What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog Will Hopoate will not play rugby league on Sundays for religious reasons

drago brelli

Bench
The Dogs and Hopoate were possibly hoping that a situation like yesterday would arise. Canterbury could have done with him yesterday. Yet where was he? On the couch, riding his bike going door to door. Surely his all knowing, all forgiving, compassionate and ubiquitous God wouldn't hold it against him if he answered the call of his club. Hoppa's a decent person, after all.

Timbo

Staff member
The Dogs and Hopoate were possibly hoping that a situation like yesterday would arise. Canterbury could have done with him yesterday. Yet where was he? On the couch, riding his bike going door to door. Surely his all knowing, all forgiving, compassionate and ubiquitous God wouldn't hold it against him if he answered the call of his club. Hoppa's a decent person, after all.

Yep. All I could think yesterday as we came home with a wet sail was: thank god it's Sunday.

They were a class player short. Morris may have saved them, who knows. But this sort of thing is going to make Hoppa's chances of a future contract anywhere dicey.

What good is a player, no matter how good, if he'll never be willing to play on Grand Final day?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I'd be filthy if I was his team-mates. They're already hard up against it with Origin and especially Morris dropping out on the day of the game, then they're further robbed of a player because a guy on mega bucks has a pretend friend in the sky that says he can't play on Sundays? I'd find it hard to defend next to someone who has imaginary friends that dictate his life.

If 'God' is a decent bloke, he'd say go out and spread my word on Saturdays if there's a game on Sunday.

It's all horse shit. God forbid if anyone from my awful mob tries to do it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
latest

Perth Red

Post Whore
Couldn't he just confess his sin and be cleansed of the sin that is playing footy on a Sunday? Isn't that how religion works, do what you like as long as you feel sorry for it and all is forgiven?

Barkley

Bench
I wonder if Des gave Hoppa a call on Sunday? If Hoppa was to ever break his no Sunday deal surely it would have been on the weekend in pretty unusual circumstances.

stormbati

Bench
Good on Hoppa to stand for what he believes in and continues to do so. Much more character than the keyboard heroes in this thread.

Feej

First Grade
I'm sure Des was happy Hoppa spent Sunday with his happy clapper mates and their imaginary friend.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's over now for this season. Hoppa is available for all remaining Dogs games :)

Latest posts