What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Our style of football looks to be massively different this year. They better learn to defend.

Griffinball! Basically, he is pinning all our hopes on the forwards (and back 3) eating meters one out and then hoping that Maloney and Cleary do something in the opposition's 20. Let's hope we actually are allowed to try for repeat sets this season.

OldPanther

Coach
Griffinball! Basically, he is pinning all our hopes on the forwards (and back 3) eating meters one out and then hoping that Maloney and Cleary do something in the opposition's 20. Let's hope we actually are allowed to try for repeat sets this season.

Right on the money. We've transitioned into this slowly over the last few years. Maloney has been getting repeat sets for too long. It'll be habit now I reckon.

Pomoz

Bench
Cartwright gone and the reaction is a comment on Griffin Ball! WTF he was one of the best players we have ever had. I am gutted. I hope whatever the personal reasons are for him leaving, he resolves them. He has a rare talent and I wish him well.

Fangs

Coach
Cartwright gone and the reaction is a comment on Griffin Ball! WTF he was one of the best players we have ever had. I am gutted. I hope whatever the personal reasons are for him leaving, he resolves them. He has a rare talent and I wish him well.

This is quite true. Once in a lifetime talent. Gonna make me sick seeing him playing football for another club but part of me also wants to see him playing at his best.

mxlegend99

Referee
There sure is, I can't believe people don't see a problem with all these players leaving mid contract.
Just a shame that outside of Hiku, the players we are releasing early were on unders compared to what other clubs are willing to pay.

Cartwright and Moylan were our two best players and the guys who could single handedly win a game.

Wizardman

First Grade
They were two of your most overated players that were playing on reputations that didn't really happen. They were both also a bucket load of trouble off the field. Getting rid of these players I think is a great move in the right direction for the Panthers
I tend to agree. A bit of Dave Taylor in Cartwright.

mxlegend99

Referee
They were two of your most overated players that were playing on reputations that didn't really happen. They were both also a bucket load of trouble off the field. Getting rid of these players I think is a great move in the right direction for the Panthers
You clearly missed our 2016 season. And 2014 season. These players (Moylan especially) are absolute freaks when fit.

These guys are players who have on multiple occassions turned games and been the key reason we won them. They are match winners. Pure and simple. Injuries and off field drama have affected them. Sure. But almost every player has suffered in one way or another under Hook.

Jennings. Lewis. Coote. Graham. All supposedly overrated. Won comps since leaving us. TMM supposedly overrated. Plays in a grand final the same year he couldnt even make our top 17 ahead of the supposedly overrated Cartwright and Moylan.

The only good thing about these players leaving is most go on to prove they truly were as good as the wraps we had on them.