (which it isnt) that is what it is. If you knock on they dont play on, they blow a penalty against the opposition.

Terrible decision either way and favours the team they expect to win....

the Newcastle player clearly pulls him