What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browny v Bennett

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wow how about Browny's spray on Bennett. Kudos to him after what Bennett said about him earlier.

I feel Browny is maybe still sore about 2010 seeing he handed Bennett a team in great shape only for him to reap the rewards and not give Browny any credit. And now in return Bennett hands Browny a team in the worst possible shape.

Seems everyone knows what a mess Bennett left Newcastle ( and Saints and Bronco's) except for Bennett himself.

Newcastle in good shape now and will only get better as Browny is a great coach and one that takes no $hite that is for sure. Good on him for standing up to Bennett just like he did to the Storm when he was at the Dragons when he instructed his players to gie back what they dish out.

I am grateful to Bennett for getting the Saints a premiership and 3 great seasons but slamming Browny was pretty low especially seeing he has done a great job.

Rife

Juniors
My favourite part was when the coach who didn't win us a premiership made remarks about the personal life of the coach who won us our first premiership in 31 years.

Drag Queen

Bench
Bennett shafted Newcastle.
I get the feeling he knew Tinkler was a sham and decided to get the money out of him while he could, before it ran out.
When it did run out he ran, well horizontal shuffled, away.

Kudos for winning us the premiership we longed desired, it doesn’t change what he did to the Knights.
Let's hope the Knights blow the Broncs out of the water. Browny telling it as it is. Who would have thought..

Browny could have expressed his opinion in a less colourful manner in my opinion.

He had every right to respond.

However he could have simply said the Newcastle team was assembled under Bennett for short term success that didn't come, and that he has taken a longer term view to create a strong sustainable playing group based on a mix of youth and experience.

Browny took a punt on Ponga and has now taken a punt on the Cronulla Centre Remien. He is a wonderful judge of junior talent and will develop the younger players that have serious potential.

Very few coaches succeed without high quality cattle.

Thank you Wayne for 2010. Will always remember how he took a relatively ordinary side and got them to believe in themselves. Feel he is passed it now and I question Bennett's desire at this time.

Wouldn't be surprised if Broncos miss the 8 or scrape in by the skin of their scrotum.

Browny has the passion and belief. Can see Newcastle finishing between 8-12.

Drag Queen

Bench
Browny could have expressed his opinion in a less colourful manner in my opinion.

He had every right to respond.

However he could have simply said the Newcastle team was assembled under Bennett for short term success that didn't come, and that he has taken a longer term view to create a strong sustainable playing group based on a mix of youth and experience.

Browny took a punt on Ponga and has now taken a punt on the Cronulla Centre Remien. He is a wonderful judge of junior talent and will develop the younger players that have serious potential.

Very few coaches succeed without high quality cattle.

Thank you Wayne for 2010. Will always remember how he took a relatively ordinary side and got them to believe in themselves. Feel he is passed it now and I question Bennett's desire at this time.

Wouldn't be surprised if Broncos miss the 8 or scrape in by the skin of their scrotum.

Browny has the passion and belief. Can see Newcastle finishing between 8-12.
The locals up this way are optimistic. Browny has nothing to apologise for. He called it for what it is. Bennett left a total mess.

ouryears

Bench
The locals up this way are optimistic. Browny has nothing to apologise for. He called it for what it is. Bennett left a total mess.
I love Browny and didn't mind what he said.
But now I sort of think he would have won amazing respect and more long term benefit had he said 'I am building a team that is going to have a winning culture for years to come.
Of course I have unbuilt some of what was done because the club didnt have the right players and I have fixed that.

Unbuilding the poor parts and rebuilding it is my job, and as you can see from the results this year, it is working.

Thankyou ball boys. Good night.

Life's Good

Coach
It was like watching two Ex's going at each other. In the end, who cares it was simply entertaining, got a laugh & yet sensationalised by the media to create a headline.
So true. The very same media who lauded Bennett as the SuperCoach are revelling in the misery the Broncos now find themselves in. The same media who are criticising Browny for making it personal yet delve deep into the personal lives of others for a headline.
The media giveth and the media taketh away.....

mw10371

Juniors
Am I the only one here who thinks Bennett also screwed us in a way? Sure he won us a premiership, but he also cost us one..... announcing he was leaving for a better offer based purely on cash halfway through 2011 destabilized the team enough to see our efforts drop during the second half of the year, crippling our finals campaign.

Then he f**ks off with half our players and leaves us with arguably the shittiest coach we've ever had, (based on his recommendation).

All that being said, we got off easy compared to how he left Newcastle. Browny went light on him I reckon.

Drag Queen

Bench
I love Browny and didn't mind what he said.
But now I sort of think he would have won amazing respect and more long term benefit had he said 'I am building a team that is going to have a winning culture for years to come.
Of course I have unbuilt some of what was done because the club didnt have the right players and I have fixed that.

Unbuilding the poor parts and rebuilding it is my job, and as you can see from the results this year, it is working.

Thankyou ball boys. Good night.
Jeezuz that's a polite way of looking at it. Damn shame they lost Gagai to Souths. My youngest has Aspergers and is fixated with him. He's gone from a Newy supporter to a Rabbit's fan. Hubs and the rest of the kids are into Union. My son and I bond over NRL although I secretly enjoy Union more.

ouryears

Bench
Am I the only one here who thinks Bennett also screwed us in a way? Sure he won us a premiership, but he also cost us one..... announcing he was leaving for a better offer based purely on cash halfway through 2011 destabilized the team enough to see our efforts drop during the second half of the year, crippling our finals campaign.

Then he f**ks off with half our players and leaves us with arguably the shittiest coach we've ever had, (based on his recommendation).

All that being said, we got off easy compared to how he left Newcastle. Browny went light on him I reckon.

Yes i think his timing was poor announcing he was leaving the club, though players later said it had no affect on them, I think origin busted our guys that year.

Boyd was always going to follow him.

Beau Scott wanted to stay with us ... but the club ditched decent negotiations thinking he was past it..... Clubs fault

Costigan asked for around 75k more to stay, the club said no, clubs fault.

Alex McInnon poor guy, but that said, it was no real loss.

If the club acted properly, we would have only lost Boyd and McInnon

And stupid Doust should have given Wayne 5 yrs to start with, again the clubs fault.

It was a mess

Life's Good

Coach

Bennett’s announcement that he was leaving sure didn’t help us in 2011 but I think other factors conspired against us, namely the selection of so many players for SOO & Gasnier deciding to leave which wasn’t the best of timing for going into the market to buy players.
I agree the recommendation/appointment of Price was poor but that was compounded by the club extending Price despite a poor run of results. The club could have chosen to fix that but stumbled along.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Jeezuz that's a polite way of looking at it. Damn shame they lost Gagai to Souths. My youngest has Aspergers and is fixated with him. He's gone from a Newy supporter to a Rabbit's fan. Hubs and the rest of the kids are into Union. My son and I bond over NRL although I secretly enjoy Union more.

Nice post there, DQ but can l request some mint mouthwash for the latter.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Brownys reply to Mr Bennett was justified. It was Mr Bennett showing some signs of not so Mr Cool Bennett. I guess the pressure has got to him. Yes he is also human. Anyway D4L

Latest posts