What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

Isn’t funny how out of the so called big four from last season the less fancied one,as in Brooks is going along fine while the other three are playing like busted a#ses...lol

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Brooks was good. He really tried hard in a team that basically went backwards and had close to zero strike power.

Appreciated....he's played better but still tried hard as you saw

* spelling question...does appreciated have only one c as in "sincerity"?

How can Brooks play poorly when we had no ball in the second half, and when we did his halves partner was doing everything to give the ball back?

Wouldn't expect a window washer like Rhyno to pick up on that though.

Clifferd

Coach
24C30D78-615B-4C31-BEF2-356B1595EF6B.jpeg

Brooksys stats compared to previous years

Projected of course, but noticeable improvements are his short kicking game and run meters (leading the comp in forced drop outs and run meters out of any half)

He is a realistic chance of winning Dally M if he keeps his form up.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/b41c8a919444e308d82fc488d2f89812

NRL 2018: Luke Brooks feels wanted at Tigers despite growing speculation around Nathan Cleary

LUKE Brooks has been the silent party in the speculation surrounding Nathan Cleary joining his father Ivan at the Wests Tigers in 2019.

Although Ivan Cleary declared Brooks ‘knows the situation’ after admitting he wants to coach his son at the Wests Tigers, the comment has remained unclear until now.
The 23-year-old halfback has been the subject of speculation since Cleary’s revelation last week, with both Brooks and the young Panthers star coming off contract at the end of 2019.
Appearing on NRL Tonight on Wednesday, Brooks said he has spoken to his coach and the two are clear on the unique situation at hand.

“He’s always told me he wants to coach his son, whether that be in two years or in a couple of years down the track. He’s always been open and honest with me about that and I’ve never felt unwanted,” Brooks said.
“It is a bit unique, but for me, I can’t really worry about that stuff, I just have to worry about me and playing footy. If that stuff happens, then it happens and I’ll worry about it when the time comes.”
It’s been suggested Cleary and Brooks, both halfbacks, couldn’t play together, nor would there be enough space in the salary cap to accommodate them as well fellow half Josh Reynolds, who has signed to a long-term deal with the club.

Shredder

Juniors
Incidentally and there are no right or wrong answers, if we ended up with both Brooks and Cleary, who do you think would move to 6?

I think it comes down to who has the best running game.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The best outcome for us would b to retain Brooks so he & Cleary would b our long term 6 & 7 & to somehow find some sucker to agree to take the grub for a reasonable price.If this were to happen we’d b responsible for paying at least half of grubs contract coz he ain’t worth 1 cent > 400k.Unfortunately the grubs old club certainly wont b interested especially with the impressive performances of the nephew of King Wally plus they have signed cogger & r stuck with an injury prone Foran on massive $.

Tiger05

First Grade
Incidentally and there are no right or wrong answers, if we ended up with both Brooks and Cleary, who do you think would move to 6?

I think it comes down to who has the best running game.

Brooks but it's just a number on their back. They will play the same footy.

gordsy

Juniors
Brooks played well tonight but lets be honest it was against the Knights. I'd like to see more of that effort,, especially against quality teams. It's easy to beat up on crap teams.